Sign in to follow this  
Sussexyellow

Mathias Normann Interview - post Everton

Just watched this mainly to see if he was injured - apparently not.

But given the situation we are in probably the best interview I have watched from any Norwich player, let alone one on loan.

Head not dropping, confident we will turn it round, pleased to be at Norwich, believes in the project. Sounds like a great guy to have in the dressing room, and maybe the leader we need.

Certainly lifted the doom and gloom for me.

Edited by Sussexyellow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That's a really good interview, didn't watch it before. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Shame he's only on loan, he's a significant upgrade on any of our other signings so far. We need others to step up and show the same desire.

Spoke very impressively. Also refreshing to see a Norwich player actually prepared to put their foot through the ball from 25 yards and force the keeper to make decent saves! We'll soon coach that out of him though so don't get too excited.

We have purchase options on both Normann and Kabak. Are permanent deals dependent on u staying up? Would parachute payments (& sales) allo for their purchase anyway? Can we make a deal permanent before the end of the season? 

3 hours ago, Sussexyellow said:

Just watched this mainly to see if he was injured - apparently not.

But given the situation we are in probably the best interview I have watched from any Norwich player, let alone one on loan.

Head not dropping, confident we will turn it round, pleased to be at Norwich, believes in the project. Sounds like a great guy to have in the dressing room, and maybe the leader we need.

Certainly lifted the doom and gloom for me.

After seeing his performance Saturday I'm going to throw this out there and say put him captain for a few games. As you've said he looks a real leader and great guy

• Like 2

Probably the signing I was happiest about, we have needed somebody like him. I agree, looks like captain material to me. We don't exactly have anything to lose do we?

• Like 1

Yup - reckon he’s the business. A lot of time for the way he plays and the way he speaks. Also, I think he’s got a point. We have got good players, but they need time to gel. Yes, I’m worried about the position we’re in and yes I’m worried that this could become a death spiral, but at the same time - despite what the doom-mongers say - pragmatically speaking we are three points shy of where we should be, or where we could expect to be. This isn’t done. 

2 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

We have purchase options on both Normann and Kabak. Are permanent deals dependent on u staying up? Would parachute payments (& sales) allo for their purchase anyway? Can we make a deal permanent before the end of the season? 

He Will stay IF we Will stay in this devision.

If er go down then he Will find a new club.

I read in Norwegian papers that the signing Will be made permanent id we dont go down. This is beaceuse the players did not want to play in the championship

Edited by Olano

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Give him the captains armband, think most would that Grant 'I don't speak to my players' Hanley does not really deserve it anymore

Simply not true. For his faults he has been the only one bar Krul with a vague attempt at organising our players. 

Speaking of Krul, his interview was also very positive.

I’m not sure he’s right that we will be fine, but I believe he believes it and I love that. Krul was similar as well. 

Just need something to go our way, get some belief back. Still hopeful but next two games are tough tests, but so are all at this level.

3 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

After seeing his performance Saturday I'm going to throw this out there and say put him captain for a few games. As you've said he looks a real leader and great guy

Eventually. But a little too soon.

You watch that and then go on Twitter to see people saying 'fArkE hAs lOsT the dReSsinG rOOm'.

Seriously, thank goodness our squad and coaching staff appear to be made of sterner stuff then a section of our fanbase. I tell you what is little ole Norwich; Waving the white flag in September. I still believe the players will get going and can turn this around, and seeing bullish interviews from Normann and Krul makes me more, not less, confident of that.

• Like 2

Great interview. Really impressed with him too. Krul saying the exact same thing. The message is loud and clear but we do need to turn it around very soon... minimum of 4 points from next two games must be the target.