Yellow Green Army

Careful what you wish for!

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Sacking Farke won't provide us with the DM we don't have nor the Buendia replacement. It's a pointless reaction with more long term negatives than positives.

I agree Ricardo, but how many more defeats can he withstand? Defeat at Burnley on Saturday puts enormous pressure on him and the players for Brighton. If we don't get a result there it's Chelsea away and then Leeds.

How many more  defeats can he take? The board and Webber will have to be incredibly brave to continue backing him and I'm not sure after that if it would be the right thing. In the end, I guess it's whether he still carries the players?

1 hour ago, robert choice said:

So the OP's nuclear warning hinges on what happened at Ipswich and Mick McCarthy?

Dear oh dear. It seems like the timid lack of confidence of some on here knows no bounds.

Sore spot for you is it?

1 hour ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Let’s not forget the financial package that goes with a sacking. A new manager will want his own team and players that suits his favoured style. Where’s the money coming from.?

Let's not forget that a new manager might actually turn this around and we get another £100m odd of TV money because of it.

Farke needs points on the board, fast. 

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well it is...after 6 games we have the worst stats in points and goal diff

No-7 defeats in a row is worse than 6.

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No-7 defeats in a row is worse than 6.

What?

We've only played 6 games?

..and after 6 games we statistically have the worst record since the start of the premier league

...after 7 games it might be different...but we havent played 7?

13 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What?

We've only played 6 games?

..and after 6 games we statistically have the worst record since the start of the premier league

...after 7 games it might be different...but we havent played 7?

Ok, sorry, I see you said the first 6 games in the first post-thought you had just said the worst start ever.

For what it’s worth, I recall that we made the worst start ever after 1 game in League One and still got promoted 😄

15 hours ago, Badger said:

I agree Ricardo, but how many more defeats can he withstand? Defeat at Burnley on Saturday puts enormous pressure on him and the players for Brighton. If we don't get a result there it's Chelsea away and then Leeds.

How many more  defeats can he take? The board and Webber will have to be incredibly brave to continue backing him and I'm not sure after that if it would be the right thing. In the end, I guess it's whether he still carries the players?

So if by that stage many customers have decided that in their opinion a change is essential but the Board refuses to act, how should they show their disapproval?

Burnley will be out to bully us again and we have even less strength on the pitch now than we had last time. Wouldn't be surprised if a red card or two might come our way if they start falling over.

Zero chance of scoring against them so best we pack the defence and try for a 0-0 and a point.

14 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

So if by that stage many customers have decided that in their opinion a change is essential but the Board refuses to act, how should they show their disapproval?

The normal thing for customers who do not like a product is to stop buying it.

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Let's not forget that a new manager might actually turn this around and we get another £100m odd of TV money because of it.

Farke needs points on the board, fast. 

Fair point Capt. but who would be a better replacement? I would imagine that the a new manager coming in with PL experience of keeping teams up wouldn't fancy this too much unless the money was significant (Alerdyce-esq). Unfortunately we have limited funds due to much discussed business model, no appetite in gambling on the investment needed and are (and I am sorry to say this as a supporter for 50 years) a small team in the PL scope of things with little to attract the big names. Best replacement would be an up and coming lower div coach with nothing to lose and the potential to run what is looking like a relegated team next year. If that's the case then surely DF is a proven Champs winner and would we any better off with someone else?

26 minutes ago, Badger said:

The normal thing for customers who do not like a product is to stop buying it.

But if they’ve already bought it in advance (i.e season ticket), what would you recommend they do?  Silent protest?  Wave red cards at the Manager?  Hire an aeroplane to fly a banner stating that “We have slight reservations with the current direction of travel”?

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

But if they’ve already bought it in advance (i.e season ticket), what would you recommend they do?  Silent protest?  Wave red cards at the Manager?  Hire an aeroplane to fly a banner stating that “We have slight reservations with the current direction of travel”?

Customers who regret their purchases have to live with the consequences: it is part of growing up. They should have read the terms and conditions - their is no guarantee of victory I'm afraid. If you bought the good with with reasonable expectation that there would be, you might have a legal case - but without being a lawyer, I would advise against.

I am flattered that you are seeking my advice and have seen the error of your earlier ways 👍

15 minutes ago, Badger said:

Customers who regret their purchases have to live with the consequences: it is part of growing up. They should have read the terms and conditions - their is no guarantee of victory I'm afraid. If you bought the good with with reasonable expectation that there would be, you might have a legal case - but without being a lawyer, I would advise against.

I am flattered that you are seeking my advice and have seen the error of your earlier ways 👍

I think that if and when we reach that stage, I, along with many other customers, might find it very difficult not to boo.

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Well, I have posted it here before. Silence , total silence or standing with your back to the playing field when the team takes the field, maybe with a banner. That is one of the most powerful ways to show the ones in the box seats that the end of the line has been reached. I don't want it to get this far , but I think that would be a very powerful way 

No booing , no rioting , etc...