Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Thanks Lawro

I must admit that I was beginning to lose hope for this season, but now that mouthy tw@ has written us off as having no chance of staying up I have renewed enthusiasm for the remaining games. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As the article suggests Farke needs to pin this up on the dressing room wall. Good idea, let's prove to him (Lawrenson) once and for all that he is wrong.

The guy has never had anything decent to say about Norwich teams. Indeed I think he was once quoted as saying something along the lines of...........'it's an awful place to go'. In his eyes the only places that matters are Liverpool, Manchester and London. Although I suspect that (privately and perhaps increasingly publicly) many Yellows are in agreement with him on the 'absolutely no chance' stance!

Why this guy is still employed for his football opinions I really don't know as he always looks dishevelled, untidy and almost disinterested. If only we could ram the words back down his thick throat it would give me immense satisfaction and perhaps consign him to the dustbin of lazy, ex pros. 

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

10 minutes in 😎

wow Defenders clearing the ball ,tackles flying in , wingers taking their man on , some great Football 

• Like 2

"you may as well just relegate them now because they've got no chance of staying up"  not really analysys is it. . Trouble is it influences people, no wonder refs have no problem giving decisions against us. 

He likes Brentford though, Toney is a "proper, proper player" 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

As the article suggests Farke needs to pin this up on the dressing room wall. Good idea, let's prove to him (Lawrenson) once and for all that he is wrong.

We shouldn't need to pin this to the wall, it's the same with Alex C from talk sport, the club should not require any outside motivation to want play some decent football or get 3 points.

4 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

We shouldn't need to pin this to the wall, it's the same with Alex C from talk sport, the club should not require any outside motivation to want play some decent football or get 3 points.

Agreed, this is what annoys me about the so often written "pin it on the dressing room wall" line to motivate the players to prove whoever wrong.

How about getting motivated to win for the fans? Just a thought 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

10 minutes in 😎

The sad thing is I'd forgotten what a good player Mark Barham was before he got injured 😩

• Like 1

Mark Lawrenson. 🤪

I mean, really? people will be paying attention to Garth Crooks or Glenn Hoddle next. The game has totally changed since any of them played or managed. They have as much idea what they're watching as we do. Their opinions are even less valid than ours as they never actually watch us.

9 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

He is correct we are the first ever premier league team to be relegated by end of sept. Now that is some unwanted record 

The most unwanted record here is yours,  I wish you'd change it....you must bore yourself. Genuinely  feel sorry for you now. Sad sad man.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

The most unwanted record here is yours,  I wish you'd change it....you must bore yourself. Genuinely  feel sorry for you now. Sad sad man.

I think that's a touch harsh wcc, without Uncle Fred, none of us would have worked out that a multi- billionaire donor would be quite handy.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

The sad thing is I'd forgotten what a good player Mark Barham was before he got injured 😩

That team is so much better than the present team a real centre half and quality strikers 

I'm all for people having opinions and articulating them, but Lawrenson never seems to be able to back them up or even remain consistent across a single interview.

For example, he talks about the gulf between Premiership and Championship being increasing due to wages and transfer fees (I agree, and a reasonable point), and suggests the teams that come up will have no chance of staying up because of this. Then he talks about Brentford:

“Before you throw Brentford at me, Brentford I think will win a lot of games because of the way they are. 

“They’ve an outstanding manager and the boy up front, Toney, is a proper, proper player. But also they play in a certain way, they know their roles and they are going to win games. 

Does this not completely contradict his previous statement? Brentford haven't spent ridiculous money, but he's saying they will win a lot of games (and presumably stay up) because of their manager and style of play, therefore implying it's not all about money as was stated in his previous statement.

It's just lazy, lazy reasoning and articulation. Why anybody gives pundits like this air-time I have no idea - I guess it generates a bit of chat like on this thread and that's enough these days!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badger said:

I think that's a touch harsh wcc, without Uncle Fred, none of us would have worked out that a multi- billionaire donor would be quite handy.

Freddo likes it harsh. Being a Pachyderm it's the only  way to get through  to him.😇😉👍

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Freddo likes it harsh. Being a Pachyderm it's the only  way to get through  to him.😇😉👍

OK - but don't overdo it - we need his influence to get us a multi-billionaire!

Just now, Badger said:

No problem,  should  this ever happen  ......and work, I hereby pledge not to mess with his posts from the date that the SRCI makes us an established,  competitive  Premier league  side.... until then I'll have my fun with Freddo every now and then. 

No good attacking the pundit if you can't argue with the content.

For a number of years now Norwich City have been compiling a dossier called:

"We don't want to be in the Premier League".

So everything you see and hear flows from that.

45 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

For a number of years now Norwich City have been compiling a dossier called:

"We don't want to be in the Premier League".

And we are not even very good at that, Derby and Forest, Sheff Wed, Cardiff, Birmingham, Swansea and Stoke have all been beating us hands down in that respect. 

Edited by Surfer

18 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

I must admit that I was beginning to lose hope for this season, but now that mouthy tw@ has written us off as having no chance of staying up I have renewed enthusiasm for the remaining games. 🤪

He wrote us off 2 seasons ago too. Just saying 😳

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Half a dozen more trips to his bookies to lump on his wealth for us being relegated by the end of September ..........and he should fit the bill 🤗

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

10 minutes in 😎

Ah the good ol days where we used to beat Liverpool fairly regularly 🙂

23 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He isn't though is he.