Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Is it normal...

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Wonder which Premier League manager will get the chop first?.....

Well I can tell you who it won’t be…. and rightly so

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Haven't we spent a lot and invested this season?

Sorry KG, I was being lazy (twice).

1. I used your point re relegation sides to make a point of my own - very briefly. I think it gets forgotten by those that think that new owners is the solution. I'm not saying that you  do - I was too lazy to check.

2. I then compounded the error with a lazy reply to your last post. I was not challenging anything in what you said merely using you point to make one of my own and should have said so. I was not challenging you, or even (consciously) engaging you, although I can see why you might think so (and I probably would have done the same, on reflection).

A double dose of laziness - please accept my apologies.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

What a strange thread, a reasonable question met with a bunch of people crowbarring in their own unrelated agendas. 

Cheers. I will ignore the obvious from now on.

The fact that 4 teams hadn't won shows its actually not that unusual. Still feels like we've been let off a bit. Not that it makes a difference unless our form changes.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

The fact that 4 teams hadn't won shows its actually not that unusual. Still feels like we've been let off a bit. Not that it makes a difference unless our form changes.

Let's hope the improvement second half at Everton continues at Burnley..with no personal mistakes.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

What a strange thread, a reasonable question met with a bunch of people crowbarring in their own unrelated agendas. 

In my case, guilty as charged. Apologies 😳. This is quite an interesting point.

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Let's hope the improvement second half at Everton continues at Burnley..with no personal mistakes.

Yeah. Although far be it for me to be more critical than you, it was quite hard to tell if we were improving on merit or if Everton were just really, really dreadful (and still won 2-0)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

Are you new here? 😝😂

And on a totally unrelated note...... When are we playing Spurs? They look worse than us. 

Glass half-empty: 

Fully deserved to lose against Liverpool, Man City & Watford - well beaten. Couldn't muster even a point against an understrength Leicester, Arsenal & Everton. Look generally unthreatening up top and making embarrassing & costly errors which are getting punished. Confidence is rattled and pressure for points is cranking up. 

Glass half-full:

Purple patches in games are getting longer, attempts at goal are increasing, new players are getting more time to bed in on the training pitch, not getting too many new injuries so far, we have genuine options & flexibility, 3 at the back looked fairly solid against Everton & might help to counterbalance our inferior midfield and lack of a number 10, i.e. play to our strengths with wing-backs.

It might all go pear-shaped but for me, we need to show a bit of patience and back the lads. That elusive first point or three could help steady the ship.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah I was surprised too to be honest. Although last season had some unique circumstances so could be worth checking out a couple of other seasons. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah I was surprised too to be honest. Although last season had some unique circumstances so could be worth checking out a couple of other seasons. 

So to follow up on this, in 19/20 only 2 teams didnt get a win in their first 6 games. 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Given how it isn't unusual for some teams to have a rough start at the start of a PL season and with our mitigating circumstances of having to play Liverpool and Man City in the opening two games, the fact that we could only get some of the players we wanted very late in the transfer window, the interupted pre-season and the difficult matches after the first two, it is not so surprising we have had a bad start.  And to be fair we could have had a point against Leicester, we could have had a bit more luck at Arsenal and  again at Everton.

It's a bad start. We all get that. No arguments there, but really, the way some people latch on to it and try and suck it dry for every bit of wallowing in it as they can is unhealthy.   We all love the club, we all want the best for it, but losing the plot now is the last thing that is needed.  Maybe people could try and put their egos to one side and just accept the situation for what it is, let the manager and players sort it out in training with the new players gradually settling in, dig in deep and just get behind everyone - and we might actually see something happen that we like. 

🙌 🙌 🙌

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes but clearly if we’d never sold Buendia all the bottom 6 sides would’ve won by now 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes but clearly if we’d never sold Buendia all the bottom 6 sides would’ve won by now 

And if Snodgrass had let Ricky take that penalty... 

3 hours ago, Baracouda said:

The Everton game although a defeat has given me some confidence that we can actually defend for 90minutes. Just need to work on the attacking element. 

Burnley (Brighton h - L, Pool a - L, Leeds h - D, Everton a - L, Arsenal h - L, Leicester a - D) 

Leeds (Man utd a - L, Everton h - D, Burnley a - D, Pool h - L, Newcastle a - D, Westham h - L)

Newcastle (Westham h - L, Villa a- L, Southampton h - D, Man Utd a - L, Leeds h - D, Watford a - D)

Southampton (Everton a - L, Man Utd h - D, Newcastle a - D, Westham h - D, Man City a -D, Wolves h - L).

looking at the fixtures so far, think Newcastle are in a world of trouble. 

Whenever I worry about the attitudes of our board etc, I’m just glad we don’t have someone like Mike Ashley in charge.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Sorry KG, I was being lazy (twice).

1. I used your point re relegation sides to make a point of my own - very briefly. I think it gets forgotten by those that think that new owners is the solution. I'm not saying that you  do - I was too lazy to check.

2. I then compounded the error with a lazy reply to your last post. I was not challenging anything in what you said merely using you point to make one of my own and should have said so. I was not challenging you, or even (consciously) engaging you, although I can see why you might think so (and I probably would have done the same, on reflection).

A double dose of laziness - please accept my apologies.

No apology needed.

I am sure we would all prefer if a new ownership with an endless pot of money bought us. No reflection on the current owners who have done a brilliant job. But they bailed us out when the EPL was in its infancy. Now its light years different.

But for some reason(s), a suitable new owner has not been forthcoming. So whatever we might want, for now we work with what we have.

We will be spending a lot on wages this season with all our new sigings and loanees. If we have bought the wrong players, no owner on earth can change that. That will be the responsibility of two others.

Edited by keelansgrandad

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Who said that? You know, other than yourself.

Jesus wept. Tena for men might be a move for you.

Jesus don't have a **** fit at someones comment.