Pyro Pete

How many defeats can Farke withstand?

I don't want Farke to be sacked. Most of us want to see him turn it around.

But objectively, how many defeats do you think it will take for Farke to be replaced?

If we get hammered by Burnley that’s enough for me if we play better but still lose I can accept potentially up to 10 but that’s the limit for me. By one who can’t get a single point from a quarter of a season really is out of their depth 

If we lose at Burnley and he hasnt gone, surely a defeat at home to Brighton would be it?...nobody could/should survive 8 straight defeats at the start of the season

...I'm not one for tagging 2 seasons worth of stats together, moreso when theyre 2 years apart but the 10 defeats at the end of the last premier league season dont count favourably either but even discounting them ,8 this season is enough alone

I have to say that I don't think Farke is anywhere near the sack. 

I don't even think it will have crossed Webber's mind because Webber sees them as a team with joint accountability. 

I'd go so far as to say that it will take a decision from above them for Farke to go.

And if that decision came, Webber would resign. 

I think Farke may do a Wagner and concede that it's not working and return to the continent at some point.

If not then I think it would take something like 15 to 20 back to back defeats this season for Webber to pull the trigger.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

30 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

If we get hammered by Burnley that’s enough for me if we play better but still lose I can accept potentially up to 10 but that’s the limit for me. By one who can’t get a single point from a quarter of a season really is out of their depth 

Be honest now, with the teams we have played how many points did you think we would have?

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I think Farke may do a Wagner and concede that it's not working and return to the continent at some point.

If not then I think it would take something like 15 to 20 back to back defeats this season for Webber to pull the trigger.

Yep I think it would take something absolutely ridiculous like 0pts from 15 games for them to contemplate it.

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

There's no way fans will stand by and allow anything approaching 15+ straight defeats!!?!....especially off the back of Farke losing his last 10 , two seasons ago, They'd be tearing the place down long before it got to that stage, let alone the poisonous atmosphere inside the stadium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There's no way fans will stand by and allow anything approaching 15+ straight defeats!!?!....especially off the back of Farke losing his last 10 , two seasons ago, They'd be tearing the place down long before it got to that stage, let alone the poisonous atmosphere inside the stadium

Webber will ignore the noise.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Once the crowd has turned, no manager ever survives.

Admittedly that is true. However I've seen little evidence yet to suggest that the stadium is ready to turn on the manager en masse. 

I agree with you that it is going to be a little ugly if we lose to Brighton and go 0 from 8. Lose to Leeds and go 0 from 10 and I can see there being some negative chanting etc. I'm just unconvinced that Webber will really be swayed by all that.

It is going to take a sustained run of really horrendous results and performances for them to even consider it, in my opinion.

And personally, I'm pleased about that.

15 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Be honest now, with the teams we have played how many points did you think we would have?

I would expect us to look like we can compete.  And we don’t.  We’re a national laughing stock.  Get your head out of the sand.    If we’re not competitive in the next couple of games, a change needs to be made. Webber as well as Farke.

Edited by Kingston Yellow

2 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

I would expect us to look like we can compete.  And we don’t.  We’re a national laughing stock.  Get your head out of the sand.    If we’re not competitive in the next couple of games, a change needs to be made. Webber as well as Farke.

You did not answer the question.

2 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Admittedly that is true. However I've seen little evidence yet to suggest that the stadium is ready to turn on the manager en masse. 

I agree with you that it is going to be a little ugly if we lose to Brighton and go 0 from 8. Lose to Leeds and go 0 from 10 and I can see there being some negative chanting etc. I'm just unconvinced that Webber will really be swayed by all that.

It is going to take a sustained run of really horrendous results and performances for them to even consider it, in my opinion.

And personally, I'm pleased about that.

Its too late if it gets to 10+...let alone 15, why would you be happy at that?

Thats a third of the season and barely then worth doing at all.

If we were to make a change it needs to be whilst theres enough of a season left for a new man to retrieve.

