Jump to content
Yellow Green Army

Careful what you wish for!

Recommended Posts

Yes, not the greatest start to the season but really is it that bad. Bad enough to want Farke pushed out the door. Just remember what this man and his team have done for the club and where we are now compared to 4 years ago. I still have faith in the team, the project and more importantly Daniel Farke. We will come good and the results will follow.

 

A small club down the road recently pushed a certain Mick McCarthy out of the door, look how that’s ended. I don’t want that happening to my club. Farke must be given time and deserves time to turn this around. Everybody needs to get behind him and the team. OTBC.


 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He certainly deserves time,  agreed. But the performances need to inspire confidence in both players and fans sooner rather than later.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Yes, not the greatest start to the season but really is it that bad. Bad enough to want Farke pushed out the door. Just remember what this man and his team have done for the club and where we are now compared to 4 years ago. I still have faith in the team, the project and more importantly Daniel Farke. We will come good and the results will follow.

 

A small club down the road recently pushed a certain Mick McCarthy out of the door, look how that’s ended. I don’t want that happening to my club. Farke must be given time and deserves time to turn this around. Everybody needs to get behind him and the team. OTBC.


 

Are you the chap who writes press releases for The Cook by any chance??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Think everyone remembers what the manger has achieved and done that's  what makes it hard to dislike him despite his awful premier league record everyone  wants him to turn things round but can he?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chris bakewell said:

I Think everyone remembers what the manger has achieved and done that's  what makes it hard to dislike him despite his awful premier league record everyone  wants him to turn things round but can he?

Sacking Farke won't provide us with the DM we don't have nor the Buendia replacement. It's a pointless reaction with more long term negatives than positives.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I write this post Arsenal are 3-0 up. Arteta was favourite for the sack a couple of weeks ago (we did help him keep his job!!!) and now could become a hero. The Arsenal fans are loving it! Something has now clicked for them. That's how quick it changes in football!

There are fine margins in elite sport and we (as Norwich fans) have been this position far too many times by calling for Farke and Webber to go and each time they've come up with the answers and then all fans are back on board again! Give Farke more time ffs. At the very very least he deserves it!  A couple of wins and everything will all of a sudden be fine although there's hard work to be done by all at NCFC. As the original poster says 'be careful what you wish for'. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every manager has his day and Farke has had his

i wish he can go out with dignity but it’s going to get bloody I am afraid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will do if we all think short term!!! 6 games...Sky, BBC, VAR, Pundits and The Premier league itself (if you like) all against. We knew it was going to be like that so the last thing we need is our own fans going against us aswell! It's about opinions and I respect that but ffs there's enough evidence from past years to say that there's time to turn things around. Whether you like it or not we are Norwich and we don't have the money. The Leicester success story was nothing short of a miracle so don't quote that one. Portsmouth, Sunderland and others spring to mind. Do wealthy billionaires really care about their clubs?(Leicester apart) I would suggest not as it's been proven. As some of us say...Be very very careful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Yes, not the greatest start to the season but really is it that bad. Bad enough to want Farke pushed out the door. Just remember what this man and his team have done for the club and where we are now compared to 4 years ago. I still have faith in the team, the project and more importantly Daniel Farke. We will come good and the results will follow.

 

A small club down the road recently pushed a certain Mick McCarthy out of the door, look how that’s ended. I don’t want that happening to my club. Farke must be given time and deserves time to turn this around. Everybody needs to get behind him and the team. OTBC.


 

Yes it is that bad....in fact its the worst start after 6 games made by any club in the 29 seasons of the premier league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not feel he should go and yes, it is too early. 

However, yet we again need a plan B. Whilst he was everyone's cup of tea, Jordan Hugill would have relished the clattered a few of those yesterday and probably upset enough for us to get a foot hold in the game.

We could certainly have done with him for our corners, or to win a few headers, a few 50/50s etc etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes it is that bad....in fact its the worst start after 6 games made by any club in the 29 seasons of the premier league

You said it!!! The worst START not finish! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I do not feel he should go and yes, it is too early. 

However, yet we again need a plan B. Whilst he was everyone's cup of tea, Jordan Hugill would have relished the clattered a few of those yesterday and probably upset enough for us to get a foot hold in the game.

We could certainly have done with him for our corners, or to win a few headers, a few 50/50s etc etc. 

If Jordan Hugil is the answer, then all hope truly is gone.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....no, we had that 2 seasons ago...

Going back in time again!!! Ffs be positive. There are no guarantees about the position we're in and it could remain the same but be realistic and show a little patience and be realistic. The only thing I will say is we need to get our transfer business done earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tea total said:

Going back in time again!!! Ffs be positive. There are no guarantees about the position we're in and it could remain the same but be realistic and show a little patience and be realistic. The only thing I will say is we need to get our transfer business done earlier.

