For the future

Norwich city need to listen to the fans

21 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Don't get sarcasm do you chap? Bless your cotton socks 😉

What ‘the use of irony to mock or convey contempt’. I think you’ll find I quite clearly do.

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

What ‘the use of irony to mock or convey contempt’. I think you’ll find I quite clearly do.

Well clearly you don't by keep banging on about.... TWO (hardly endlessly).. clearly sarcastic posts to lighten the mood 🤷‍♂️

Seriously chap, change your username, although I suppose keeping if does show you get irony 👍

On 26/09/2021 at 16:22, komakino said:

If I were a glory hunter I would not be supporting Norwich City!

The difference between you and I is that you unconditionally support the club, whereas I do not. I'm objective. Change will not happen until you try at least to do something about it. 

Those like me who protested against Chase and finally succeeded, only to get rank amateur Delia Smith - In my opinion the worst thing that ever happened to the club. Please note I am talking professionally, not personally. As other posters have pointed out, the project is just a ruse to keep Smith & Jones in situ. We are a professional football club, not a family heirloom and time we had the will and the means. 

A

The point about glory hunters didn’t infer you were one.    It highlighted those types  expectations, which are unrealistic for fans of Norwich City and about 90% of the clubs.   Your comment was exactly my point if you care to read it again!

So what are your conditions for supporting Norwich City?  How are you objective, as it seems you are very one sided on this issue

I asked ‘ So tell me, what is wrong with staying positive and let this thing play out?   What did you seriously expect with those fixtures, a virtual new team, COVID etc. ‘.    Can you offer anything? 

Have you not enjoyed supporting Norwich these past few years… Why are S&J the worst thing that ever happened to the club?    
That’s some ruse, be much harder to pull that off than us winning the Champions League, suggest you’re one of those into conspiracy theories.  
So if we got rid of S&J what are you expecting to replace them and why do you feel so entitled and deserving that someone else should gamble their fortune on Norwich City?   

27 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

The point about glory hunters didn’t infer you were one.    It highlighted those types  expectations, which are unrealistic for fans of Norwich City and about 90% of the clubs.   Your comment was exactly my point if you care to read it again!

So what are your conditions for supporting Norwich City?  How are you objective, as it seems you are very one sided on this issue

I asked ‘ So tell me, what is wrong with staying positive and let this thing play out?   What did you seriously expect with those fixtures, a virtual new team, COVID etc. ‘.    Can you offer anything? 

Have you not enjoyed supporting Norwich these past few years… Why are S&J the worst thing that ever happened to the club?    
That’s some ruse, be much harder to pull that off than us winning the Champions League, suggest you’re one of those into conspiracy theories.  
So if we got rid of S&J what are you expecting to replace them and why do you feel so entitled and deserving that someone else should gamble their fortune on Norwich City?   

In simple terms, you support the club but not to the point where you have to support everything they do. Life is not a one way street and if you want support, you should give a need for that support.  

I've always made my feelings very clear on Smith. While it is erroneous that she 'saved the club', the money was needed, although I often wonder if she had not been given two seats on the board she asked for whether she would be here now. I digress. 

Once Chase was ousted, the club needed somebody or a group of people that wanted to achieve the maximum possible out of the club and in my mind, had to move the club forward in overall terms from the Chase era that by modern standards offered much. 

Smith was a fan and certainly no more, but saw an opportunity for what was then her fading image to keep her in profile. She has done very well. This however was not what the club needed at that time. It needed sensible investment on a consistent level, while developing youth. People forget that for a couple of decades, we barely had both. Webber correctly has sorted the obvious out as all football clubs need youth, whether to make profit, necessity or both. 

The 'Not for Sale' mantra is not in the club's best interest, especially from somebody who claims to love the club. The business model which keeps S&J in situ is built on sand as it relies heavily on parachute payments and players sales. That is no given. When that ends - which is likely - Norwich City Football Club will be in a very difficult position and I do not want to see that. 

Supporting Norwich City has always been a mixed bag and that would be from the John Bond era onwards. However, the club hasn't made any real overall progress since Chase floundered. Yes were back in the EPL after flirting with Administration but it is a league which the owners do not like or take seriously in my view. The club is hampered by their limitations and needs reasonable investment. That does not have to be from a rich Arab - Delia's xenophobic comments would make sure that never happened! - but there could be other forms of investment from businesses and so forth. It may not be much, but it could make a difference. 

Loving the club isn't enough and I still don't see how they act in the club's best interests however well meaning they are. They have a parochial view of football which has no place in the modern era. I just don't see the point of them and what they add to the club, though they are clearly popular in certain circles. 

