Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Rashica/Cantwell/Tsozilis

If Farke feels that we can only start 1 of these players at a time, have we not wasted £9m on a surplus player that could have made up the difference on the Ajer fee with a good £5m in change? 

Started none of them yesterday.

People talking about how much we've spent in this window, but only Sargent and Lees-Melou from our permanent signings made the starting XI yesterday, is it a damning indictment on the summer transfer business? 

Surely we'd have gone into this season with a clear strategic plan and purchased accordingly, so is it us abandoning that plan or a damning indictment on the quality of the players that were brought in? 

And if Farke continues to leave this talent on the bench, does Webber have a decision to make which is essentially picking between writing off tens of millions of investment in the squad, or seeing if another manager can utilise that talent to our advantage?

We've got fans now saying we should stick with wing backs and 3 at the back. So are they saying that spending £18m on wingers was a bad decision? Got one chap saying we should stick with wing backs, and on the same day saying Tzolis can be a £50m player, think he's going to develop being stuck on the bench because his position doesn't exist in our first team? That's joined up thinking isn't it. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

For a couple of seasons now Farke has been accused of not having a plan B, maybe these three players are now just that. If three at the back is the way we are going then surely it makes sense to have players on the bench that we can utilise and change the system when needed. Fans called for a plan B,  then question when we have just that.

• Like 2

Good grief, is there no end to finding fault?  Farke is of course juggling resources to try and make us hard to beat and at the same time to get the young players up to speed and confidence so that when they do play, that they do well.  Have we not learned that Farke is brilliant with young players and getting the best out of them?  Just seems like some people just want to bash, bash, bash, all the time.

I couldn't agree more. We should be playing 3 AMs in every game. CM is certainly where we have the least game-changing ability so it's baffling that we're leaving the firepower on the bench and playing the dross.

With more attackers, they create space for each other so they individually become more effective. We're shooting ourselves in the foot persevering with 3 in midfield.

No point to these threads at the minute… get behind the team….. He can only pick 11 players and at the moment priority has to be keeping a clean sheet!!!   

Stop putting pressure on Farke and he may be able to think straighter!   

We need to help build confidence (these threads don’t help at all) then build on that and integrate the newer lads.    Tzolis is 19, in a strange environment and a brutal league… add in a team struggling with confidence and of course he isn’t ready, won’t be for a long time!   Anyone expecting otherwise should look at the Liverpool game last week… he needs time. 

Farke is proven at getting the most from the youngsters…. But until we have two players in the squad with the attributes of The Skipp’s, Ndidi’s, Doucoure’s, we won’t be competitive enough to get the most from your Cantwell’s, Tzolis’s and Rashica’s.     it’s that simple.    

Like it or not, this needs another rebuild.   Need to get behind it since the players and Daniel are clearly just starting out on the process again!    Change in personnel  isn’t an option. 

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Stop putting pressure on Farke and he may be able to think straighter!   

Do you think Farke is reading these thread?!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

Do you think Farke is reading these thread?!

I don’t expect so for a moment but he and the club know the fans feelings through these forums and cumulatively, I do think he is aware.    
Be good if we just got behind them right now!   

As you asked me a question, mind if I ask one back?     Have you anything constructive in response to what I wrote? 

• Like 1

Rashica was recovering from and injury and Cantwell was out. Tzolis is one for the future. They're not wingers in the traditional sense, wing backs are closer to the old Jimmy Neighbour type. 

Signing three strikers was excessive, I would have preferred that we didn't sign Sargent, kept Hughill and bought Ajer. The new signings need to justify their inclusion pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

As bad as the defenders are at present we are just as bad up front. £20m worth of talent not starting is very strange. 

Could have been worse , we could have spent £38 million on one player and left him on the bench for 80 mins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Rashica was recovering from and injury and Cantwell was out. Tzolis is one for the future. They're not wingers in the traditional sense, wing backs are closer to the old Jimmy Neighbour type. 

Signing three strikers was excessive, I would have preferred that we didn't sign Sargent, kept Hughill and bought Ajer. The new signings need to justify their inclusion pretty quickly. 

From what I’ve seen I still think Cantwell is the biggest natural talent we have. Hopefully he will be back next week and we can find a way to include him. Norman did seem to be creating chances ( and taking them) yesterday. I think we need to remember that we do need some depth at this level. 

What is with everyone keep banging on about ajer and how we shouldve signed him. Do we honestly think he would improve our back 4 that much? Like people still hung up on buendia leaving. Get over it. Move on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief, is there no end to finding fault?  Farke is of course juggling resources to try and make us hard to beat and at the same time to get the young players up to speed and confidence so that when they do play, that they do well.  Have we not learned that Farke is brilliant with young players and getting the best out of them?  Just seems like some people just want to bash, bash, bash, all the time.

Perhaps Farke would be best placed as a Youth Team manager at a top club… (or a coach), rather than a first team manager / coach at a Premier League Club?!

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Could have been worse , we could have spent £38 million on one player and left him on the bench for 80 mins.

Poor old Emi, bet he’s still cross with himself for going to a very ambitious club. 

8 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

What is with everyone keep banging on about ajer and how we shouldve signed him. Do we honestly think he would improve our back 4 that much? Like people still hung up on buendia leaving. Get over it. Move on

He would have improved the defence because he was fit at the start of the season. I think we wrote off the first few games too easily and it has cost us dearly. 

Unfortunately it has also set up Brentford as a comparison. In the past if we have really wanted a player we would have done all we can. If we thought Ajer was only worth 10M, why would we want to buy him? 

Anyway Kabak could turn out better in the long run, let's wait and see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Make us hard to beat! That’s going well. 

