Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile Vrančić is being Vrančić

I love that goal for so many reasons... the best one is that it doesn't even show the best of Vrancic... but despite almost falling over the ball twice he still does the defenders and scores... is it me or is defending dead?

Huckerby would've been proud of that.  The number of times he's fallen over the ball and smashed it into the net.

Great to see Mario playing - let alone scoring. 🙂

Love that goal. I am absolutely certain we underused him. He wasn't the all action figure that Farke likes, which is a reason imo we don't see a lot of Sorensen.  We've had loads of success under DF and believe he will find a way to turn this season round, but not seeing enough of Mario was a criticism.  On his day, a total match winnner. Still good to see him doing well.

10 hours ago, Petriix said:

A vastly better player than any of the signings we made this summer.

Indeed way better, I am staggered just how bad the recruitment has been this season truly awful 

11 hours ago, Petriix said:

A vastly better player than any of the signings we made this summer.

100% not but a good player that was underused here yes

Really pleased his move has worked out for him, a great guy and wonderful player to watch. Think he still had legs for another season with us, but in the end it's probably been a good thing for him

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Vrancic is very good in the championship.

Like the rest of our players.

He also scored in the PL and the pass to set Pukki up for that disallowed goal against spurs was top, top class. Used sparingly,  ever since he arrived, even in the first promotion season where he scored so many vital goals.  Would have loved to have seen more of him in the PL last time out - and we surely wouldn't have done any worse to have had him on the pitch a bit more in those last ten games....

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

He also scored in the PL and the pass to set Pukki up for that disallowed goal against spurs was top, top class. Used sparingly,  ever since he arrived, even in the first promotion season where he scored so many vital goals.  Would have loved to have seen more of him in the PL last time out - and we surely wouldn't have done any worse to have had him on the pitch a bit more in those last ten games....

With you all the way Lakey on this. 

Stoke fans view of him.

He may not be perfect, but watching players like Vrancic is why I pay to get through the turnstiles. If we manage his game time as we get into the business end of the season he could be our X factor player, a really clever out of the box signing.........

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Personally, I think Vrancic would have offered much more than PLM so far this season. 

Exactly. People said that Vrancic was slow but he's Usain Bolt compared to PLM. And his creativity and quality on the ball is easily on a par with anything I've seen from Gilmour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, I don't dispute that. I was one of the few who defended Vrancic on his first arrival; it was clear he had obvious talent but he took a lot of stick when he first arrived. I don't think, however, he would be any sort of a solution to our problems now.

37 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Exactly. People said that Vrancic was slow but he's Usain Bolt compared to PLM. And his creativity and quality on the ball is easily on a par with anything I've seen from Gilmour.

PLM is very different to Vrancic - PLM has been one of the best pressing midfielders we've had this season, although not saying much. He's also not been bad at switching play. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Been really disappointed with PLM. But I guess you get what you get paying £2-3m. Saying that Iwan was rubbish first season so.....

I am confused. The current line of attack on Webber and Farke is that we haven't got enough powerful players and are being bullied off the ball. So the answer is that we should have held onto a talented but lightweight midfielder whose legs are if not totally gone then certainly going?

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am confused. The current line of attack on Webber and Farke is that we haven't got enough powerful players and are being bullied off the ball. So the answer is that we should have held onto a talented but lightweight midfielder whose legs are if not totally gone then certainly going?

Remember when they said Tettey's leg were if not totally gone then certainly going?

Also, you've made a bit of a straw man. I don't think the frustration is that Vrancic was let go, it's that we kept hold of (McLean) or recruited (PLM and Gilmour) players who, on current form at least, offer considerably less to the team than some believe Vrancic would have.

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

100% not but a good player that was underused here yes

Vrancic maybe lightweight at defending but has the attacking ability.

The new players have not shown anything in either defence or attack !

Where did you get this 100% not ? By the amount we paid for the new players ?

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think if his legs are gone - he wouldn't have created half of Stoke's goals !

• Like 1

Love Mario.

that I find odd is that he only played no.10 last season. Seemingly we wanted a more defensive player in the other two roles. Fast forward we now have Gilmour who is less of a 10 than Mario but also incapable of playing in the 2 of a 4231