Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Deluded

I have to say what a deluded bunch you are.

Should we call the last 6 games pre season? Palace lost 7 in a row and survived, Bloody VAR again, Mini survival league. We need to cut out mistakes. Once we start scoring we will end up in 11th.

What an embarrassment. Some of you are hanging on to any kind of hope by your last finger nail and must be thinking the football gods will take pity on our poor club and start giving us wins. They won't. We are bottom pointless because we deserve to be.

Any football team in any league that loses 6 straight, can't score and can't defend and has a manager unable to get his players to run through walls in order to get points deserves all they get. NOTHING.

There are no football gods looking in our favour, by deluding yourselves your are just setting yourselves up for more misery. Wake up

• Like 12

Well its one of two things

Everyone was patting themselves on the back less than a month ago about what a great transfer window we'd had, including Farke himself who commended Webber for his work

So either...we did have a good window and these are good players, who are being badly coached

Or..

We didnt have a good window and we've spent a lot of money of substandard players, in which case the recruitment team, headed by Webber are culpable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well its one of two things

Everyone was patting themselves on the back less than a month ago about what a great transfer window we'd had, including Farke himself who commended Webber for his work

So either...we did have a good window and these are good players, who are being badly coached

Or..

We didnt have a good window and we've spent a lot of money of substandard players, in which case the recruitment team, headed by Webber are culpable

Or we probably have had a good window, the players might need more than 2 or 3 games to bed into English football and there’s still every chance that despite having a good window, they might not be good enough to keep us up. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Mullet said:

deluding yourselves your are just setting yourselves up for more misery. Wake up

If, we are delusional, why does it set it up for more misery?

I don't mean to be rude, but you don't seem particularly happy yourself.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Lament, moan, grumble...

What's the point? Why bother supporting a team when you're already consigned to eternal misery after 6 games?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Should we call the last 6 games pre season? Palace lost 7 in a row and survived, Bloody VAR again, Mini survival league. We need to cut out mistakes. Once we start scoring we will end up in 11th.

What an embarrassment. Some of you are hanging on to any kind of hope by your last finger nail and must be thinking the football gods will take pity on our poor club and start giving us wins. They won't. We are bottom pointless because we deserve to be.

Any football team in any league that loses 6 straight, can't score and can't defend and has a manager unable to get his players to run through walls in order to get points deserves all they get. NOTHING.

There are no football gods looking in our favour, by deluding yourselves your are just setting yourselves up for more misery. Wake up

It is still possible we can get something out of these coming 2 games that's not being delusional, that's a fact, we could. If we did then it may well kickstart the whole season. 

Of course we might not and that would be pretty crushing.

Let's get behind the team until then.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Your point being? 

40 minutes ago, Mullet said:

The thing is though Mullet, supporting a team is mostly about having faith. That is what "supporting" actually means!! It is about hope.

The sun will rise tomorrow. We know it's been a sh1*t start. It's not delusional though to carry on supporting. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Or we probably have had a good window, the players might need more than 2 or 3 games to bed into English football and there’s still every chance that despite having a good window, they might not be good enough to keep us up. 

Pfft, like being reasonable and thinking before we type is something we should all do.

Noone seems to have found any form which is disappointing. Kabak and Normann are not fit. Normann is new to England and the Prem (ok I know he was at Brighton but he still has a lot of adjusting to do). Gilmour has been a disappointment, not shown any of the ability that compensated for his slight physique in a Chelsea shirt. Lees-Melou has disappointed as has Rashica, but again both adapting to a new country and league. Williams I think has done well, though plenty disagree. It might be time for Giannoulis to come back in. Krul doesnt seem quite his talismanic self. I dont think Hanley has been as bad as people are making out, but not been great either. Max doesnt seem to be firing on all cylindars yet. Kenny has shown flashes of quality but also flashes of ****ness - see crap free kick, knocked off ball x2 and giving away possession leading to goal. Sargent was great in the Watford game, anonymous against Everton. Pukki somewhat off the boil. Idah flatters to deceive.

Its not reassuring, but there is no reason to be writing the season off after 6 games.

20 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The thing is though Mullet, supporting a team is mostly about having faith. That is what "supporting" actually means!! It is about hope.

The sun will rise tomorrow. We know it's been a sh1*t start. It's not delusional though to carry on supporting. 

I have always been a supporter and always will be, I'm not depressed about it, its just a huge shame to me and I won't delude myself that a poor offensive team will start scoring enough goals or a poor defensive team will suddenly be tight at the back. So far every game has been the same old, same old, its like groundhog day and I promised myself after Watford I won't be going again so someone else can gladly have my seat. I have one wish now and that is we get at least 12 points and avoid being the poorest team in Premier league history

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

F*cking hell. You’d think the world was ending reading the tone of this post. We’re only 6 games in to the season and a lot can change very fast in football.

