Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Proof Of Double Jab Will Be Required At The Bridge.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ticket-news-chelsea-v-norwich-city

Please be aware that Chelsea have put in place Covid-19 mitigation measures at Stamford Bridge.

To purchase a ticket for this fixture, all supporters aged 12 or over must provide documentation on the day at the turnstiles that they have had two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine (with the second dose received at least 14 days prior to the match) or proof of a negative lateral flow test that must be carried out within 48 hours of kick-off of the fixture.

To prove you have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine you must supply one of the following at the turnstiles on the day:

• NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App
  • NHS vaccination card (This is the card that was given to you when you received you Covid vaccine)
  • NHS Covid pass letter (This can be requested from the NHS HERE.)
  • A letter from your GP stating that you have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
  • Text message or email from the NHS confirming a negative lateral flow test carried out within 48 hours of the fixture

Failure to produce one of the documents above on the day at the turnstile will result in you not being permitted to enter the stadium and no refund will be given.

If you are medical exempt from the covid 19 vaccine you must produce a letter from your GP on the day at the turnstile confirming you are medically exempt.

Edited by TIL 1010

Not necessarily double jabs,  proof of a negative lateral flow test will suffice. 

To purchase a ticket for this fixture, all supporters aged 12 or over must provide documentation on the day at the turnstiles that they have had two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine (with the second dose received at least 14 days prior to the match) or proof of a negative lateral flow test that must be carried out within 48 hours of kick-off of the fixture.

To prove you have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine you must supply one of the following at the turnstiles on the day:

• NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App
  • NHS vaccination card (This is the card that was given to you when you received you Covid vaccine)
  • NHS Covid pass letter (This can be requested from the NHS HERE.)
  • A letter from your GP stating that you have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
  • Text message or email from the NHS confirming a negative lateral flow test carried out within 48 hours of the fixture

Failure to produce one of the documents above on the day at the turnstile will result in you not being permitted to enter the stadium and no refund will be given.

If you are medical exempt from the covid 19 vaccine you must produce a letter from your GP on the day at the turnstile confirming you are medically exempt

4 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I guess foreign based or foreign vaccinated fans are not welcome (not that I was going)

You'd simply just take a flow test 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You'd simply just take a flow test 

Are they free?

Not that I would be going, but I know a few clubs have a significant foreign fanbase. 

It's not a huge deal, just seems odd I can get in the UK with a  foreign certificate, but not a football ground 

Just now, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Are they free?

Not that I would be going, but I know a few clubs have a significant foreign fanbase. 

It's not a huge deal, just seems odd I can get in the UK with a  foreign certificate, but not a football ground 

Yes they are free - order online or pick up at pharmacys. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

How do you prove that your flow test is negative? Do you have to take the little gizmo to the ground?

In which case, it's bang open for abuse.

Or am I being thick 🤔

I've just read it again, do/will the NHS actually send you an email confirming a negative result?

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

5 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How do you prove that your flow test is negative? Do you have to take the little gizmo to the ground?

In which case, it's bang open for abuse.

Or am I being thick 🤔

I've just read it again, do/will the NHS actually send you an email confirming a negative result?

That's the whole stupidity of it, to get your email clearing you to go, you record the result online but you don't have to prove its negative, you don't even need to do a bloody test, just get the code on the stick and say its negative. 

Not that I'm for one minute suggesting anyone does that, but just pointing out the ludicrousness of it all. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's the whole stupidity of it, to get your email clearing you to go, you record the result online but you don't have to prove its negative, you don't even need to do a bloody test, just get the code on the stick and say its negative. 

Not that I'm for one minute suggesting anyone does that, but just pointing out the ludicrousness of it all. 

That's sort of what I thought 👍

Bloody ridiculous.

All they want is proof of who you are, evidence of your medical history and for you to download an app to track where you've been. It's nothing suspicious, honest. They just want to keep you and others safe.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

28 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

All they want is proof of who you are, evidence of your medical history and for you to download an app to track where you've been. It's nothing suspicious, honest. They just want to keep you and others safe.

We get that, but the flow test is so open to abuse it's almost laughable if it wasn't so serious.

19 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

We get that, but the flow test is so open to abuse it's almost laughable if it wasn't so serious.

