Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

In 17-18 Palace lost their first 7 in a row..

And they still were able to survive. I mean sure they fired their manager after the losing run and Roy came in and sorted them out and guided them to safety but still

It is possible

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And they still were able to survive. I mean sure they fired their manager after the losing run and Roy came in and sorted them out and guided them to safety but still

Important thing to note is that they didn't actually sack their manager "after the losing run".

They sacked their manager after 5 games.

The 5th game was actually a 1-0 defeat away at Burnley.

Burnley away is our 7th game.

So I'm not sure what you are advocating here, but it sounds like it may be sacking Farke if we lose to Burnley?

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Shhhh!  Don't say it's possible, you'll upset those that have made their minds up!

You missed the bit about sacking their manager and bringing someone in who knew how to survive in the Prem.

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Shhhh!  Don't say it's possible, you'll upset those that have made their minds up!

They sacked the manager to do it, Cambridges argument flies in the face of those opposed to a change 😏

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Didn't Worthy go after a defeat to Burnley?

Pretty sure it was a home defeat to Burnley.  Many supporters had reached the stage by then that they wanted City to lose just to force the change that they knew was needed but which the Board were reluctant to make.

Edited by Naturalcynic

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Evidence based i would suggest but you live on Fantasy Island. That evidence includes the fact that Farke has achieved 5 wins out of 44 games at Premier League level.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Didn't Worthy go after a defeat to Burnley?

4-1 home defeat live on Sky. Poisonous atmosphere and fans Waving red cards at Worthington. Let's hope it doesn't come to that this time around. 

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Pretty sure it was a home defeat to Burnley.  Many supporters had reached the stage by then that they wanted City to lose just to force the change that they knew was needed but which the Board were reluctant to make.

Indeed it was Naturalcynic 4-1 and we are sleepwalking down that road again.

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They sacked the manager to do it, Cambridges argument flies in the face of those opposed to a change 😏

Sacked him after losing to Burnley away as well.

Our next fixture.

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If Farke gets an away win at Burnley I'll start suggesting we give him more time.

It would be only his second away win in the Premier League though, so won't hold my breath.

Burnley are the worst team in the league bar us at the moment and have the worst home record. It's arguably the most winnable fixture of the season for us, although another hot contender for that award was at home v Watford and look how that ended.

I'm not advocating Farke's sacking, it's because of him that we are in the Premier League to face this humiliating run, but if we get turned over by winless Burnley who, having just checked Wikipedia, haven't won at Turf Moor in the league since January, then it's very difficult to see what hope we have under the status quo.

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

4-1 home defeat live on Sky. Poisonous atmosphere and fans Waving red cards at Worthington. Let's hope it doesn't come to that this time around. 

Theres some folk on other threads who apparantly think Farke could withstand losing the first 12-15 games of the season!?

Fortunately there's enough of us around who would let the board know that this would be unnacceptable long before it gets to anything like that

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Evidence based i would suggest but you live on Fantasy Island. That evidence includes the fact that Farke has achieved 5 wins out of 44 games at Premier League level.

No one wants the guy to lose his job as he seems a great bloke & does make players better but he has a 11% win rate in the top flight (as you say 5 out of 44) and scored 28 conceding 91.

For us to survive that has to change and change quickly. I will repeat, I hope he gets us playing, but without a significant turn round surely the club has to act.

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If Farke gets an away win at Burnley I'll start suggesting we give him more time.

It would be only his second away win in the Premier League though, so won't hold my breath.

Obviously, because sacking the manager after the team had finally won a game would be insanity.

However we need a result. If we are still on 0 points this time next week, then that would be that for me.

Not sure how I'd feel after a draw.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No one wants the guy to lose his job as he seems a great bloke & does make players better but he has a 11% win rate in the top flight (as you say 5 out of 44) and scored 28 conceding 91.

For us to survive that has to change and change quickly. I will repeat, I hope he gets us playing, but without a significant turn round surely the club has to act.

I have never wanted a manager to have a change of fortunes like I do now. I like the guy, and still believe he could get us playing good football that also wins games at this level. 

Unfortunately, because it's only a 38 game season versus 46 in the championship, and because of the relative quality of so much if the opposition, we can't wait for things to get up to speed and he does seem to take an age to make his team's work.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Important thing to note is that they didn't actually sack their manager "after the losing run".

They sacked their manager after 5 games.

The 5th game was actually a 1-0 defeat away at Burnley.

Burnley away is our 7th game.

So I'm not sure what you are advocating here, but it sounds like it may be sacking Farke if we lose to Burnley?

I would make that very hard decision if we come away with nothing from the next two! Like others I don't like the fact that we have to part with someone who has been such a servant to the club, but the harsh reality is what it is!
If we just let him at the helm , then the ship will sink imho... If (big IF) we get someone in that has the necessary experience and the knowledge , than it would be the right decision.

I honestly will be surprised if we win a match , we really do look that much worse than anybody else .Pukki Sargent and Idah as our strikers , truly woeful I’m afraid .

48 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I remember that well, almost as toxic as the supporters that went onto the pitch and ripped up their season tickets, only to win League 1 that season.

I think if you remove Watford from the equation our fixtures have been harder than Palace's were that season. Huddersfield, Liverpool, Swansea, Burnley, Southampton.

Watford are also somewhat of a bogey team for us. Shame about Everton though, I thought that was a chance. 

Who knows, it could have all been different if we'd got that draw against Leicester. Farke is not a lucky manager at this level is he, we haven't played well consistently but decisions do seem to roll the wrong way too.

5 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

I remember that well, almost as toxic as the supporters that went onto the pitch and ripped up their season tickets, only to win League 1 that season.

After the Manager had been sacked.

8 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

I think if you remove Watford from the equation our fixtures have been harder than Palace's were that season. Huddersfield, Liverpool, Swansea, Burnley, Southampton.

Watford are also somewhat of a bogey team for us. Shame about Everton though, I thought that was a chance. 

Who knows, it could have all been different if we'd got that draw against Leicester. Farke is not a lucky manager at this level is he, we haven't played well consistently but decisions do seem to roll the wrong way too.

Think this is fair.

16 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

It's not been easy but we have played two injury hit sides in a poor run of form (Leicester / Everton) and a side with huge pressure on it to perform (Arsenal) and not managed a single point. That worries me...

29 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Don't forget the point against Arsenal that we rightfully earned too. That goal should never, ever, ever have stood. Go into that Watford game on the back of two good draws and it could have been a different story.

Edited by canarydan23