Greavsy

Recruitment reshuffle

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

There's something you dont know? Unbelievable Jeff/Geoff!!!

Yep, seen somebody mentioning him assaulting a fan or something.

Never heard anything about it.

Rather admit that I don't know something than keep making things up like your mate chicken. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why on earth would that amaze you?

They gave him a Premier League managers job 😁

It will be very harsh on him if a new DoF comes in and bins him off.

3 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Getting ready to sack Farke by the looks of it

You are definitely in the cynical and pessimistic club with me... but lost me here. What would be the connection?

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be very harsh on him if a new DoF comes in and bins him off.

No harsher than it has been when we've sacked off other former players from non-playing roles, like Darren Huckerby.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are definitely in the cynical and pessimistic club with me... but lost me here. What would be the connection?

Two more defeats and Adams will be caretaker manager.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I doubt that. But it would help whoever Webber's successor is to bed in.

We'll see I guess. I'd be surprised if an existing Sporting Director would want to have his assistant chosen for him when he arrives.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yep, seen somebody mentioning him assaulting a fan or something.

Never heard anything about it.

Rather admit that I don't know something than keep making things up like your mate chicken. 

Ive only known Chickeno since you introduced us, which was kind of you, so I wouldnt class him as a mate, More of an acquaintance that enjoys sport in a similar way to me.😇👍😉

Cheers for that TuB!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ive only known Chickeno since you introduced us, which was kind of you, so I wouldnt class him as a mate, More of an acquaintance that enjoys sport in a similar way to me.😇👍😉

Cheers for that TuB!!!

You make a good couple, you will be good for each other.

But please don't breed. 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You make a good couple, you will be good for each other.

But please don't breed. 

No thanks, I'm happily married, to a real life woman, with whom I share my life. I wish you the same fulfilment in your relationships. Thanks for caring though,you're really in touch with others feelings...I respect that in a man, glad your not one of those macho 'if I saw you down the pub I'd punch your lights out' types.......so last year. 😉👍😇

59 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Two more defeats and Adams will be caretaker manager.

Agreed - The Cook is rearranging the deckchairs on The Titanic as it sinks beneath the PL waves. NA will be anointed should Farke quit.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Loans can provide a platform for young players to show what they can do.

Ask Godfrey and Cantwell.

People already knew what Maddison could do, but his time in Aberdeen made him realise he needed to come back and knuckle down in Norwich to break through. 

Those were all a few years ago. Now we've got players like Omotoye and Martin struggling to get game time. Then when they do well we question whether they can do it at the top level. 

If Omobamidele had gone on loan he would probably been in the same position as Famewo. 

6 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Those were all a few years ago. Now we've got players like Omotoye and Martin struggling to get game time. Then when they do well we question whether they can do it at the top level. 

If Omobamidele had gone on loan he would probably been in the same position as Famewo. 

And if my grandma were a bus then she'd honk (to borrow a memorable remark from the former German international Dieter Eilts). Farke clearly thought Omobamidele was up to the mark, and so far he's not done too badly despite the upheaval around him. That's why he's not out on loan.

The whole point of loans is to give them first-team action, but also to get an idea of where they're at. If they're not breaking into the first team at a lower level - a la Hondermarck, then unsurprisingly they're probably not going to be what we need.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

McCallum doing very well in the champs.

Most players aren't going to make the grade as a top Champs / Lower Prem player, so won't meet the required standard to make it at Norwich, that's just simple common sense. A loan gives them a platform to show what they can do. 

Josh Martin struggling to get into a League One side might suggest that he simply doesn't stand out at that level. Why would that be a surprise? He showed glimpses of quality in the Championship but at other times was anonymous.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

And if my grandma were a bus then she'd honk (to borrow a memorable remark from the former German international Dieter Eilts). Farke clearly thought Omobamidele was up to the mark, and so far he's not done too badly despite the upheaval around him. That's why he's not out on loan.

The whole point of loans is to give them first-team action, but also to get an idea of where they're at. If they're not breaking into the first team at a lower level - a la Hondermarck, then unsurprisingly they're probably not going to be what we need.

If Gibson hadn't been injured Omo wouldn't have played so he would probably be out on loan now. Its then up to his manager if he wants to bring through his own players and not rely on a young kid on loan. 

The last time it worked was 3 years ago with Cantwell. Omobamidele has benefited by not going on loan. 

25 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

If Gibson hadn't been injured Omo wouldn't have played so he would probably be out on loan now. Its then up to his manager if he wants to bring through his own players and not rely on a young kid on loan. 

The last time it worked was 3 years ago with Cantwell. Omobamidele has benefited by not going on loan. 

He wouldn't. Was said a few times in the Athletic that Farke wanted Omobamidele to stay around.

Not really sure what to make of it all to be honest time will be the greatest test to see if any good comes from it. Will reserve judgement until then. Good luck to all involved. As D ream once sang things can only get better. 

I guess this will only make sense once Webber leaves. As others say, it probably means Adams will be caretaker Sporting Director while they seek a replacement for Webber. Can't see Adams being a direct replacement based on a season of being an assistant.

54 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He wouldn't. Was said a few times in the Athletic that Farke wanted Omobamidele to stay around.

So he would have played in the Prem without any first team experience? 

If so, it is greater proof that loans aren't working. 

16 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

So he would have played in the Prem without any first team experience? 

If so, it is greater proof that loans aren't working. 

In what way?

Loans are there to give players first-team experience who need it, or to gauge the level a player is holding his own at. So how would Omobamidele's emergence into the first team be an indictment of loans?

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Adams one of the worst managers we have ever had nearly running the club

you couldn’t make it up could you

He’s not even close to the worst manager in the last 30 years, let alone ever.

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

In what way?

Loans are there to give players first-team experience who need it, or to gauge the level a player is holding his own at. So how would Omobamidele's emergence into the first team be an indictment of loans?

Omobamidele got into the first team without going on loan. 

The players that are on loan aren't getting enough game time and as a consequence no loaned out player has made it as a  first team regular for 3 years. I'm talking about our loan system and going Omobamidele as an example, last year he was at the same level as Omotoye and behind Martin. 

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Did Hughes assault a fan? I remember a heated argument but never an assault, unless we're talking about different things?

After Worthington's last game against Burnley. 

6 hours ago, sonyc said:

He was always used to running around a lot in his playing days. A (hard working midfield) Loans Manager role will suit him 😀

Lots of running around and the best finger pointer we have ever had, closely followed by Naismith. Huge respect for Adam’s and wish him well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

After Worthington's last game against Burnley. 

I've seen it described as a heated exchange and a spat but never assault - was there more to it?