How patient?...how many more defeats would you think a manager could survive??....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

How patient?...how many more defeats would you think a manager could survive??....

It's easy to just go by defeats on paper but whether we agree or not the lack of time the players have had to gel has to come into it. If we are getting marooned at the bottom of the league then for the good of the club it'll be sooner rather than later. Not going to give a number but I reckon the patient ones amongst us will know when the time is right for a change 

Edited by tea total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tea total said:

It's easy to just go by defeats on paper but whether we agree or not the lack of time the players have had to gel has to come into it. If we are getting marooned at the bottom of the league then for the good of the club it'll be sooner rather than later. Not going to give a number but I reckon the patient ones amongst us will know when the time is right for a change 

...when its too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the OP's nuclear warning hinges on what happened at Ipswich and Mick McCarthy?

 

Dear oh dear. It seems like the timid lack of confidence of some on here knows no bounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a strange thread. No one is wishing for this, everyone is desperate for him to turn this around. The reality is though that no manager can survive a losing streak the like of which he is a long way down now. If this run extends to 9 or 10 straight defeats then he will be gone. It’s a current results business and he knows this 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unhinged Canary said:

If Jordan Hugil is the answer, then all hope truly is gone.....

He most certainly is not the answer for NCFC.

But what he represents is an option.

A big bruising, no nonsense, battling, heads up, in your face, experienced, battle hardened,  non fancy dan, tud thumpnig, brave, non shirking, hardworking, scrapper fighting alternative in our ranks when we need to hold it up and force the issue against teams bullying us.

'Hope' is actually wandering aimlessly over the hill with toilet paper hanging from his trousers and someone needs to catch him soon. Unless we stand up and face the teams to come with a bit more steel to brace our weak spine, fight for the ball in each box soon then the likes of JH and his style will be required. He would have given the two Liverpool CDs something to think about the other night, rather than the decision on who's turn it was to pick the pocket of which ever city player wandered towards them.

That he is not a fashionable player is understandable. However we, are not a fashionable team and being embarrassed each week is becoming tediously fashionable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

What a strange thread. No one is wishing for this, everyone is desperate for him to turn this around. The reality is though that no manager can survive a losing streak the like of which he is a long way down now. If this run extends to 9 or 10 straight defeats then he will be gone. It’s a current results business and he knows this 

It's just the negativity of some on here! I've been watching on here for ages and so I thought I'd stick my nose in for what it's worth! 6 games...No points! Not exactly the point of no return is it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tea total said:

It's just the negativity of some on here! I've been watching on here for ages and so I thought I'd stick my nose in for what it's worth! 6 games...No points! Not exactly the point of no return is it! 

It’s not just O points is it, it’s a number of things which are frustrating fans and even if we had of fluked a win or draw out of those games I think the feeling would still remain that all is not right. A catalogue of problems has resulted in no points, rather than no points has caused a catalogue of problems. If we play the same way next game and manage a result I will be no more optimistic of our chances personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Son Ova Gunn said:

It’s not just O points is it, it’s a number of things which are frustrating fans and even if we had of fluked a win or draw out of those games I think the feeling would still remain that all is not right. A catalogue of problems has resulted in no points, rather than no points has caused a catalogue of problems. If we play the same way next game and manage a result I will be no more optimistic of our chances personally.

Fair enough. I get that 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes it is that bad....in fact its the worst start after 6 games made by any club in the 29 seasons of the premier league

No it’s not-Palace and Portsmouth both lost their first 7 games-2009/10 & 2017/18. Palace survived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Sacking Farke won't provide us with the DM we don't have nor the Buendia replacement. It's a pointless reaction with more long term negatives than positives.

Let’s not forget the financial package that goes with a sacking. A new manager will want his own team and players that suits his favoured style. Where’s the money coming from.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Yes, not the greatest start to the season but really is it that bad. Bad enough to want Farke pushed out the door. Just remember what this man and his team have done for the club and where we are now compared to 4 years ago. I still have faith in the team, the project and more importantly Daniel Farke. We will come good and the results will follow.

 

A small club down the road recently pushed a certain Mick McCarthy out of the door, look how that’s ended. I don’t want that happening to my club. Farke must be given time and deserves time to turn this around. Everybody needs to get behind him and the team. OTBC.


 

Well said, this is a case of “It’s better the devil you know” right now. If we sack him will we go down and never return again?, or will we become a sustained club in the league?. It’s a huge gamble, look at Arsenal when Wenger left, I bet many Arsenal fans would rather have top 4 every year now instead of mid table obscurity. This relates very much to your Mick McCarthy example.

Farke deserves time, not a rush-panic-button-sacking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No it’s not-Palace and Portsmouth both lost their first 7 games-2009/10 & 2017/18. Palace survived.

QPR took something like 17 games to actually win in 2012-13, that’s a record and one we could break the way it’s going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...