Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Foggo

Tottenham Supporter Group Demand Answers

I see that Spurs official supporters group have demanded answers and a meeting with the board, to discuss the poor start to the season and the direction of the club.

Anyone on here think that would be a good thing for our groups to be doing.

Personally, I think it would help. The board needs to be reminded that we are not happy (maybe the majority are happy... I certainly don't know if the majority are unhappy) with the current performance and direction of travel and that they, as custodians of our club, have a duty to provide improvement and a clear plan to achieve that.

Maybe people think we shouldn't be questioning the board or indeed the plan.

I, and its just my opinion, think that our official supporters groups are scared to criticise, particularly Delia & Webber, as they won't get access or preferential treatment if they do criticise. 

I do know of a couple of example of people being cut off and given less access (and no I will not disclose their identity as it's up to them to make that public, but it is 100% true) just for criticism of the club and its policies.

Whilst there is a lot to be grateful for, I do think there is an unhealthy culture aimed at shutting down any different views or unrest.

OTBC

• Like 1

A fading force, spent too much on the fancy new stadium instead of backing Poch. Pretty much exactly what Arsenal did with there new stadium.

@Kenny Foggo i think you will find it is the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust as opposed to the Tottenham Hotspur supporters club who have 314 branches around the globe.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I see that Spurs official supporters group have demanded answers and a meeting with the board, to discuss the poor start to the season and the direction of the club.

Anyone on here think that would be a good thing for our groups to be doing.

Personally, I think it would help. The board needs to be reminded that we are not happy (maybe the majority are happy... I certainly don't know if the majority are unhappy) with the current performance and direction of travel and that they, as custodians of our club, have a duty to provide improvement and a clear plan to achieve that.

Maybe people think we shouldn't be questioning the board or indeed the plan.

I, and its just my opinion, think that our official supporters groups are scared to criticise, particularly Delia & Webber, as they won't get access or preferential treatment if they do criticise. 

I do know of a couple of example of people being cut off and given less access (and no I will not disclose their identity as it's up to them to make that public, but it is 100% true) just for criticism of the club and its policies.

Whilst there is a lot to be grateful for, I do think there is an unhealthy culture aimed at shutting down any different views or unrest.

OTBC

Delia has everyone from the local Marxist MP through to the press, television and carefully selected fan groups in her pocket.

She IS Norwich City to all intents and purposes and she knows it.

• Haha 1

Three games into this season Spurs were top, Arsenal in the basement with us. Six games into the season Arsenal are above Tottenham we are still on the basement. Funny old game isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Kenny Foggo i think you will find it is the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust as opposed to the Tottenham Hotspur supporters club who have 314 branches around the globe.

I stand corrected

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

At this stage of the season seems a bit silly and precious to me. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

When would be an acceptable time? or is it never? 

51 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Delia has everyone from the local Marxist MP through to the press, television and carefully selected fan groups in her pocket.

She IS Norwich City to all intents and purposes and she knows it.

Ahhh so you are Vince (big or not).

I really wasn't sold on the whole multiple accounts one poster thing, until I saw the Marxist comment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

When would be an acceptable time? or is it never? 

There's lots of times,

For example when Blackpool were owned by an asset stripping rapist who sued one of their fans for commenting on social media.

That would be a good time.

Or when Wimbledon were told they were relocating to Milton Keynes.

Or when Coventry ended up groundless and playing in Northampton because their new owners were so incompetent they failed to do a deal with their own council.

Having a crap six games at the start of a season probably isn't it, especially when it's not clear what it would actually be aiming to achieve. What answer would satisfy? Honestly?

What would we be asking for as a collective group? Some blame the board, some Webber, some Farke, some the state of modern football, some bad luck, some no-one because they believe it will all come good in the end (I'm talking lakey here). A campaign without an aim is futile.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

There's lots of times,

For example when Blackpool were owned by an asset stripping rapist who sued one of their fans for commenting on social media.

Or when Coventry ended up groundless and playing in Northampton because their new owners were so incompetent they failed to do a deal with their own council.

Having a crap six games at the start of a season probably isn't it, especially when it's not clear what it would actually be aiming to achieve. What answer would satisfy? Honestly?

What would we be asking for as a collective group? Some blame the board, some Webber, some Farke, some the state of modern football, some bad luck, some no-one because they believe it will all come good in the end (I'm talking lakey here). A campaign without an aim is futile.

This. There won't be a singular answer that will appease those who are demanding one. Further, the level of placation by the board would be nauseating.

Your examples are excellent with regards to when it would be a relevant to demand answers. Having a bad run of games does not justify demanding a meeting with the board.

Another reason to laugh at them and their Spursey ways every season!😆. At least with us we don’t miss out on things when it looks like we’ll win them, only to therefore bottle it at the final hurdle.

Its “The Spursey Way”.

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

There's lots of times,

Yeah, this.

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

There's lots of times,

…. and Brighton when in 1997 Bellotti sold the ground to pay off debts, but didn’t have a suitable replacement and instead sent the team off to Gillingham, before spending 1999-2011 at a glorified racing track, which was supposed to be temporary.

It was like selling your house without having another one to move into.

Edited by KernowCanary

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

There's lots of times,

And some roll over and want their tummy tickled.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

, and its just my opinion, think that our official supporters groups are scared to criticise, particularly Delia & Webber, as they won't get access or preferential treatment if they do criticise. 

Well yeah, obviously, who do you think gives them the title "official".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Our sanitary wear obsessed supporter trust wouldn’t know a crisis if it bit them on the b@llocks 

You seem to be the only who constantly mentions this subject, the obsession seems to be with you.

41 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You seem to be the only who constantly mentions this subject, the obsession seems to be with you.

Have I ever campaigned for sanitory wear at the carra, did I bring it up with the club, did I triumphantly exclaim it as a major success , no I didn’t 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Have I ever campaigned for sanitory wear at the carra, did I bring it up with the club, did I triumphantly exclaim it as a major success , no I didn’t 

Does that mean the pad only has a right wing?.......

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So it's the Front of the Judean People rather than the Judean Peoples Front then? 

Or is it the Peoples Front of Judea instead?

Their summer was an absolute shambles. They failed to sign their first, second and third choice managers, and ended up with poor ol' Nuno, having been fired from another PL club for bad performance, who was probably their 10th or so choice on their list. Absolutely amazing. Talk about a badly run club, and so publicly strung as well. Glad we have Webber, astute and gets the job done.

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Their summer was an absolute shambles. They failed to sign their first, second and third choice managers, and ended up with poor ol' Nuno, having been fired from another PL club for bad performance, who was probably their 10th or so choice on their list. Absolutely amazing. Talk about a badly run club, and so publicly strung as well. Glad we have Webber, astute and gets the job done.

At least they kept kane.. Not that he wants to  be there

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At least they kept kane.. Not that he wants to  be there

I think that's the only thing that stopped a complete meltdown, that and managing to somehow rope Son into signing a new contract