Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Lager at Carrow Road

There was a sign up at the Watford game apologising for the cans, I believe it's a temporary situation due to a shortage of plastic bottles.

On 28/09/2021 at 20:33, Ken Hairy said:

The one time I watched from one of the boxes, we were given Perroni. 

Were you there as guests of @ricardo ? 🤣

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Were you there as guests of @ricardo ? 🤣

Ricardo of all people wouldn't misspell Peroni

Perroni featuring here and singing the unforgettable Bum Bum Dale Dale

I miss the Yeatmans.

I used to find it oddly enjoyable to be in the concourse with a drink, and just miss a home goal. 

Carling is to lager what masturbation is to sex. Sorta related to the matter in hand, yet totally different. Or it's like shagging in a canoe because it's f**king close to water.

Granted, I'm near as dammit teetotal but my stance on booze is dead simple, namely if it's not brewed in line with the Bavarian Reinheitsgebot, I'm definitely not drinking it, and even then Holsten and Becks would be sorta drank under protest as that's the sort of stuff the Germans export because they have nicer stuff to drink.

Hard to get a really cold Jever anywhere though. That's my tipple of choice.

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Carling is to lager what masturbation is to sex. Sorta related to the matter in hand, yet totally different. Or it's like shagging in a canoe because it's f**king close to water.

Granted, I'm near as dammit teetotal but my stance on booze is dead simple, namely if it's not brewed in line with the Bavarian Reinheitsgebot, I'm definitely not drinking it, and even then Holsten and Becks would be sorta drank under protest as that's the sort of stuff the Germans export because they have nicer stuff to drink.

Hard to get a really cold Jever anywhere though. That's my tipple of choice.

If you want to stick properly to the Reinheitsgebot you should be drinking beer with no yeast 😉

50 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

If you want to stick properly to the Reinheitsgebot you should be drinking beer with no yeast 😉

Not completely, although technically you are absolutely right that yeast isn't mentioned in the Reinheitsgebot (which basically says it should be water, barley and hops to be sold as beer and anything else added to it, such as sugar syrups and such mean you couldn't put "beer" on the label). It was still used in brewing back then though and the likelihood is simply that the brewers of the time simply saw yeast as part of the brewing process rather than an ingredient in it.

Fermentation wasn't really understood fully back in 1516 when the Law was written.

I've never understood why anything should be fizzy and I'm one of the (from this post) rare people who doesn't feel the need to have alcohol at every event they attend. I'm not tee-total, I just think other people seem to be obsessed by drink.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I've never understood why anything should be fizzy and I'm one of the (from this post) rare people who doesn't feel the need to have alcohol at every event they attend. I'm not tee-total, I just think other people seem to be obsessed by drink.

And I've never understood the point of eating non-hallucinogenic mushrooms. Taste is subjective, we don't all have to like the same things.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not completely, although technically you are absolutely right that yeast isn't mentioned in the Reinheitsgebot (which basically says it should be water, barley and hops to be sold as beer and anything else added to it, such as sugar syrups and such mean you couldn't put "beer" on the label). It was still used in brewing back then though and the likelihood is simply that the brewers of the time simply saw yeast as part of the brewing process rather than an ingredient in it.

Fermentation wasn't really understood fully back in 1516 when the Law was written.

They didn’t know yeast existed when it was written that’s why many brewers fermented in open containers, they didn’t know it was wild yeast that fermented beer. I don’t think it was discovered until the mid 1800s when Carlsberg isolated it and used the specific strain to brew his lager where the consistency then came from.

On 30/09/2021 at 16:52, ricardo said:

I missed too many goals drinking before matches😉

5 hours ago, Justin time said:

I saw twice as many after a few.

Bearing in mind our current drought I’d recommend getting p*ssed to the point of oblivion 😀

On 29/09/2021 at 20:49, Dr Greenthumb said:

£4.50 to not get sloshed, you may aswell have a sprite or something 

Sprite's a fiver.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

They didn’t know yeast existed when it was written that’s why many brewers fermented in open containers, they didn’t know it was wild yeast that fermented beer. I don’t think it was discovered until the mid 1800s when Carlsberg isolated it and used the specific strain to brew his lager where the consistency then came from.

Sounds about right. The yeast would be in the product, they just didn't know it by name.

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Can or bottle? 😛 

Paper cup, filled from a 2l bottle bought at Morrisons for 99p on offer after Christmas.  That's what I call marginal  gains.

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Paper cup, filled from a 2l bottle bought at Morrisons for 99p on offer after Christmas.  That's what I call marginal  gains.

Cant beat drinking out of a Christmas themed paper cup, in early March! 

Letting off a lame party popper 🎉 too. 

Sums up the season thus far..... 

OTBC. 

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

More chance of getting drunk off it tbf

More of a 7up man myself, less of a hangover👍😉😇

14 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sounds about right. The yeast would be in the product, they just didn't know it by name.

Out of interest TGS, do you know if they’ve changed the way that Becks is brewed recently? My wife used to drink it as it was the only beer/lager that she didn’t get an allergic reaction to, but now she gets it from that too.

On 28/09/2021 at 20:33, Ken Hairy said:

The one time I watched from one of the boxes, we were given Perroni. 

Did you enjoy it? 

Peroni is the equivalent of carling in Italy. Their cheap accessible lager available from the supermarkets. 

Yet in the UK, people perceive it as a lovely pint and pay the 2nd highest average price per pint for it (after Camden Hells). Funny what marketing can do to people's perceptions and minds 😄