Look at the turnaround at Arsenal and Spurs these past few weeks. Look at how quickly we turned things around last season after a shaky start. Things feel bleak now but they really can turn in a flash. It’s perfectly possible and dare I say much more likely than losing perpetually until the end of time like you’re getting yourself all worked up at the prospect of.

God forbid any supporters of NCFC trying to find some positives. Its like you missed the most important part of what being a supporter is, didn’t you? You know, the supporting part?

But no, no, no there’s NOTHING to be positive about, there’s NOTHING to hope for from this season and there’s NOTHING to support about this team!!! We must all deride everything about the club’s existence right now and wallow in universal self pity. What else is there to say? 

Seriously, I have to question why you bother? If ‘supporting’ my team would give me so much misery I would genuinely just pack it in. But then maybe you just like getting yourself in a big old twist about it?

I take it you’ll also be shouting at people for clapping, singing and trying to get behind the team the next time we’re at Carrow Road too?

‘HOW DARE ALL OF YOU SUPPORTERS OF NCFC, SUPPORT NCFC….!!’

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

It is still possible we can get something out of these coming 2 games that's not being delusional, that's a fact, we could. If we did then it may well kickstart the whole season. 

Of course we might not and that would be pretty crushing.

Let's get behind the team until then.

Yes that's true, similarly if my mother had mixed in different company I could have married Diana Spencer and she would therefore still be alive today

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

Yes that's true, similarly if my mother had mixed in different company I could have married Diana Spencer and she would therefore still be alive today

Do you have jug ears?

9 minutes ago, robert choice said:

This pitiful fan complacency is what took us down to League 1 not so long back. Don't think the same thing can't happen again.

It was 12 years ago.

12 minutes ago, Mullet said:

She could have married John Spencer ..........then you'd have been snookered 🥳

1 hour ago, Badger said:

You've only gone and made the OP look like an utter twonk 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 well done badger

8 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

F*cking hell. You’d think the world was ending reading the tone of this post. We’re only 6 games in to the season and a lot can change very fast in football.

Look at the turnaround at Arsenal and Spurs these past few weeks. Look at how quickly we turned things around last season after a shaky start. Things feel bleak now but they really can turn in a flash. It’s perfectly possible and dare I say much more likely than losing perpetually until the end of time like you’re getting yourself all worked up at the prospect of.

God forbid any supporters of NCFC trying to find some positives. Its like you missed the most important part of what being a supporter is, didn’t you? You know, the supporting part?

But no, no, no there’s NOTHING to be positive about, there’s NOTHING to hope for from this season and there’s NOTHING to support about this team!!! We must all deride everything about the club’s existence right now and wallow in universal self pity. What else is there to say? 

Seriously, I have to question why you bother? If ‘supporting’ my team would give me so much misery I would genuinely just pack it in. But then maybe you just like getting yourself in a big old twist about it?

I take it you’ll also be shouting at people for clapping, singing and trying to get behind the team the next time we’re at Carrow Road too?

‘HOW DARE ALL OF YOU SUPPORTERS OF NCFC, SUPPORT NCFC….!!’

I'm not suggesting people stop supporting and give up, my post said stop looking for excuses for why we are bottom and pointless. We are in that position because we are not good enough and I haven't derided everything about the club at all so please don't make stuff up

3 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I'm not suggesting people stop supporting and give up, my post said stop looking for excuses for why we are bottom and pointless. We are in that position because we are not good enough and I haven't derided everything about the club at all so please don't make stuff up

...as per my reply

...What isnt good enough?...and who's fault is it??

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Well I thought it would be obvious, If you keep believing that we will become good offensively and defensively and stop making stupid mistakes you are only going to be disappointed.

And I am very happy so no need to worry

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Are you a sh1t haircut or a sh1t fish? 

I'm quite partial to a bit of salt water fly fishing, nothing to do with hair style

14 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Well I thought it would be obvious, If you keep believing that we will become good offensively and defensively and stop making stupid mistakes you are only going to be disappointed.

And I am very happy so no need to worry

There has literally been 2 or 3 people out of 100s on here who have said they believe we will come good.

There have been plenty more hoping we will come good, which is a very different thing and part of the very nature of being a football supporter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...as per my reply

...What isnt good enough?...and who's fault is it??

I think the club deserves credit for the signings and I believe we should be competitive with our squad. The problem has to be the coaching. We are trying to play nice honest football every week instead of running through walls to scrounge as many points as possible.

When the season is over we won't get any plaudits for being nice Norwich we will be slagged off for being soft