Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Brentford tickets

31 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

These are on general sale already? 

I don't know why I'm doing it to myself, but I've bought a ticket. Brentford fans in the family, not going to be pretty for me. 

they are on sale to match pick today, general sale from next monday i think, if they get that far, just got mine

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

they are on sale to match pick today, general sale from next monday i think, if they get that far, just got mine

Well funny, I'm not a member.

I went on at 9am and saw they were on sale, selected a ticket, which went straight into my basket, and completed the transaction. I received email confirmation from the club too. However, the ticket office have just called me to cancel my ticket as the website had made a mistake!! Now I appreciate I'm not a member (have been many times before), and that paying members won't be happy if I got a ticket, but quite frankly I'm pissed off with the club as it's their error not mine. I feel the ticket should still stand! I bought in good faith, I wasn't trying to bend the system. I presumed they'd gone onto general sale as it allowed to purchase!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Well funny, I'm not a member. I went on at 9am and saw they were on sale, selected a ticket, which went straight into my basket, and completed the transaction. I received email confirmation from the club too. However, the ticket office have just called me to cancel my ticket as the website had made a mistake!! Now I appreciate I'm not a member (have been many times before), and that paying members won't be happy if I got a ticket, but quite frankly I'm pissed off with the club as it's there error not mine. I feel the ticket should still stand! I bought in good faith, I wasn't trying to bend the system. I presumed they'd gone onto general sale as it allowed to purchase!

That is poor and I agree. 

Wonder if many others done that too? 

6 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Five tickets bought this morning. Wonder if all in Group One will get one...

From what I've heard Pete everyone in Group one will comfortably get a ticket...... assuming they all want to face the ordeal 😧

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

The Brighton fan said on here that they only got 1700 tickets for Brentford. 

@Pete Raven

Do you guys ever get told of allocations we have taken, or even how many fans are in each grouping? 

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

That is poor and I agree. 

Wonder if many others done that too? 

Yeah, I'd be interested to know. Just feel they should accept their mistake! Perhaps they had a few hundred mistakes this am and panicked.. If it was only a few I doubt they would have gone through the hassle and potential bad PR of cancelling? It was only a single, after all. 

37 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The Brighton fan said on here that they only got 1700 tickets for Brentford. 

@Pete Raven

Do you guys ever get told of allocations we have taken, or even how many fans are in each grouping? 

The rules state that away fans must be allocated 3,000 tickets or 10% of capacity, whichever is lower. I doubt the club would ever request a lower number than offered, so I'm guessing we'll have 1,725 tickets for Brentford, based on their capacity of 17,250.

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The rules state that away fans must be allocated 3,000 tickets or 10% of capacity, whichever is lower. I doubt the club would ever request a lower number than offered, so I'm guessing we'll have 1,725 tickets for Brentford, based on their capacity of 17,250.

Cheers was aware of the "rules" but thanks for sharing / clarifying. 

I agree we would usually take most of the allocation, particularly at smaller grounds, and especially Brentford which many have as their top pick.. 

Be interesting to get the stats though, especially on the numbers in each grouping. 

4 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Well funny, I'm not a member.

I went on at 9am and saw they were on sale, selected a ticket, which went straight into my basket, and completed the transaction. I received email confirmation from the club too. However, the ticket office have just called me to cancel my ticket as the website had made a mistake!! Now I appreciate I'm not a member (have been many times before), and that paying members won't be happy if I got a ticket, but quite frankly I'm pissed off with the club as it's their error not mine. I feel the ticket should still stand! I bought in good faith, I wasn't trying to bend the system. I presumed they'd gone onto general sale as it allowed to purchase!

Did you presume this despite the on sale date list?

25 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Did you presume this despite the on sale date list?

I didn't look at the on sale date, given I'm not a member this season, I'm not keeping track. I was on the website and saw Brentford tickets and purchased one! At no point did it say I was ineligible.  

I've complained to the club, who have replied and said sorry, but ticket is still cancelled. I think the club is covered by the consumer rights act, which states I don't take ownership until I receive the product. I just think it's **** poor that the club makes a mistake and faces no consequence, and the customer who buys in good faith is left disappointed and inconvenienced. 

In no way was I trying to bend the system. The thought couldn't have entered my mind, you just assume the website is working correctly. Don't you?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I didn't look at the on sale date, given I'm not a member this season, I'm not keeping track. I was on the website and saw Brentford tickets and purchased one! At no point did it say I was ineligible.  