It is still is just about now, whilst there are 4 other teams who havent won a game. Someone quoted a stat on a thread last night that the bottom 7 teams had only won 2 games out of 39 between them.

So there's a lot of other catchable teams as it stands...but leave it a couple of games longer, there won't

2 minutes ago, Justin time said:

You did not answer the question.

It wasn’t me you asked a question of.  But do I think 6 games and zero points and negative 12 GD is excusable?  No.  No I don’t.  And nor should you.  

Edited by Kingston Yellow

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

It wasn’t me you asked a question of.  But do I think 6 games and zero points and negative 12 GD is excusable?  No.  No I don’t.  And nor should you.  

But how many points did you expect . It’s not a difficult question .

5 minutes ago, Justin time said:

4 minimum

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Its too late if it gets to 10+...let alone 15, why would you be happy at that?

Thats a third of the season and barely then worth doing at all.

If we were to make a change it needs to be whilst theres enough of a season left for a new man to retrieve.

It is still is just about now, whilst there are 4 other teams who havent won a game. Someone quoted a stat on a thread last night that the bottom 7 teams had only won 2 games out of 39 between them.

So there's a lot of other catchable teams as it stands...but leave it a couple of games longer, there won't

Because I don't believe that sacking managers is a path to long term success. Certainly not for us under this model.

If we aren't good enough I'll be disappointed. But I won't turn against Farke and Webber. They've presided over a considerable improvement in the club's fortunes over the last 5 years.When they came in, just being in the Premier League was a pipe dream.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

4 minimum

That is what I thought as a maximum. So realistically  we are not far behind, that might change drastically , then I would agree but at the moment I think it is still early.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Justin time said:

You’re not too bright Justin are you? If we were actually capable of competing in this league, we ought to have picked up some points from the Leicester / Arsenal / Watford / Everton cluster of games.  Between 3 and 5 points should have been achievable.  

Part of the problem is people like you who are happy with the status quo.

6 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Because I don't believe that sacking managers is a path to long term success. Certainly not for us under this model.

If we aren't good enough I'll be disappointed. But I won't turn against Farke and Webber. They've presided over a considerable improvement in the club's fortunes over the last 5 years.When they came in, just being in the Premier League was a pipe dream.

..but we are in the Premier League NOW ...shouldnt we be fighting tooth and nail and doing everything we can to maintain that?

Even if that means changing the manager?

There's absolutely no guarantee that we can keep thinking we'll come straight back up each time we get relegated because it just might not .

We didnt sack Alex Neil when we should have done in his relegation when the warning signd were there that he wasnt going to keep us up

We left it far too late in sacking Hughton when he was taking us down to have given the next man a fair chance to retrieve it.

Please ,lets not make the same mistake.

I just cant accept that there couldnt be another manager out there that could give us better chance of getting points in this league.

If every club thought there wasnt, no club would ever dismiss their manager

2 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

You’re not too bright Justin are you? If we were actually capable of competing in this league, we ought to have picked up some points from the Leicester / Arsenal / Watford / Everton cluster of games.  Between 3 and 5 points should have been achievable.  

Part of the problem is people like you who are happy with the status quo.

So me being realistic is a problem?

and you are bright! Don’t make me laugh.

Like I've said in other threads, Farke will NOT be sacked. Full stop. There is a world of difference , though, between that and him resigning of his own accord. At all costs I believe he will want to preserve his 'God' like status amongst Yellow fans so will fall on his sword very soon now unless results amazingly improve. He will thus follow the Neil Adams and Peter Grant examples.

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Like I've said in other threads, Farke will NOT be sacked. Full stop. There is a world of difference , though, between that and him resigning of his own accord. At all costs I believe he will want to preserve his 'God' like status amongst Yellow fans so will fall on his sword very soon now unless results amazingly improve. He will thus follow the Neil Adams and Peter Grant examples.

If he leaves my 'mutual consent'...he was sacked