Sign in to follow this  
NWC

The missing ingredient?

What's missing most from our play has to be the lack of creativity.

We are never going to score more goals without better creativity.

We are missing Todd Cantwell.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man - Todd Cantwell can reignite our spark and revive our fortunes.

Play him behind Pukki, let him carry, let him run, let him create. Todd has done it before and will do it again.

CANTWELL IN!!! (When available for selection!)

• Like 4

I would say another DM enforcer is what we are lacking. Norman plus ANother which would then allow our creative players, Cantwell, Tzolis, Rashicha and co to do their business.

We are losing the midfield battle every game. Until we can stamp our authority on games we will continue to struggle. Oh for Olly Skipp to return.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You forgot no 4.

4) the ability to ban fans that only see negatives

I am not entirely convinced my voice on a largely ignored forum has any impact on the team performance 

more realistic than the nonsense you spout especially as you don’t even bother going to the games. At least I take the time , money and effort to go

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You forgot no 4.

4) the ability to ban fans that only see negatives

Yes all dissident voices must be crushed. Banned to the gulags. Only positivity for the dear leader(s). 

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am not entirely convinced my voice on a largely ignored forum has any impact on the team performance 

more realistic than the nonsense you spout especially as you don’t even bother going to the games. At least I take the time , money and effort to go

Are you going on Saturday?  I wasn't going to go to any this season because of covid, but being so near, I've got a ticket for this one, so could meet you there.....if you're going......

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Are you going on Saturday?  I wasn't going to go to any this season because of covid, but being so near, I've got a ticket for this one, so could meet you there.....if you're going......

Just think, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship…

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I will be there! 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We've certainly missed Cantwell.

He has a quality about him, for sure, but would he have made the difference? I'm not sure. The problem is across the squad imo - they all need to find their feet as a unit and imo if there is a missing ingredient it is confidence - and that can only be got by ultra hard work and fighting for that first elusive point(s) - and once got, then we will start to see the best of them.

Just now, lake district canary said:

He has a quality about him, for sure, but would he have made the difference? I'm not sure. The problem is across the squad imo - they all need to find their feet as a unit and imo if there is a missing ingredient it is confidence - and that can only be got by ultra hard work and fighting for that first elusive point(s) - and once got, then we will start to see the best of them.

Im not sure he would have made the difference in our recent games in all honesty - although the Arsenal match would have suited him from the start in my opinion.

The way we've conceded goals has kind of meant the other end has almost been irrelevant; but Cantwell has proven quality at Premier League level and that experience in itself would be useful right now

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Match report please. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I would say another DM enforcer is what we are lacking. Norman plus ANother which would then allow our creative players, Cantwell, Tzolis, Rashicha and co to do their business.

We are losing the midfield battle every game. Until we can stamp our authority on games we will continue to struggle. Oh for Olly Skipp to return.

I agree, but, I still believe/hope/think Sorenson could fill a place in a certain set up. 4-3-3 isn't secure enough in the midfield (we are overrun). Solidify the back and just let cantwell/dowell feed the front 3....

After reading this:-

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-josh-sargent-usmnt-daniel-farke-praise-8366840

I'm pretty sure that Farke see's Pukki and Sargent up top, so 3-5-2 would be the default option?

That means out of Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell and Dowell the chances are going to be slim.  At least in regards to Starting 11.

Aarons inability to push forwards this season, I'd have Dimi and Williams as our wingbacks to add some more push out wide.  That kinda leaves one creative position in the midfield - to me that's going to be between Cantwell and Tzolis.  Tzolis arguably the longer term option as he's pretty sturdy and doesn't lose possession so easily.  But Cantwell is class, as we know.

Another question as i think this through, where does Rashica fit into a starting 11 plan? As he seems naturally a wider player to me, but Sargent is going to drift out wide in the advanced positions you'd imagine.  Perhaps his role will be later in matches if we have to switch formations?

Of course, Lees-Melou/Gilmour/Normann are all creative players also, so it's not like we're starved of options in the middle - It could quite easily be those 3 plus Pukki/Sargent as our main starters.

Lots of thoughts based on that Sargent article.

35 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I agree, but, I still believe/hope/think Sorenson could fill a place in a certain set up. 4-3-3 isn't secure enough in the midfield (we are overrun). Solidify the back and just let cantwell/dowell feed the front 3....

I also think that Sorensen is someone who could be the fulcrum of the side. I don't know what the issues are that have stopped him appearing as much as most of us would like, but I would like to see him given a go, at least from the bench, at some point and lets see what he can do. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Farke doesn't rate Sorensen? Wasn't even on the bench for Everton. Move on.

I'm glad i'm not the only one saying this. If DF rated him as a cdm, why didn't he play him when Skip was injured last season !! Why would he be deemed not good enough for the championship and suddenly OK for the premier league?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NWC said:

What's missing most from our play has to be the lack of creativity.

We are never going to score more goals without better creativity.

We are missing Todd Cantwell.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man - Todd Cantwell can reignite our spark and revive our fortunes.

Play him behind Pukki, let him carry, let him run, let him create. Todd has done it before and will do it again.

CANTWELL IN!!! (When available for selection!)

I've said this for a few weeks now. So frustrating that he has personal problems but we all get them time to time. Hope he comes back better and stronger 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Take a selfie  of the pair of you  together,  a powerful image of the opposite ends of the spectrum of support. Oops forgot 👍😉😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s totally in midfield- when that doesn’t hold it gets tough both ends of the pitch. Outmuscled every game 

Totally agree. Our midfield is lightweight, lacking pace in the central areas and both lacks in the tackle and the creativity. 

We don’t have anybody to really run the midfield or control the game. Power, pace and ability isn’t at the level required resulting in the defence being heavily over taxed and the attack relying on scraps.

Todd Cantwell isn't the missing ingredient. He's been totally ineffective when played this season. Cantwell has barely delivered without Buendia next to him. He's never been able to turn a game around for us in a time of need. A good player in the right system, but no more. 

The key players we have this season that can positively affect and change games, appear to me to be Tzolis, Normann & Kabak. We need these guys up to speed and playing week in, week out. I think these three should be the spine of the team in front of Krul and behind Pukki.