Not really, as I am not versed in how to instigate one.

Would you accept relegation this season if you knew we were assured of promotion from the Chumps again next season?

Yes/No/Don't know.

P.S. I would.

Sheff. Wed., Sheff. Utd., Sunderland, Derby, Forest, Fulham, WBA, Charlton, Stoke, Ipswich etc. etc. all their fans think that they should be Premier League.

There are only twenty vacancies and about ten of those are taken up permanently.

Yo-yoing means getting the best of both worlds. Permanent PL would be better, of course, but that requires dosh that we haven't got.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3

No. Webber stated that NCFC have achieved their status as a top 26, and the next phase was to establish us as  Premiership team

We can't afford to go down again as it's impossible to assure we'd come straight back up again 

If we were assured promotion again next season I would, it’s just I think promotion next season will be a lot harder than it was last season

• Like 2

Depends on the impact of relegation.

It already means losing Normann and Kabak. There’s probably a few others who signed knowing they could go if we get relegated.

We had a huge squad overhaul this summer, if we need another next year because we promised players they could leave, and then another on promotion because we couldn’t attract PL quality in the Champs, it’s difficult to say we would return in a better position than this summer.

So what’s the gain? If we announced a stadium expansion some would moan but at least we’d have something tangible to show for our two relegations.

No - there's a long way to go this season + it's very hard to be promoted.

I'm a long way from giving up - 11 wins gives us a chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

No. Webber stated that NCFC have achieved their status as a top 26, and the next phase was to establish us as  Premiership team

We can't afford to go down again as it's impossible to assure we'd come straight back up again 

The next phase? So if the last phase was 4 seasons,  we should expect  to be established top 17 in next 4? Or is phase 2 shorter or longer  than phase 1. 

Phase 1 was possibly shortened because of unexpected  success in season 2. 

Phase3 should be fun and really can't wait phase 4 and 5

When  we've made it , or not, we'll have to make it all over again, there is no end.

Edited by wcorkcanary

No as it’s becoming a case of what’s the point? A great season in the Championship followed by utter humiliation in the PL. we were told last time we went down that we would come back stronger. What we’ve seen is far from stronger. 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

No as it’s becoming a case of what’s the point? A great season in the Championship followed by utter humiliation in the PL. we were told last time we went down that we would come back stronger. What we’ve seen is far from stronger. 

So far I can't  disagree.  If by  the end if the Season,  we are still abject ( I do not expect survival) , then yes time to rethink, going down  fighting after a steady improvement through the season would leave me still behind  the project  as I fully accept the road is bumpy. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

So far I can't  disagree.  If by  the end if the Season,  we are still abject ( I do not expect survival) , then yes time to rethink, going down  fighting after a steady improvement through the season would leave me still behind  the project  as I fully accept the road is bumpy. 

Agreed. At the moment it’s hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel but there is a long way to go. I was left feeling this way after our lockdown performances the season before last. Then a blistering Championship winning season playing some of the best football I’ve seen us play renewed optimism that this season would be different, that we would be at the very least competitive. It’s frankly gutting to see us struggle so much when teams we were head and shoulders over are taking to it like a fish to water. If we go down like this I’ve no enthusiasm to repeat the experience again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

No - there's a long way to go this season + it's very hard to be promoted.

I'm a long way from giving up - 11 wins gives us a chance.

Could do with a point at the minute let alone 11 wins 

On paper yes, a guaranteed promotion again next season would continue to improve club finances and move us forward from the dozens of other clubs trying to reach the PL. I would want it to be under a different manager as Farke would have 2 relegations then and massive doubts if he can learn to make this model work in the top tier, giving him a third stab at it would be beyond supportive. 

42 minutes ago, Barking Mad Barclay Boy said:

No. why continue this? You build and get better. This is the problem, fans just accept the cr*p.

Which fans? Not many on here, or social media or Canarycall. Plenty are unhappy.

Not sure how I feel, want DF to take us forward but unsure if he can after 6 defeats.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Which fans? Not many on here, or social media or Canarycall. Plenty are unhappy.

Not sure how I feel, want DF to take us forward but unsure if he can after 6 defeats.

the same fans on here that are not typing NO!

18 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Would you accept relegation this season if you knew we were assured of promotion from the Chumps again next season?

No, I'm not giving up this early, no way.  We've got a great bunch of players.. Maybe a little weak up top.  But we've not seen us in full flow yet.

• Like 1

Not really no, the plan was in place to give it a good go this season, knowing we'd have some money to splash. We were very fortunate to get going after last time in PL and the abysmal run at the end, to bounce back and win the title is an amazing feat, even with keeping the players we had. Getting them back into good form isn't always easy. We shouldn't take that for granted, there's no guarantee's we would get promoted again, especially as a number might not be happy with another season in the Championship, like Aarons, Rashica etc

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Unbelievable.

Hardly, he threw in the towel after  the Liverpool  game, but he was winding up to throw it before  a ball was kicked. 

• Like 1

No. I'm fed up hearing  this '6 defeats = the end of the world' rhetoric - We've had, as far as I'm aware, the toughest opening period of any team in Premier league history (I can't remember any other club ever having played 4 of the previous season's top 5 in their opening 5 fixtures; might have happened but I don't remember it). The Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Leicester games were always going to be defeats - we lost them the second the fixture list came out, and nobody at the club would have been counting on any points from those games. Realistically even if those games had been spaced out through the year, the expectation would be that we would lose them all.
The Watford performance was abysmal and players and manager deserve all the criticism they got from that.
Against Everton we were significantly better and undone by two individual moments of poor decision-making from Kabak and McLean. 

So we've actually lost two 'winnable' games, making definite improvements in the second one. We're only 3-6 points behind where we would have realistically hoped to be at this point in the season and, while things absolutely MUST improve fast and anything other than 4 points from our next two games will genuinely start to look worrying - I really don't think it's panic stations yet. 

There are obviously significant issues, especially in the defence, and I think we need a serious discussion about whether some of the coaching staff are good enough to be working at this level or whether that side of things needs an overhaul. Clearly some players are not premiership quality and completely out of their depth, but - and this is the crucial thing - we have options this year to replace them.  Normann looked like a huge upgrade in the middle and a real battler who is going to do big things for us. The likes of Rupp and McLean will know they're probably on their last chances at this point, if they continue to put in poor performances or make moronic schoolboy errors they know they're likely done because there is genuine competition now for places. Pukki, much as I love him, looks off the pace - as he has since that injury late last season. If he can't get his mojo back fast, I can see him starting on the bench sooner rather than later. Same at the back, Williams hasn't impressed me that much to be honest and I'd be surprised if Giannoulis isn't back in for Burnley - Having learned the lesson of what happens when you give a half-ar$ed performance. 

I do think it's fair to say these next two games are the most important of the season - but writing us off to go down already? No way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1