Sign in to follow this  
goldfishandgravel

Norwich are improving, bought well and will finish mid table

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Mid table is not so far from the bottom three, is it?  Could be just five or six points above the relegation points tally.

So which 7 or 8 clubs do you propose will end the season worse than us? 

I'll give anyone credibility by still maintaining we can avoid the drop, but comfortably in mid table is lunacy.

43 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So which 7 or 8 clubs do you propose will end the season worse than us? 

I'll give anyone credibility by still maintaining we can avoid the drop, but comfortably in mid table is lunacy.

I don't think anyone has suggested we will be "comfortably" in mid table have they?  Anyhow, I don't think it's lunacy at all to think we can finish mid table - it all rather depends on how the season goes.

My opinion is as it always has been - that anything is possible when you have points to play for (96 points at the minute) in a season.  Put a run together and win four or five games at some stage, with a couple of draws thrown in and we will be in the mix with everyone in the bottom half of the table.

The " realism" that people keep going on about is that we have had a bad start and are playing catch up, both in terms of points and getting a new group of mainly young players to grow up quickly and get stuck in to the task ahead of us.  "Realism" actually is that the next game has a potential for points to be won and that we will go all out to get at least one of them.  It's also "realism" to think that is a real possibility.

Here is our premiership form 

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

yet you think we can be positive??! Remarkable

Meanwhile, back in the real world, we are the only club in England or Scotland on zero points. We cannot score from open play and we cannot defend. Our players are easily outmuscled and most sides barely got out of second gear beating us. Neutrals are laughing at us. Or even worse feeling sorry for us. We are the only team to suicidally opt to sell our best player on promotion and despite shelling out millions the new players look short of the required standard. 

Heads would be rolling at any other club in history. Just not little old Norwich whose board are perfectly content being a second tier outfit

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Sure, pretty much anything is possible no matter how unlikely, but most people have a rather more realistic outlook than you.

Realism means different things to different people.   Realism says to some people "we lost the last six games and aren't going to improve" .  Realism to others says "we lost the last six games but we can improve" .

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Here is our premiership form 

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

yet you think we can be positive??! Remarkable

Meanwhile, back in the real world, we are the only club in England or Scotland on zero points. We cannot score from open play and we cannot defend. Our players are easily outmuscled and most sides barely got out of second gear beating us. Neutrals are laughing at us. Or even worse feeling sorry for us. We are the only team to suicidally opt to sell our best player on promotion and despite shelling out millions the new players look short of the required standard. 

Heads would be rolling at any other club in history. Just not little old Norwich whose board are perfectly content being a second tier outfit

I mean, we have scored in open play..

"Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle".......

fish bowl with castle | SandA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Realism means different things to different people.   Realism says to some people "we lost the last six games and aren't going to improve" .  Realism to others says "we lost the last six games but we can improve" .

We could improve if we change the manager soon, but perhaps it won't change anything, there are no guarantees.

Happy to look at optimistic outcomes but would you replace Farke to achieve it? I would.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

We could improve if we change the manager soon, but perhaps it won't change anything, there are no guarantees.

Happy to look at optimistic outcomes but would you replace Farke to achieve it? I would.

Lakey is right we will improve because zero points,  a single goal from open play and minus 14 goal difference means there is a hell of a lot of room to improve.

Will it improve on Farke's 11% win rate in the top flight? Nothing to suggest that will be the case at the moment. Doubt there is a single poster on here that doesn't hope Farke turns it round just the facts and figures are not encouraging.

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Realism to me is that although we might have patchy periods of apparent improvement, based on our history under the current regime we are unlikely to do anywhere near enough to be competitive in this league and are highly likely to go down yet again.

We're only 13 points off 4th. I'm still holding out hope of Champions League football next year.

4 wins on the bounce and we'd be within touching distance.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

3 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

We're only 13 points off 4th. I'm still holding out hope of Champions League football next year.

4 wins on the bounce and we'd be within touching distance.

Assuming the other 19 clubs lose all of their next 4 matches which, despite LDC’s optimism, is of course an impossibility.

10 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Assuming the other 19 clubs lose all of their next 4 matches which, despite LDC’s optimism, is of course an impossibility.

Reality should never get in the way of blind faith. This time next year we'll be playing in the Bernabeu.

5 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Reality should never get in the way of blind faith. This time next year we'll be playing in the Bernabeu.

In a preseason friendly for Real Madrid's U18s

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No. I'm hoping he will stay the four years - and hopefully more.  He is a one off and very few like him.  He doesn't go chasing big money or bigger jobs, when he easily could have, he believes in himself and he plainly believes in the club too. What he has achieved on the pitch in four years is absolutely remarkable - in the most unbelievable of circumstances too and I believe he can turn it round in the PL too.

So some want to change him - for who??  Who has the credentials thhat he has for taking us on in the PL and who also has the credentials for if we go down to get us back up again? 

There is no-one.  We would have to get another untested, untried manager in.  Russell Martin - ha she achieved anything yet?  Robbins? Has he really got the credentials that Farke has?  Any ex PL managers out there who have kept a team up under our circumstances?  Yes - Chris Hughton - and I don't think we would want to go there again.......

I think we should suck it up, take whatever happens this season on the chin, good or bad, develop the squad still further over the next couple of seasons under Farke, cashing in on any of the young ones we can and so able to get more in to develop further - and try again in the PL if we can. We could of course stay up this season with 96 points to play for, so the prospects would be even better. 