If the club hasn't got the EPL mindset - which it has not - then all the work that Webber and Farke have done will go to waste and they are already finding how hard that is under the ultimately doomed self financing model. 

While I appreciate there are plenty of clubs in a weaker position than us, I do feel we have been sold short over the decades by the 'ethos' and limitations of the majority shareholders. But how short, we will never ever know...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, komakino said:

In simple terms, you support the club but not to the point where you have to support everything they do. Life is not a one way street and if you want support, you should give a need for that support.  

I've always made my feelings very clear on Smith. While it is erroneous that she 'saved the club', the money was needed, although I often wonder if she had not been given two seats on the board she asked for whether she would be here now. I digress. 

Once Chase was ousted, the club needed somebody or a group of people that wanted to achieve the maximum possible out of the club and in my mind, had to move the club forward in overall terms from the Chase era that by modern standards offered much. 

Smith was a fan and certainly no more, but saw an opportunity for what was then her fading image to keep her in profile. She has done very well. This however was not what the club needed at that time. It needed sensible investment on a consistent level, while developing youth. People forget that for a couple of decades, we barely had both. Webber correctly has sorted the obvious out as all football clubs need youth, whether to make profit, necessity or both. 

The 'Not for Sale' mantra is not in the club's best interest, especially from somebody who claims to love the club. The business model which keeps S&J in situ is built on sand as it relies heavily on parachute payments and players sales. That is no given. When that ends - which is likely - Norwich City Football Club will be in a very difficult position and I do not want to see that. 

Supporting Norwich City has always been a mixed bag and that would be from the John Bond era onwards. However, the club hasn't made any real overall progress since Chase floundered. Yes were back in the EPL after flirting with Administration but it is a league which the owners do not like or take seriously in my view. The club is hampered by their limitations and needs reasonable investment. That does not have to be from a rich Arab - Delia's xenophobic comments would make sure that never happened! - but there could be other forms of investment from businesses and so forth. It may not be much, but it could make a difference. 

Loving the club isn't enough and I still don't see how they act in the club's best interests however well meaning they are. They have a parochial view of football which has no place in the modern era. I just don't see the point of them and what they add to the club, though they are clearly popular in certain circles. 

If the club hasn't got the EPL mindset - which it has not - then all the work that Webber and Farke have done will go to waste and they are already finding how hard that is under the ultimately doomed self financing model. 

While I appreciate there are plenty of clubs in a weaker position than us, I do feel we have been sold short over the decades by the 'ethos' and limitations of the majority shareholders. But how short, we will never ever know...

Spoken like a man who cares about the club and understands how the loyal support has been led up the garden path since Smith bluffed her way into the boardroom.

Until there is change there will be no change.

4 hours ago, komakino said:

Interesting response, understand your view and that’s fair enough!   But there’s nothing in your words to argue things would be better any other way.    Glad I’m not of that approach though, it seems a tad cynical and still entitled.   Of course you don’t need to support the team and players and your probably best sitting this season out if you’re of that mind, since you’ll be of no use to the players or coaches.    
You want change, I don’t, I want us to continue on this path since it’s still got potential, we have a new group of players (we spent some money) who need to understand a system, gel, get to know each other and I’d rather stick with it than risk 1) losing these players and their possible value to a lack of confidence causing a deterioration in ability 2) investment from somewhere unknown.   New owners might have no idea how to run a football club, are unlikely to be massive investors and might see us as ripe for a good old asset strip!       Webber would be off with S & J of course!  

How on earth have we ever been ‘sold short’?    I’ve been a fan for nearly 50 years and the club has never sold me anything, I wouldn’t want them too…. I’ve had a ball supporting them though!    We’ve been punching for 40 years, we have no right to be in the EPL or Championship…. With expectations like yours whoever owns it has got no chance unless perhaps they win the Premier League each season and give you a free season ticket!   You’ll just keep raising your expectations.   

‘It’s a league the owners don’t like or take seriously’, have they said that?   Year on year there has been improvement since Farke arrived.   
Note you didn’t actually address the questions I raised.  You said the fans should stay away but how would that help the team either short term or long term?   There are no guarantees either way but these lads still need picking up, fan support is essential for that.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robert choice said:

Spoken like a man who cares about the club and understands how the loyal support has been led up the garden path since Smith bluffed her way into the boardroom.

Until there is change there will be no change.

I didn’t read that and think he cared about the club!    It doesn’t offer anything to suggest another route is a better option.   

No idea what garden path your referring to.    Where we all made promises?    
this current path, it’s never ending!    We may have just stepped on the first 3 slabs.   

