Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Lager at Carrow Road

I missed the first two home games, so don't know if it was a one-off caused by supply changes, but instead of plastic-bottled Carlsberg they were selling Carling out of a can against Watford. This meant the poor bar staff having to open the can, pour it into a plastic container and hand it over.

Has this been the case all season? It must impact on the bar takings as it will massively reduce the amount of people who can be served at half-time.

This is a much more important issue than whether to sack the manager.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I missed the first two home games, so don't know if it was a one-off caused by supply changes, but instead of plastic-bottled Carlsberg they were selling Carling out of a can against Watford. This meant the poor bar staff having to open the can, pour it into a plastic container and hand it over.

Has this been the case all season? It must impact on the bar takings as it will massively reduce the amount of people who can be served at half-time.

How much a can, £4 or more? 

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Could be as a result of the plastic bottle throwing incident. Difficult to use a plastic cup as a missile.

Quite possibly; I had a season ticket in Italy for a few years and beer/Coke was always poured into a cup for this reason. Bottles of water were sold, but had the cap removed.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Quite possibly; I had a season ticket in Italy for a few years and beer/Coke was always poured into a cup for this reason. Bottles of water were sold, but had the cap removed.

They already took the cap off the plastic bottle at Carra Rud, they've been doing that for years.

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

A can of Carling ? Has it really come to this?

Oh yes, mass-produced, fizzy lager is the best for a half-time beverage as you can easily bin off two and still have time for a wee.

At least you could before you had to stand for 2 minutes whilst they poured the cans into cups.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How much a can, £4 or more? 

£4.50 which is an outrageous price in my view.

A quick online search shows 18 cans for £11 at the supermarket. So even at £2 its over 100% profit.

Just now, Greavsy said:

A quick online search shows 18 cans for £11 at the supermarket. So even at £2 its over 100% profit.

Worth every penny to help me endure watching the match.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

£2 is paying for the staffs time to open and pour, I reckon.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

£2 is paying for the staffs time to open and pour, I reckon.

I'd work there if I got paid £2 for every can I opened. 

They struggled to get the hot dog in the roll at a match previously.  Cue for the BK8 comments......

Edited by Greavsy

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Must be buying them in bulk to offer such a bargain. 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

They struggled to get the hot dog in the roll at a match previously.  Cue for the BK8 comments......

Not worth it for some of the **** you have to encounter. One bloke at the Bournemouth game got the right hump because they weren't accepting cash. He tried to tell the poor kid serving that she was obliged to take it because it was legal tender. She had to go and get a manager to tell him the exact same thing. It wasn't until I politely invited him to hurry up and referred to the big queue behind him that he agreed to pay by card. 

Calling Carling lager is an insult, and I don't even like lager.

I live in Belgium nowadays and there is a beer here called Carapils, it costs about 14 cent a can and it is rejected by all but the least discerning alcoholic sat on a train station step.

In a competition, it would best Carling if tried by any human with a nose, taste buds or eyes.

I don't like Carling much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I’m not sure if it works with all drinks but I’ve seen bar staff at gigs get a can, put the container over the top, then just turn the can upside down-it empties in seconds.

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m not sure if it works with all drinks but I’ve seen bar staff at gigs get a can, put the container over the top, then just turn the can upside down-it empties in seconds.

Magician.

Reminds me of the proudest moment of my life. I was in Tenerife on a lads holiday and the DJ asked for a volunteer from England, Scotland and Wales for a competition. And Englishman and Scotsman stepped forward rapidly but no Welsh. Partially inebriated, I said I would enter but only as a representative of Norfolk. The competition involved taking your top off (I still don't understand the relevance), sitting on the bar and sucking an almost full pint glass to your face, before lying down on said bar and polishing off the pint as quickly as you can. Once you let the suction go it disappears into your gob sharpish. Anyway, I only went and won, which triggered not only my party to engage in a "Norfolk, Norfolk, Norfolk" chant but a group from the neighbouring bar to come round and join in, one of whom got in a round of Vodka jellies that he made us snort up our noses. I was a Norfolk hero that night.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How much is a Kit Kat? 

Can you be more specific - 2 or 4 fingers? 

Or the Norfolk version - of 6! 

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

So would I and I'd go to away games, under 23s the lot 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

It used to be that gnats pi$$ dishwater Carlsberg, which on the one and only occasion I watched a match from an executive box was served warm and flat

The one time I watched from one of the boxes, we were given Perroni.