I've complained to the club, who have replied and said sorry, but ticket is still cancelled. I think the club is covered by the consumer rights act, which states I don't take ownership until I receive the product. I just think it's **** poor that the club makes a mistake and faces no consequence, and the customer who buys in good faith is left disappointed and inconvenienced. 

In no way was I trying to bend the system. The thought couldn't have entered my mind, you just assume the website is working correctly. Don't you?

How have you been inconvenienced ?

The club ,as the retailer made a mistake any retailer who makes a mistake in that way would be covered by t and c.  Given that an away membership cost £25 , it wouldnt be great if the club let you have a ticket, possibly depriving a paid up member

what consequence do you think the club should face

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

How have you been inconvenienced ?

The club ,as the retailer made a mistake any retailer who makes a mistake in that way would be covered by t and c.  Given that an away membership cost £25 , it wouldnt be great if the club let you have a ticket, possibly depriving a paid up member

what consequence do you think the club should face

How have you been inconvenienced ? I bought a rail ticket after buying the Brentford ticket, and started making family plans. 

what consequence do you think the club should face - My view, although I accept unpopular with members, is that the club should have honoured the transaction since it was there error, rather than penalising me instead. 

Anyway, it is what it is, I'm over it! Probably a god send in all honesty! 

It proves that the Clubs processes are far too complicated. Why does this match pick nonsense come first ahead of regulars? Right to buy should be based purely on loyalty rather than a charge. 

27 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It proves that the Clubs processes are far too complicated. Why does this match pick nonsense come first ahead of regulars? Right to buy should be based purely on loyalty rather than a charge. 

It proves nothing of the sort. 

It would appear there was an error on the website, for some reason making one person (as far reported on here) able to buy ticket/s, albeit subsequently rescinded by the club. This could have happened what ever the restrictions/ qualification for purchase could have been.

18 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Definitely not if all you panic-buyers keep up the jerry-can approach to match tickets ! 

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

It proves nothing of the sort. 

It would appear there was an error on the website, for some reason making one person (as far reported on here) able to buy ticket/s, albeit subsequently rescinded by the club. This could have happened what ever the restrictions/ qualification for purchase could have been.

Error is part of the human DNA. That is why computer programs have been developed. A program that allows even one person through inappropriately is about as good as a bucket with a hole in it.

It was the Rotherham match in 2019 which led to many loyal supporters not getting tickets that led to the current system in which the Club prioritised its revenue streams.

As the last Supporters Panel was now 2 weeks ago, it would have been good to have been party to further developments before tickets go on sale for the most in demand away fixture of this season.

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Error is part of the human DNA. That is why computer programs have been developed. A program that allows even one person through inappropriately is about as good as a bucket with a hole in it.

It was the Rotherham match in 2019 which led to many loyal supporters not getting tickets that led to the current system in which the Club prioritised its revenue streams.

As the last Supporters Panel was now 2 weeks ago, it would have been good to have been party to further developments before tickets go on sale for the most in demand away fixture of this season.

Im not sure if you're using your stick to beat the club with, or just banging your own drum...... Again. 

The minutes from the last SP meeting have been delayed due to Carolyn being on compassionate leave, as discussed on the appropriate thread. 

28 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Error is part of the human DNA. That is why computer programs have been developed.

Ah yes, computer programs. Inflexible, unable to deal with unusual or niche issues, prone to crashing completely, often badly designed and/or needing changing, turning employees into "operatives" with little understanding of their jobs apart from what the computer program tells them.  Anyhow, computers are reknowned for making errors - and really, computers are just a reflection of the humans that use them and when there is a f**k up with a computer, the errors usually affect way more people.

• Like 1

Group two availability for Brentford. Quick and easy access, tickets acquired in under 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, GMF said:

Group two availability for Brentford. Quick and easy access, tickets acquired in under 5 minutes.

Might go below this.

Surprisingly few away members selected it as their match pick and there are a lot less people in Group one anyway.

46 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I suspect the terrible form of the team has dampened demand for tickets 

Thats a good point uncle. 

Make you wonder, if we aren't in this league next year, what system for away tickets will be in place? 

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

So, having been told my ticket has been cancelled and the club refusing to reinstate it after my complaint, a ticket has just arrived in the post ........🤷‍♂️

Has your payment been refunded?? 

Good to see the club admin is a efficient as ever!