25 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Those criticisms people made at the time of Emi going where shot down and we were told ‘just wait and see what they do with they money’ ‘it will make us stronger’. Now when can see that the money has not made the first 11 better and that so far the choice (yes I said choice) to cash in looks terrible we are told, get over it, water under the bridge now. Excatly when are we allowed to criticise the club for one of the worst decisions in memory.. let me guess, never?

We have a worse first 11 than last season in my opinion. 2 of the top 3 players of the season have gone and the other is incapable of playing at this level which everyone knew before the ball was kicked. 

every single Norwich fan before the season started knew we needed a new CB and a top quality CDM. Kabak I’ll give some time too but the failure to replace skipp with as good or better is damming 

19 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Those criticisms people made at the time of Emi going where shot down and we were told ‘just wait and see what they do with they money’ ‘it will make us stronger’. Now when can see that the money has not made the first 11 better and that so far the choice (yes I said choice) to cash in looks terrible we are told, get over it, water under the bridge now. Excatly when are we allowed to criticise the club for one of the worst decisions in memory.. let me guess, never?

Didn't say people can't criticise, just boring now. It's nearly 4 months ago, we can all see what's happened. Nearly every thread it's 'oh if we had emi' we don't have him anymore. Ffs move on

53 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We have a worse first 11 than last season in my opinion. 

That's the thing I don't think it is, as soon as a manager, be it Farke or A.N.Other realises we just simply can't play the way we could in the Championship so sooner we'll get some wins on the table. Our problem this season is 100% tactical. Whether Farke gets that or not will determine either his own future or ours in the division

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

Perhaps Farke would be best placed as a Youth Team manager at a top club… (or a coach), rather than a first team manager / coach at a Premier League Club?!

Or he could be a first team head coach at championship level because he's won two titles there..

Maybe. But perhaps a good championship manager is equal to a PL coach?! There are many examples of this. 

Bottom line is Farke is not very good in PL. Am I wrong?

Edited by yellow_belly

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's the thing I don't think it is, as soon as a manager, be it Farke or A.N.Other realises we just simply can't play the way we could in the Championship so sooner we'll get some wins on the table. Our problem this season is 100% tactical. Whether Farke gets that or not will determine either his own future or ours in the division

We haven’t played the way we did in the Championship we played 4-2-3-1 and haven’t played a single game in that formation this season. 

What we should be doing is playing the way we DID play in the championship just with upgraded players 

23 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We haven’t played the way we did in the Championship we played 4-2-3-1 and haven’t played a single game in that formation this season. 

What we should be doing is playing the way we DID play in the championship just with upgraded players 

I'm not talking formation I'm talking the tippy tapping playing it out from the back on EVERY occasion. We win this way in the Championship as we're better than most teams so can blow them away on the counter. We lose every game in the Premier as we're not one of the better sides, we therefore have to find another way, and no that doesn't have to be route 1 before anyone says it.

• Like 1

Cantwell is a bit of an enigma. He could possibly make a decent premiership player but at present his performance and by the looks of things his mindset is miles away from that. 

As for Rashica and Tsozilis. Has anyone seen anything so far to say they are currently premiership quality players ready to turn in performances good enough week in week out? 

I haven’t!

Cantwell"…………….what is going on?

For personal reasons not playing, can mean anything and everything.

Has he thrown his toys out of the pram again, is it a health issue. 
if it was an injury I’m sure the club would tell us that very quickly.

I could be that the thought he was better than he was, and expected several club to come after him.

But in our current situation we need all hands on deck. Frankly so far none of the new boys seem anywhere near Todd’s level.

Or do we have no right to know?

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not talking formation I'm talking the tippy tapping playing it out from the back on EVERY occasion. We win this way in the Championship as we're better than most teams so can blow them away on the counter. We lose every game in the Premier as we're not one of the better sides, we therefore have to find another way, and no that doesn't have to be route 1 before anyone says it.

Hearing the Brentford manger after the Liverpool game made perfect sense. He said they were facing one of the best pressing teams in the world so had to adapt their game plan to a more direct style than they would prefer. 3 goals and numerous chances as a result. We on the other hand had not one but two goes at that team and played the same ‘if I lose possession I will be fined and dropped’ mentality resulting in the obvious backwards pass to retain possession. Marking space and playing to feet is the same plan just in different formations, try reversing that for a start

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Team's aren't having to try hard atm lol

The difficulty imo, is by playing a 3-5-2 Farke's trying to tighten up at the back, but it's at the expense of real attacking content at the other end.

I'm for a 4-2-3-1, which would/could include Rash/Cantwell/Tzol up front behind Pukki/Sargent, but I'm not sure we're solid enough at the back to play this.

Also not sure who's best to partner Normann. Not sure it's Gilmour (can't really see where he fits in this season) or Mclean, and for more solidity I'd go Rupp (can't believe I'm saying it) or Sorenson to protect the back 4. Back 4 could really be any of our lot.

Are we solid enough to play 4-3-3 to stifle conceding goals?  

25 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Hearing the Brentford manger after the Liverpool game made perfect sense. He said they were facing one of the best pressing teams in the world so had to adapt their game plan to a more direct style than they would prefer. 3 goals and numerous chances as a result. We on the other hand had not one but two goes at that team and played the same ‘if I lose possession I will be fined and dropped’ mentality resulting in the obvious backwards pass to retain possession. Marking space and playing to feet is the same plan just in different formations, try reversing that for a start

Out of reactions, but this is 100% bang on the money, and will be why Brentford will (and are) adapt to this league better than us, despite it being their first go at it.