Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Is it normal...

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

At this stage of the season, 6 games in, for 5 teams not to have won a match? 

But I thought it was just Norwich that was ****e and not won a match!!

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Either way it's a blessing  for us on 0 points that we aren't further behind.

That is very true.. I would rather we focused on us though than the opposition. A definite plus though..

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

That is very true.. I would rather we focused on us though than the opposition. A definite plus though..

Every Cloud. 

Oh right i see, so that statistic makes our situation of no wins, only one goal from open play and having conceded a mere 16 goals all the more acceptable ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

It feels unusual for sure. 

I just feel like in other seasons we would have much more heavily punished for our awful start. Id expected us to be a couple wins and possibly a draw away from 17th by now.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Oh right i see, so that statistic makes our situation of no wins, only one goal from open play and having conceded a mere 16 goals all the more acceptable ?

Who said that? You know, other than yourself.

Jesus wept. Tena for men might be a move for you.

Just now, hogesar said:

Who said that? You know, other than yourself.

Jesus wept. Tena for men might be a move for you.

You are a great advocate of stats but obviously only when they suit.

9 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

But I thought it was just Norwich that was ****e and not won a match!!

It's only Norwich who haven't got a point and only scored 1 goal from open play 🤷‍♂️

Seven games lost on the trot from the start of the season before winning is the record, the thing is at this stage we look worse than the Portsmouth and Palace teams who set that joint record.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat that record and sit bottom still on two goals scored and eight defeats.

to have 10th on 9pts also seems very high (11th if Arsenal win). I have been thinking for a few games that this will be one of those 'wacky' seasons where its record low points to avoid relegation. 

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No, not at all, just that if we need  less points to catch up ( if we can) then  that's good thing. Eh Shirley? 

2 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

to have 10th on 9pts also seems very high (11th if Arsenal win). I have been thinking for a few games that this will be one of those 'wacky' seasons where its record low points to avoid relegation. 

Last season that record was set, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s beaten again this season. The relegation battle last season saw none of the relegated pack get any higher than 17th during the course of the season.

I’m just looking at this as a sort of gallows humour every week, would go insane otherwise at how this club’s board are not taking possible survival seriously.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are a great advocate of stats but obviously only when they suit.

I literally asked a question regarding previous seasons. I know having your little agendas on here makes the days go by quicker for you, but if you could give it a rest and let the rest of us have a grown up conversation, thanks!

Just now, king canary said:

Having checked, last season four teams didnt win any of their first 6 games- Burnley, West Brom, Fulham and Sheffield United. 

They were the bottom four that season.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They were the bottom four that season.

Yes, all with investor owners!

The Everton game although a defeat has given me some confidence that we can actually defend for 90minutes. Just need to work on the attacking element. 

Burnley (Brighton h - L, Pool a - L, Leeds h - D, Everton a - L, Arsenal h - L, Leicester a - D) 

Leeds (Man utd a - L, Everton h - D, Burnley a - D, Pool h - L, Newcastle a - D, Westham h - L)

Newcastle (Westham h - L, Villa a- L, Southampton h - D, Man Utd a - L, Leeds h - D, Watford a - D)

Southampton (Everton a - L, Man Utd h - D, Newcastle a - D, Westham h - D, Man City a -D, Wolves h - L).

looking at the fixtures so far, think Newcastle are in a world of trouble. 

Edited by Baracouda

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I literally asked a question regarding previous seasons. I know having your little agendas on here makes the days go by quicker for you, but if you could give it a rest and let the rest of us have a grown up conversation, thanks!

Ah so glad i gave you the opportunity to turn into your usual poster bashing mood and get rather insulting but then again i would expect nothing less. As for leaving you to have a grown up conversation what i posted were facts.

You have your view of me but just take on board i also have one of you and also you have an ignore button if the response to what you post is not acceptable.

Given how it isn't unusual for some teams to have a rough start at the start of a PL season and with our mitigating circumstances of having to play Liverpool and Man City in the opening two games, the fact that we could only get some of the players we wanted very late in the transfer window, the interupted pre-season and the difficult matches after the first two, it is not so surprising we have had a bad start.  And to be fair we could have had a point against Leicester, we could have had a bit more luck at Arsenal and  again at Everton.

It's a bad start. We all get that. No arguments there, but really, the way some people latch on to it and try and suck it dry for every bit of wallowing in it as they can is unhealthy.   We all love the club, we all want the best for it, but losing the plot now is the last thing that is needed.  Maybe people could try and put their egos to one side and just accept the situation for what it is, let the manager and players sort it out in training with the new players gradually settling in, dig in deep and just get behind everyone - and we might actually see something happen that we like. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1