Sign in to follow this  
goldfishandgravel

Norwich are improving, bought well and will finish mid table

From what I've seen of the extended highlights (and listened on the radio), Norwich are definitely improving, the new players do look good, especially Normann. I think in one or two games they will find that missing gel (missing goals, assists) and we will beat a team by scoring 3 or 4 goals. (I think against Burnley)

Once those first goals go flying into the opponents net, I think all will be ok, and will finish 11th. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I hate it when things get so doom and gloom that the trolls go the other way and start being ultra positive. That's when you know you're f*cked.

😂

Not a troll, and maybe they won't finish mid table but I think they'll stay up, some of the new players do look very good- and they've only played, what like 2 or 3 games? Normann, and I think Kabak will improve. 

• Haha 1

Watched a couple of highlight clips and listened to the radio....... This has to be a joke

In other news, the Taliban are going to appoint Germaine Greer as the new leader of Afghanistan.

Been in the sun too long ,blow to head or some form of delirium. What next ? suggesting City winning at Crystal Palace !

Edited by MORDENCANARY

I'll pop back here after the Burnley game because I can feel something in the air. 

Normann does look like a good PL player

Kabak and therefore the defence will improve

2 things I don't think anyone could disagree with. 

• Like 1

We won't finish 11 unless we have a complete turnaround in ability and form. The only game we've been in this season in the league was Leicester, we have barely turned up at the others

1 hour ago, goldfishandgravel said:

From what I've seen of the extended highlights (and listened on the radio), Norwich are definitely improving, the new players do look good, especially Normann. I think in one or two games they will find that missing gel (missing goals, assists) and we will beat a team by scoring 3 or 4 goals. (I think against Burnley)

Once those first goals go flying into the opponents net, I think all will be ok, and will finish 11th. 

11th! Top 4 mate. 

Saying "we're staying up" is no worse than saying "we're going down" which is what the doom mongers say. It's just the other side of the coin.  I'm all for positivity like the op's - being positive and up for the fight is much more uplifting than all the wails and screeches of those that want to wallow in self-pity about our recent results.

We are at the races, we are improving, the goals we concede are often by silly mistakes, not by being beaten by skill - and with the new players starting to get into their stride, there is every reason to be optimistic we can improve and tip the balance. 

Saturday we were beaten by a VAR official who should have kept his nose out of what the referee saw and a mistake in midfield that could have been avoided. It's small margins and with hard work and belief, those margins can be tipped in our favour.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Saying "we're staying up" is no worse than saying "we're going down" which is what the doom mongers say. It's just the other side of the coin.  I'm all for positivity like the op's - being positive and up for the fight is much more uplifting than all the wails and screeches of those that want to wallow in self-pity about our recent results.

We are at the races, we are improving, the goals we concede are often by silly mistakes, not by being beaten by skill - and with the new players starting to get into their stride, there is every reason to be optimistic we can improve and tip the balance. 

Saturday we were beaten by a VAR official who should have kept his nose out of what the referee saw and a mistake in midfield that could have been avoided. It's small margins and with hard work and belief, those margins can be tipped in our favour.

I respectfully disagree Lakey or in other words what utter drivel but what should we really expect from you on a Monday morning ?

Edited by TIL 1010

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I respectively disagree Lakey or in other words what utter drivel but what should we really expect from you on a Monday morning ?

Is that retrospectively  or respectfully? 😇😇😉 tbough the second  phrase  rules out respectfully.  

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I respectively disagree Lakey or in other words what utter drivel but what should we really expect from you on a Monday morning ?

Got out the wrong side of the bed this morning?  What is drivel about that post exactly? 

That we competed reasonably well against Everton?  The var official interfering when he shouldn't have?  The mistake McLean made that led to the second goal?  That looking for positives is not a good thing to do? 

Or do you class it as drivel simply because you disagree with it?

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that retrospectively  or respectfully? 😇😇😉 tbough the second  phrase  rules out respectfully.  

Corrected for you .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Got out the wrong side of the bed this morning?  What is drivel about that post exactly? 

That we competed reasonably well against Everton?  The var official interfering when he shouldn't have?  The mistake McLean made that led to the second goal?  That looking for positives is not a good thing to do? 

Or do you class it as drivel simply because you disagree with it?

The drivel is it is the same drivel as what you dish up after every game we lose Lakey and it is therefore getting more and more repetitive as the weeks go by. Fine margins, we are improving, new players getting into their stride, silly mistakes etc.

We are not improving or we would not be continually making these silly mistakes and would be scoring a goal or two now and again. The blame on VAR is another hobby horse of yours.

As for new players does that include Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Mclean or Pukki who started on Saturday and have been the spin of the team for over a season now ? Not forgetting of course other squad players like Idah, Giannoulis,Sorensen, Dowell,Cantwell and Rupp. Blimey even Gunn although a recent signing is no stranger to the club. Yes Zimmermann was injured but he is cemented in the squad.

May i also point out that DCL and Richarlison plus club captain Coleman were missing from the Everton line up.

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Saying "we're staying up" is no worse than saying "we're going down" which is what the doom mongers say.

Except that the evidence from performances this season, our current league position and points total, and the outcome of our last season in the Prem all suggest that the latter is far more likely than the former.

• Like 2

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Except that the evidence from performances this season, our current league position and points total, and the outcome of our last season in the Prem all suggest that the latter is far more likely than the former.

Depends on your point of view, doesn't it.  I would prefer to look at the way the team and season will develop from here, not dwell too much on the past.

47 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Saying "we're staying up" is no worse than saying "we're going down" which is what the doom mongers say. It's just the other side of the coin. 

He's not just saying we'll stay up. He's saying we'll finish mid table, I mean come on even the most optimistic City fan knows that's utter nonsense?. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Depends on your point of view, doesn't it.  I would prefer to look at the way the team and season will develop from here, not dwell too much on the past.

So you prefer to put your faith in complete unknowns rather than clear evidence.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

He's not just saying we'll stay up. He's saying we'll finish mid table, I mean come on even the most optimistic City fan knows that's utter nonsense?. 

Mid table is not so far from the bottom three, is it?  Could be just five or six points above the relegation points tally.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

So you prefer to put your faith in complete unknowns rather than clear evidence.

I prefer to put my focus or faith, or whatever you want to call it, into the possibilities there are for improvement.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I prefer to put my focus or faith, or whatever you want to call it, into the possibilities there are for improvement.

Sure, pretty much anything is possible no matter how unlikely, but most people have a rather more realistic outlook than you.