The club never listen  I’ve been giving them sage advice for years on the poor scampi offering at the Gunn club, they didn’t pay attention what so ever.

don’t expect them to listen now 

On 26/09/2021 at 13:56, nutty nigel said:

Stop going?

We just had a season and a half of that. 

Serious question..

When did you stop going?

Did you actually get an answer to your question? If you have I missed it.

On 26/09/2021 at 06:40, ged in the onion bag said:

You need to read a bit more…. Every fan has a different view clearly and half of them haven’t really got a clue what they are talking about anyway!   

Perhaps you could clarify exactly what they would hear if they listened and whether that’s the fans message or yours, whatever it is?

All fans are created equal. But some fans are created more equal than others.... 😉

40 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I didn’t read that and think he cared about the club!    It doesn’t offer anything to suggest another route is a better option.   

this current path, it’s never ending!    We may have just stepped on the first 3 slabs.   

41 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

If you can't see it that's your problem not mine.

1 minute ago, robert choice said:

Given that your one of the ones who wants public support to back a campaign for change, it kinda is yours....

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Given that your one of the ones who wants public support to back a campaign for change, it kinda is yours....

A campaign?  Don't be daft.

I have better things to do with my time fella.

16 minutes ago, robert choice said:

It's pretty clear you haven't.

17 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Like go to the game against Doncaster tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course not.

Oh  that's a  shame - I was rather hoping that he had followed the advice he had given to to others!

Delia and MWJ have a history of ignoring the fans, so I for one say keep doing what you're doing. You're doing the best job ever. Don't ever try to look for outside investment that might enable us to compete in the Premier League. We're all enjoying each and every game back in the top flight under your 'leadership'.

8 hours ago, komakino said:

Thats the bit that Rips my Knitting ! 

I would really love to see what Delia would do if a Local Clean living Fan Billionaire ( if there is one) came in a made a very good offer for the club 

would she sell ? or would she say well club is self funded so Nephew Tom can take over ?

That is the only time you would Know if she had the very best interests of the club at Heart 

5 hours ago, robert choice said:

What do you mean by ‘it’, please enlighten me!   Now to my mind your post is a defensive mechanism as you got no idea how to answer the questions raised which were ‘No idea what garden path your referring to.    Where we all made promises?   

go on, give it a try!   

Edited by ged in the onion bag

20 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

What do you mean by ‘it’, please enlighten me!   Now to my mind your post is a defensive mechanism as you got no idea how to answer the questions raised which were ‘No idea what garden path your referring to.    Where we all made promises?   

go on, give it a try!   

Poor little ged..... obsessed with a new poster and desperate to flex his muscles in front of his chums.

Carry on sweetie. My shoulders are broad.

12 hours ago, 1902 said:

That's way  too clever for him to  grasp.

6 hours ago, robert choice said:

Carry on sweetie. My shoulders are broad

Then you'd think that they'd be able  to support  a head that can actually produce a rational argument....seems not.

8 hours ago, robert choice said:

Poor little ged..... obsessed with a new poster and desperate to flex his muscles in front of his chums.

Carry on sweetie. My shoulders are broad.

There’s all sorts of posters, new, old, good, bad, positive, negative, crap and binners… The crap ones are those that can’t articulate a sensible response and in particular can’t justify their point/s with reason…. I have you down in that category at the moment, didn’t know you were new!    Komakino at least offered an explanation of their position and reasons….

You’re definitely not alone, what usually manifests itself when someone hasn’t really got a clue is either 1) they go quiet rendering their contribution silly, 2) they get all sarcastic, 3) they call people names or 4) the insults start flying…. classic symptoms of a clueless poster.    You managed two of those….. Give us something constructive otherwise your point has no credibility.  

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

The club never listen  I’ve been giving them sage advice for years on the poor scampi offering at the Gunn club, they didn’t pay attention what so ever.

don’t expect them to listen now 

Perhaps it’s the way you deliver that advice!    If you dress the scampi up as ‘prawns’ they might be interested!   

2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

There’s all sorts of posters, new, old, good, bad, positive, negative, crap and binners… The crap ones are those that can’t articulate a sensible response and in particular can’t justify their point/s with reason…. I have you down in that category at the moment, didn’t know you were new!    Komakino at least offered an explanation of their position and reasons….

You’re definitely not alone, what usually manifests itself when someone hasn’t really got a clue is either 1) they go quiet rendering their contribution silly, 2) they get all sarcastic, 3) they call people names or 4) the insults start flying…. classic symptoms of a clueless poster.    You managed two of those….. Give us something constructive otherwise your point has no credibility.  

Comedy gold.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Then you'd think that they'd be able  to support  a head that can actually produce a rational argument....seems not.

I've already worked out who is and who isn't worth interacting with on here.