Bonzo

Shouldn't we just call those last 6 games a "Pre-season"?

10 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Let's see where we are in a few more games, but I do have a feeling that our losing run will end on Saturday or versus Brighton and the mood might start to change. 

I'm pretty sure we're playing Burnley? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I'm pretty sure we're playing Burnley? 🤔

By that , you either haven't read the post properly ..or you have and by "pretty sure we're playing Burnley" , you mean "are you mad? , we've got not chance" ?

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

By that , you either haven't read the post properly ..or you have and by "pretty sure we're playing Burnley" , you mean "are you mad? , we've got not chance" ?

To be fair i didn't read it you're right I just saw the last paragraph 

4 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Think their problems lie in appointing their 5th choice manager rather than keeping Harry Kane…..

I laid on settee and watched it and only had two less touches of the ball than Kane did in the first half.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

Never need 40pts. Realistically it's more like 35/36. 

12 wins essentially.

Leicester finished higher than Arsenal and Spurs last season, and the season before (19-20).

Both have beat us, so your point is moot 

Lets just go top 10 and have 20 free hits a season.

12 hours ago, Bonzo said:

With the budget so tight and with players not putting us at the top of their list of transfer destinations isn't there a case to cut the manager and his squad some slack particularly with so many late arrivals? 

Half the squad are new players and they haven't played together much have they? 

Is the club going to refund 16% of the cost of a season ticket to all season ticket holders then, if we're considering the first 16% of home games to be part of pre-season? Because the games definitely haven't been sold at pre-season prices.

19 hours ago, The Bunny said:

Why not call the whole season a pre-season for next year’s championship campaign and be done with it? 

Last time in the Prem, we treated the matches after the Covid break pretty much as pre-season.  

On 27/09/2021 at 11:15, Bonzo said:

With the budget so tight and with players not putting us at the top of their list of transfer destinations isn't there a case to cut the manager and his squad some slack particularly with so many late arrivals? 

Half the squad are new players and they haven't played together much have they? 

No not really. We were effectively promoted in May so that's an adequate amount of time to get the first team squad in place before the season started. Pretty much a level playing field and Brentford had to wait until the play-offs yet still managed to grab one of our targets.

We've started badly, now's the time to rectify it or make changes. Plenty of time/matches left to turn this around.

Well done for not mentioning Covid or a couple of pre season matches being cancelled though.

We can't discount any league games where points are on the table. The missed point against Leicester for example could be the difference between survival and not come the end of the season. Fine margins. Giving 3 points to Watford as well is just awful form. If you can't win for the love of god, don't lose to your direct rivals. 

18 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Both have beat us, so your point is moot 

Lets just go top 10 and have 20 free hits a season.

Not at all. I was making the point that if you think Arsenal are a difficult team to beat, then you have to also consider Leicester a difficult team to beat. You could argue Arsenal are easier, but that is not the argument being made here. So there is nothing moot about it other than your response.

Edited by chicken