The bubonic plague was serious 40-50% of Europe died from it. The death rate for covid is rarely reported, it's always 'number of infections'. If you are under 75 the chance of you dying from covid is less than 3% (and I'm being generous there), and that's if you're one of the 230m (or 1 in 30) people world wide who caught covid.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

4 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The bubonic plague was serious 40-50% of Europe died from it. The death rate for covid is rarely reported, it's always 'number of infections'. If you are under 75 the chance of you dying from covid is less than 3% (and I'm being generous there), and that's if you're one of the 230m (or 1 in 30) people world wide who caught covid.

If it's not killing half of us, It's not worth worrying about. 

If we want perspective, we could equally argue that WW2 killed about 1% of the UK population over 5.5 years, roughly the same rate as covid.

• Like 1

They've had it in place for a couple of weeks, think they had it for the Zenit St Petersburg ECL tie.

It's either double jabbed or negative lateral flow test within 48 hours of entering.

I do 2 LFTs a week for work. Bit of a waste of time in some respects, and get right up my nose.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/about-chelsea/faqs/covid

Edited by Capt. Pants

2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

If it's not killing half of us, It's not worth worrying about. 

If we want perspective, we could equally argue that WW2 killed about 1% of the UK population over 5.5 years, roughly the same rate as covid.

I call straw man.

2 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I call straw man.

To an extent that's true, a straw man argument doesn't engage with the substantive point of the others argument, which I'm not attempting to.

Instead I am simply looking at the hyperbolic historic example you used to justify your point and showing that the same use of historical death rates could be used to justify either a strengthening of measures or a loosening of them.

If you want to make a point, referring to 14th century death rates is probably not a particularly relevant tactic.

18 minutes ago, 1902 said:

To an extent that's true, a straw man argument doesn't engage with the substantive point of the others argument, which I'm not attempting to.

Instead I am simply looking at the hyperbolic historic example you used to justify your point and showing that the same use of historical death rates could be used to justify either a strengthening of measures or a loosening of them.

If you want to make a point, referring to 14th century death rates is probably not a particularly relevant tactic.

OK, I'll go more modern. 1 in 80 of the world population died from the 1918 Spanish flu. So far, according to the W.H.O. 1 in 1641 of the world's population have died from covid. Many of which would have had underlying health issues, like shooting themselves in the head with a shotgun.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

2 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

OK, I'll go more modern. 1 in 80 of the world population died from the 1918 Spanish flu. So far, according to the W.H.O. 1 in 1641 of the world's population have died from covid.

Picking a more modern example doesn't particularly help given our reasonable expectation of a long life in the context of modern medicine.

In 1914 (picked so I don't include WW1 deaths) UK life expectancy was around 51. Do you honestly think making a comparison with that period bares relevance to today? 

Historical examples just don't enliven this debate. Debate covid on its merits versus other cause of deaths within the current era. At least then people can pick the amount of liberty they wish to forgo versus what actually might kill them as an alternative as opposed to what might have killed them 100 years ago.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Picking a more modern example doesn't particularly help given our reasonable expectation of a long life in the context of modern medicine.

In 1914 (picked so I don't include WW1 deaths) UK life expectancy was around 51. Do you honestly think making a comparison with that period bares relevance to today? 

Historical examples just don't enliven this debate. Debate covid on its merits versus other cause of deaths within the current era. At least then people can pick the amount of liberty they wish to forgo versus what actually might kill them as an alternative as opposed to what might have killed them 100 years ago.

I give up gif 2 » GIF Images Download

Putting this into some context, a 42 year old local man, double jabbed weeks ago, feels unwell, tested positive, rushed into hospital, dies next day. No health issues , just caught COVID.

9 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Tbf any seriously  interested  party could get all that info if they could be ar5ed, particularly govt agencies.  Most of us aren't that interesting  to them, fortunately. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Tbf any seriously  interested  party could get all that info if they could be ar5ed, particularly govt agencies.  Most of us aren't that interesting  to them, fortunately. 

They probably get fed up of us on here and turn our trackers off 🤣

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They probably get fed up of us on here and turn our trackers off 🤣

The inference is they are permanently on. If at concerns you just delete the app.

I don't think gov't cares  about Covid anymore and are happy to let it rip providing the NHS aren't overwhelmed. 

Given gov't has also moved back from vaccine passports it is surprising football clubs might insist on them. It's no big deal to comply though.