Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Vicente Guaita does his best Tim Krul impresson..

Absolute suicide with the final kick of the game. All he needs to do is get it somewhere a team mate can challenge for it. His team mates and manager must be fuming, I know I am, cost me 4 fantasy points 

What I would do to have that kind of luck in a game this season. Crap kick, slightly streaky through ball on the volley, sits up beautifully for a lob over the keeper.

We would never score a goal from that situation as we wouldn’t have got the ball forward that quickly and certainly not first time. We’d have had to bring it under control and play to a full back who would tear towards the final third before turning back and playing it back where it came from.

Therein lies the difference between championship and premiership - clinical and ruthless, neither of which we are.

Why aren’t we Brighton? (how annoying are these retorts by the way?)

43 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

We would never score a goal from that situation as we wouldn’t have got the ball forward that quickly and certainly not first time.

Well we did kinda the previous week when Normann played a ball over the top first time for Pukki to take and score.  Was a first time lob forwards.  So it's there.. Just need time to become more fluid with it.

21 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Well we did kinda the previous week when Normann played a ball over the top first time for Pukki to take and score.  Was a first time lob forwards.  So it's there.. Just need time to become more fluid with it.

So we did, classic football fan short memoryitis there. Thank you.

12 hours ago, 1902 said:

What I would do to have that kind of luck in a game this season. Crap kick, slightly streaky through ball on the volley, sits up beautifully for a lob over the keeper.

Nothing lucky about that from a Brighton point of view other than the initial poor kick. The pass itself from Veltman was completely overlooked, it was a superb piece of skill. Not easy at all to control volley that ball into an area for the strikers to attack. Maupay also kept extremely composed to finish with the lob. Great goal.