Sign in to follow this  
CANARY BRAVEHEART

STUPID DECISION FROM WORTHINGTON TO DROP HUCKERBY

Following today''s game against Ipswich i am very annoyed about the fact that Huckerby was left out of the side to face Ipswich, Worthington should know better after all he scored against Ipswich at Portman Road. This just outlines how stupid Worthington is. We had no width whatsoever today against Ipswich playing with the 4-3-3 formation. I am absolutely sick of Worthington''s stupid team selection and tactics which is costing us results and our hopes of getting into the play-offs.  

Did you stay for the second half? Huckerby came on and contributed nothing. Sadly he''s a liability now because he plays so predictably. And he came on as sub at Portman Road, so on the face of it the tactic was justifiable. I''m sure he didn''t start today because he was crap against Reading.

What???? He has been poor in recent weeks at home, let alone away. its about time it happend now others might look at themselfs and relise there place is not for granted.

This is a rarity, Old Boy, but I find myself agreeing with you. I think that Hucks is no longer the threat that he was; perhaps the new manager can get him playing again. If not, we''ll have to learn to play without him.

Judging by his second half performance, I think it was fully justified to leave him out. I think a more questionable decision was to bring him on at half time! Defenders know exactly what he''s going to do now and if he isn''t beating people, he doesn''t contribute that much to the side. I think Worthy''s decision to bring on Hucks played more of a part in costing us the game than his decsion to leave him out from the start!

plays so predictably....  I am sorry but all I see is a huckerby incredibly pissed off, like mcveigh whom also didnt try too hard...  add to that hughes who trys and is rubbish and Etuhu whom apparantly touched the ball 9 times of which twice it went to an NCFC player....  add to that hoofing it up to erny!!!  whom was playing with his back to goal...

[quote user="Old Boy"]Did you stay for the second half? Huckerby came on and contributed nothing. Sadly he''s a liability now because he plays so predictably. And he came on as sub at Portman Road, so on the face of it the tactic was justifiable. I''m sure he didn''t start today because he was crap against Reading.[/quote]

Hucks looked  pretty weary  , and well short  of the pace he`s capable of , the  most reasonable  conclusion is that he`s not  rid of this virus  yet ....    its a condition  that can last  months  , years in some cases !       the fact that Nigel held him back until the second half  suggests  that he knew  Hucks was not up to the mark  !

On the subject of who`s played crap ,  why just single Hucks out ?   just about ALL the team played crap against Reading  !!    and ditto  today .....  

have to agree, huckeby was useless, mind you so was a fair few others, we seriously need proper widemen asap, still we have for years, so what''s another six months.

i agree with you he didnt contribute much today but who did? he looks like a few others in that he has given up caring now which is a sad reflection on where this club is going at the moment. too many players are happy to just turn up and get paid, along with an inept manager and his inept coaches