Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

Am I the only person in the country who doesn't get Ant and Dec? Their contrived ****ty scripted jokes  that they struggle to read off the autocue, make me want to stick soldering irons in their eyes. Even with soldering irons in their eyes, theyd still be able to see the punchlines coming 20 seconds before they do. They're essentially just Christmas cracker jokes, badly delivered, in irritating Geordie packaging.

Theyre just not remotely funny or entertaining, theyre a pair of talentless chancers who have made a career out of being utterly devoid of actual personality.

The only way I would ever watch them through choice is if there were lions, sharks, snipers or grenades involved. Any combo is fine. I'd be delighted with the quadruple.

Their Santander adverts though? Brilliantly subtle pieces of marketing artistry?

Nah.

btw ... I hate the bast4rds. Well past their sell by date.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kick it off said:

Am I the only person in the country who doesn't get Ant and Dec? Their contrived ****ty scripted jokes  that they struggle to read off the autocue, make me want to stick soldering irons in their eyes. Even with soldering irons in their eyes, theyd still be able to see the punchlines coming 20 seconds before they do. They're essentially just Christmas cracker jokes, badly delivered, in irritating Geordie packaging.

Theyre just not remotely funny or entertaining, theyre a pair of talentless chancers who have made a career out of being utterly devoid of actual personality.

The only way I would ever watch them through choice is if there were lions, sharks, snipers or grenades involved. Any combo is fine. I'd be delighted with the quadruple.

They were ok on byker grove. (Not as cool as Geoff tho) that's about it. I've never been a fan.

Also happy to supply my pet shark to attack them if needed. Even tho she's only little she does get angry!

Edited by The Raptor
  • Like 1

There's a village in Scotland called Dull which is twinned with the town of Boring in Oregon USA.  Yes, really.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Haha 1

I want to get this figure so I can look at it after Norwich games and say to myself. At least I've seen one good ref today!

Screenshot_20221125-091105.png

• Like 2

I don’t know about anyone else, but when I hear the words “Elon Musk” I immediately think of the smell of two large red deer rutting. It’s quite unpleasant, and only marginally less unpleasant than thinking of Elon Musk 🤮🤮🤮

• Haha 1

Quick and easy method to dispose of leftover paint:

If you can't find another use for it, harden the paint using cat litter (yes, really!) and put the tin in your general waste collection - Norfolk County Council website says they will accept it.

Use approx equal parts of cat litter to paint, stir well and it hardens in a few minutes. 

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 19:52, Mr Angry said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but when I hear the words “Elon Musk” I immediately think of the smell of two large red deer rutting. It’s quite unpleasant, and only marginally less unpleasant than thinking of Elon Musk 🤮🤮🤮

Twitter was a massive mistake for him and I think he knew it given the way he tried to pull out.

At the end of the day, he's pretty much the sole reason the car industry is transitioning away from fossil fuels at all. Starlink is also an amazing feat of engineering that's making me money installing the systems, so big thumbs up from me there as well.

And trying to get people to Mars just rocks as far as I'm concerned. I can forgive a lot of personal eccentricity for all of that.

Also, given his dad married his step sister, he deserves a lot of slack for having that sort of weirdness in his life. Can't be easy coming from a background that sounds like the plot of a **** movie.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

As part of the Railway Station's improvements for access by cycle they have installed a cycle lane traffic light that is permanently on red. Being an upstanding citizen I dutifully waited pedestrian crossings went green as well as the traffic lights for Riverside road twice. I gave up, as did the other curious cyclists waiting for it to change, pushed my bike over the pedestrian crossing and made my way. Safe to say I'll not use it again.

It's literally just been put there to say they have improved cycle access when it's actually done the opposite!

Did you know?

Lego is technically the world’s No. 1 tire manufacturer, producing 306 million rubber tires every year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Did you know?

Lego is technically the world’s No. 1 tire manufacturer, producing 306 million rubber tires every year. 

Did you know they also make “ other stuff “ out of rubber ? 

F122B36B-6202-4B54-AE6B-40D3C064A3C1.jpeg

On 07/12/2022 at 18:30, FenwayFrank said:

Why are we having weather warnings purely because we’re getting a frost ?

Woke up to a light dusting of powdery snow here in Norwich.

According to BBC Weather it isn't a weather warning as such.  It's a warning to the NHS to expect increased demand, but as we all know the press never turns down an opportunity to frighten us.  Fear sells.

Edited by benchwarmer

On 06/12/2022 at 17:55, FenwayFrank said:

Americanisms do my head in, particularly “ from the get go”, why not just say from the start ? 

Don’t get me started on jargon at work. A few of my favourites:

- Going forward. What’s wrong with “in the future”?

- Art of the possible. AKA what’s possible

- What good looks like. I.e. good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Did you know they also make “ other stuff “ out of rubber ? 

F122B36B-6202-4B54-AE6B-40D3C064A3C1.jpeg

Nice mittens. 😱🤣

Apples

Before I spend my money. Does aluminium type foil, behind radiators, actually work to reflect heat or is it an urban myth? 

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Before I spend my money. Does aluminium type foil, behind radiators, actually work to reflect heat or is it an urban myth? 

Google suggests yes it does...

Screwfix do a 4mtr roll for £7.99 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Google suggests yes it does...

Screwfix do a 4mtr roll for £7.99 👍

It must work as its been very popular every where near me has sold out. (Except Amazon🤨.)

On 18/02/2022 at 12:29, keelansgrandad said:

Eunice has caused havoc with our washing. If anyone sees a pair of my underpants, last seen at 15000 feet flying towards Norfolk, ETA 4pm, please let me know.

You can't miss them, there are yellow and green stains at the front.

The artist Christo found them and put them to good use:

gettyimages-540681446_wide-08cca74a73977ddbd62b4e2f565ddc9ddf69f00b.jpg?s=1400

9 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Is there actually a New York Police Department Choir? Or are they lying thru song to us?

I believe there’s a NYPD pipe band which is what you see in the video. Useless fact, they had to sing a song together, the only one they all knew was the Mickey Mouse song so they’re singing that 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Why do so many people feel the need to fill up with petrol on Christmas Eve ? Where do they go Christmas day?

Its the same with supermarket shoppers, buying enough for a month (especially bread, milk, bog rolls)...the shops are open on Boxing Day FFS and they'll have a full tank of petrol to get them there. 🤣

Apples

• Like 2

Where's Norwich city council's logic? They seem to want to discourage people from driving into the city by closing roads, making one way systems and having constant roadworks everywhere.

Is it to encourage public transport use? In which case why have they taken away all the bus shelters away so people are standing in the rain all the time?

On 21/12/2022 at 14:41, Mr Apples said:

Its the same with supermarket shoppers, buying enough for a month (especially bread, milk, bog rolls)...the shops are open on Boxing Day FFS and they'll have a full tank of petrol to get them there. 🤣

Apples

Don't forget pensioners choosing to wander aimlessly and slowly round supermarkets on a Sunday. The only day alot of working people have off. WHY FOOLS? WHY!?

• Haha 1