Having watched last 3 games albeit on TV it seems to me we do not get our fair share of 50.50 contests, we mainly lose out on one to one's,  I know we have good technical players but we lack physical presence and strength. Not sure how Daniel fixes these problems.

9 minutes ago, bernardrallison@btinternet said:

Having watched last 3 games albeit on TV it seems to me we do not get our fair share of 50.50 contests, we mainly lose out on one to one's,  I know we have good technical players but we lack physical presence and strength. Not sure how Daniel fixes these problems.

I pointed this problem out early on in our last Prem season, was utterly crucified by happy clappers who claimed I was talking nonsense, and now many of those people have woken up and smelt the coffee. Only a few clueless zombies are still banging the old 'project' drum.

We failed to land Ajer and Billing as we weren't prepared to meet the asking prices, and loaned Normann and Kabak instead. Time will tell if this was a good decision or not, looks like there is a good chance that Ajer and Billing will be Premier League players next season, while we will be in the Championship with both loanees returning to their parent clubs.

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I pointed this problem out early on in our last Prem season, was utterly crucified by happy clappers who claimed I was talking nonsense, and now many of those people have woken up and smelt the coffee. Only a few clueless zombies are still banging the old 'project' drum.

We failed to land Ajer and Billing as we weren't prepared to meet the asking prices, and loaned Normann and Kabak instead. Time will tell if this was a good decision or not, looks like there is a good chance that Ajer and Billing will be Premier League players next season, while we will be in the Championship with both loanees returning to their parent clubs.

Yes a few of us pointed out the lack of physicality- the need to replace skipp and Tettey, the fact we looked like boys against men lAst time round and Webber sounded like he would sort it. A last gasp Normann was a start but we needed 2 or 3 more units- instead we signed two similar players in Rashica and Tzolis who, despite great potential, are young and slight and anything but physical 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes a few of us pointed out the lack of physicality- the need to replace skipp and Tettey, the fact we looked like boys against men lAst time round and Webber sounded like he would sort it.

"A few of us..." Did anybody deny that we needed to replace Skipp and Tettey? It is so blindingly obvious that I'm sure most people just ignored you, everybody knew we had to replace Skipp and Tettey, although a lot of us were hopeful about Skipp - do you remember the photo outside the apartment block?

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It probably will be him. He's not going anywhere! 👍

He probably will be going because the crowd will turn on him very soon , the only thing that can save him is results and they appear to be totally beyond him . 

1 minute ago, City 101 said:

He probably will be going because the crowd will turn on him very soon , the only thing that can save him is results and they appear to be totally beyond him . 

It will be a sad and backward day if that happens "very soon" when we have so many new players to assimilate, some of whom have barely been with us much more than two weeks training time. Farke is a brilliant man, not perfect, but if anyone can get the best out of the players he now has, it will be him. 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It will be a sad and backward day if that happens "very soon" when we have so many new players to assimilate, some of whom have barely been with us much more than two weeks training time. Farke is a brilliant man, not perfect, but if anyone can get the best out of the players he now has, it will be him. 

Results will dictate it. If they continue as they have, the board will have to act. No manager (not even a Norwich manager) is safe if results on the pitch are this poor. I imagine the board will be reluctant; if we claw out the odd point, maybe that will save him in the short term.

It might seem harsh, especially if like me you blame the club’s summer transfer business more than you blame the manager, but ultimately something would have to change.

54 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't rate billing. If he was as good as people say he wouldn't have been relegated twice in two seasons he would be at a more established prem team. Over rated piece of crap

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So the coach that has completely failed to get anything like the best out of his squad is the best qualified to get the best out of his squad?

On current evidence and with his last EPL tenure thrown in for good measure, that makes absolutely no sense. 

Edited by komakino

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

We can outplay Championship teams but we can't do that in the Prem and one of the big differences is our lack of physicality.

Yep, absolutely this.

What I don't get is that Farke and Webber appeared to have learned that after the previous relegation and yet we've STILL got a midfield of technically good, easy on the eye, box to boxers. This, sadly, is the cost of Farkeball.

We needed to buy at least two neanderthals but bought zero. If you look through every Premier League starting they have at least one big, mean, grim Suffocator In Chief .... Normann ain't that.

A club with our budget can only survive by being a lot grittier, nastier and disliked.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hello, clueless zombie here, could you please apply for the managers job when vacant because you obviously know more than our football manager and sporting director. 

Thanks in anticipation.👍

1 hour ago, bernardrallison@btinternet said:

I think the bigger mistake is having your email address as your username

id change it if I were you

Unfortunately Norwich haven't addressed the issue of the blatant lack of physicality in the squad, something which was a major issue in our p*ss poor 21 point return last time in the Premier League. - At the moment we don't look capable of getting 21pts.

Anyone whose been a regular at games during the Farke era will totally respect him for being the most successful 2nd tier manager in our history but his record in the top flight is woeful, he hasn't solved the issues from 2 seasons ago and it has gone on for too long now. Unfortunately it is a results business. 

Personally if we are still pointless after Burnley away next week then Brighton at home in the next game after that then I feel Farkes position will be untenable as the home crowd after the Brighton game will make their feelings known. - My only concern is who ever takes over will only be able to do so much with the squad cause it isn't good enough.

Edited by kingsway

We lack a Doucoure, Sissouko, Skipp type enforcer in midfield. Norman has made a difference but I believe if we had a Sissouko type alongside him then that would allow the likes of Gilmour, PLM, Tzolis, Rashica to play more to their strengths.

Rupp and McLean are not the answer unfortunately. We are 2 signings away from being competitive, DM and Striker.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

LDC watching Farke

Nelson_Loves_Andy_Williams.PNG.png

Edited by Hardhouse44
Bad

Watching MOTD last night we have not got the quality of the other teams , no one really willing to take the ball forward or strikers not  up to it , we need a big strong striker who can be challenged and not fall over or be pushed off the ball , we just seemed to go sideways or back to the keeper . 

Edited by Yellowhammer

1 hour ago, komakino said:

So the coach that has completely failed to get anything like the best out of his squad is the best qualified to get the best out of his squad?

On current evidence and with his last EPL tenure thrown in for good measure, that makes absolutely no sense. 

Two of the players who ought to be I the starting line up have had just two weeks with the squad. Two weeks. Think about it. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Two of the players who ought to be I the starting line up have had just two weeks with the squad. Two weeks. Think about it

So more massive mistakes by the club then as we are in week 6!

Edited by Hardhouse44

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It probably will be him. He's not going anywhere! 👍

You don’t go to games it very very close before he will turn. Defeats to Burnley and Brighton and I can’t see him lasting any longer 

We need a Antonio, Bamford or a vardy unfortunately we have no one like them ,idah looked promising but so far has been a let down hoping Sargent can improve