You could throw all that away on a vain attempt to stay up, fail and then we'd actually be worse off than if we'd kept the manager we already had. 

I'm biased, I love the guy we have in charge, I think he is fantastic - very little ego about him, fair and honest and is successful against the odds (talking about last season and how he turned round the mentality). He's not without fault, no manager is - but put him in charge of a Man City or Liverpool and I think he would be brilliant there too.  But he's ours and I for one am glad we've got him - he has, imo got the potential to get us up the table and stay there. It's not nice to lose so many games as we have this season, but there is a learning process going on - we need to stick with it. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No. I'm hoping he will stay the four years - and hopefully more.  He is a one off and very few like him.  He doesn't go chasing big money or bigger jobs, when he easily could have, he believes in himself and he plainly believes in the club too. What he has achieved on the pitch in four years is absolutely remarkable - in the most unbelievable of circumstances too and I believe he can turn it round in the PL too.

So some want to change him - for who??  Who has the credentials thhat he has for taking us on in the PL and who also has the credentials for if we go down to get us back up again? 

There is no-one.  We would have to get another untested, untried manager in.  Russell Martin - ha she achieved anything yet?  Robbins? Has he really got the credentials that Farke has?  Any ex PL managers out there who have kept a team up under our circumstances?  Yes - Chris Hughton - and I don't think we would want to go there again.......

I think we should suck it up, take whatever happens this season on the chin, good or bad, develop the squad still further over the next couple of seasons under Farke, cashing in on any of the young ones we can and so able to get more in to develop further - and try again in the PL if we can. We could of course stay up this season with 96 points to play for, so the prospects would be even better. 

You could throw all that away on a vain attempt to stay up, fail and then we'd actually be worse off than if we'd kept the manager we already had. 

I'm biased, I love the guy we have in charge, I think he is fantastic - very little ego about him, fair and honest and is successful against the odds (talking about last season and how he turned round the mentality). He's not without fault, no manager is - but put him in charge of a Man City or Liverpool and I think he would be brilliant there too.  But he's ours and I for one am glad we've got him - he has, imo got the potential to get us up the table and stay there. It's not nice to lose so many games as we have this season, but there is a learning process going on - we need to stick with it. 

sad Archives - Page 16 of 25 - Reaction GIFs

I agree with Lakey. Farke should stay and we have a lot to play for. We've had a cr@p start but the team will start playing football soon. There are far too many on here that are getting far too negative. Let's get behind the team, the manager and the club! 

Also, everyone needs to stop using the last season we were in the Premier league as stats. It's a different situation. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Also, everyone needs to stop using the last season we were in the Premier league as stats. It's a different situation. 

It certainly is a different situation.  After 6 matches we’d scored 9 goals and had 6 points.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

It certainly is a different situation.  After 6 matches we’d scored 9 goals and had 6 points.

Peaked too early 🤣

4 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Yes, it then took until January for us to win another game.

That's realism! 

There is certainly reason to see why people believe we are improving gradually this season, and in actual fact we probably are. BUT.....are we improving at a rate quicker than our relegation rivals. Are they about to find their mojo too. Do they not expect to 'gel very soon' too and can we do all this at a pace fast enough to obtain the points required to survive?

We are a hamstring injury away (to Normann) from being completely gutless and non competitive in midfield. 

Burnley are probably thinking they have hit the jackpot with us turning up there Saturday.

So, the question is. Are we improving at a greater rate than Burnley and enough of an improvement to obtain the required 3 points from a team yet to win this season as well?

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

"Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle"......."Ooh look there's a Castle".......

fish bowl with castle | SandA

Perhaps if certain posters weren’t sat like the proverbial monkeys saying ‘see no castle, hear no castle, speak no castle’  - it wouldn’t have to be pointed out so often. But here we are with one such monkey telling us all is fine and dandy and a mid table finish awaits! Oy look - CASTLE! 

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Perhaps if certain posters weren’t sat like the proverbial monkeys saying ‘see no castle, hear no castle, speak no castle’  - it wouldn’t have to be pointed out so often. But here we are with one such monkey telling us all is fine and dandy and a mid table finish awaits! Oy look - CASTLE! 

We can't all be depressed and miserable all the time! 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nelson_Loves_Andy_Williams.PNG.png.6825598eec7106c9fd80a7d210a7e23d.png

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So am I hoping he stays 4 years, but if we lose our next 2 games then you can rule out a mid table finish. I firmly believe we are better than our results, and our league position, but for some reason it isn't working. Hopefully we'll win both of them, but if we don't then we may have to make changes. Farke is great but I wouldn't take another relegation to keep him. The danger is we don't bounce straight back up, the parachute payments and we end up with the many also rans lurking in the Championship, and below.

Credit where it is due, Lakey really is a resilient poster and his optimism doesn’t dim. The team could do with a little bit more of your backbone Lakey.

All is not lost yet, we are literally 4 points behind and I can remember the first time we got promoted under Farke, we played Preston at home and were dire, somehow we scored twice and then went on a massive run. Not saying it is going to happen here but we’re not done for just yet, however lose the next two and I think that is just too much of a mental hurdle to overcome

Edited by Big O

51 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Some people see a car crash coming and try to help. Others get their phones out and take pictures.

It's clear who is doing what on here.

"Try to help" - I presume you mean by shouting out at how terrible it all is........yes, that's a lot of help......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1