Pugin

Bike being stolen outside TKMaxx last Wednesday

Please delete if not appropriate.

I totally rely upon my bike and was devastated when if was stolen on Weds at 13:45 from outside TKMaxx in Cathedral Retail Park, Norwich. 

The shop themselves film these things and supply footage to the Police. Here is the footage of the incident. Any thoughts, fellow Canaries? TKM have more footage but this will do.

I had mine stolen a few months ago, but in a different manner that was partly my own fault.

I'd taken it to a local promenade for a healthy hour and because I ended up a bit exhausted I just, as often, rested it against the back of the car  in order to have half an hour's recovery listening to Woman' Hour.

This particular time, I drove off home without putting the bike in back in the car. I didn't notice it until I got home, five minutes away, quickly drove back only to be too late. No bike lying beside the kerb

It took about ten minutes for some b-gger to pounce.

I hope you retrieve yours. If you don't, you'll likely spend the next few weeks inspecting every bicycle you pass. I did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyGirl said:

It took about ten minutes for some b-gger to pounce.

I hope you retrieve yours. If you don't, you'll likely spend the next few weeks inspecting every bicycle you pass. I did.

You are so right. I went into TKMaxx for about 4 minutes just to buy a black tie for a funeral (yes, it wasn't a good week!) But that was long enough.

The bike is probably hidden away or in some other part of the country. But it doesn't stop me from twigging every bike I pass!

@Pugin, whilst it’s a long shot getting it back can you give any details such as the make of bike, anything distinctive about it, any stickers on it or anything ?

I do not use my bike unless I know I am leaving it in a secure place like my golf club etc.

No amount of chains, locks, disablers will stop anyone with intent.

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

@Pugin, whilst it’s a long shot getting it back can you give any details such as the make of bike, anything distinctive about it, any stickers on it or anything ?

Yes, my friend. It was a full size / large Claud Butler mountain / hybrid, gold in colour. The most distinctive feature is a blue front light, and an expensive silver pump on the crossbar, but both are detachable.Bike in excellent, almost unmarked, condition.

As you can imagine, I have turned super-sleuth. The Police have the details and the video. I revisited the scene of the crime a few hours after it happened, and then Cash Converters on the offchance they had been offered it. The Police had already been in touch with them, so they had the details. Great work by the Police. Tesco, both city centre branches, think they recognise a couple of the people in the video. I need to speak to Security at M&S as their street surveillance is state of the art.

My own theory is tha

Edited by Pugin

6 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Yes, my friend. It was a full size / large Claud Butler mountain / hybrid, gold in colour. The most distinctive feature is a blue front light, and an expensive silver pump on the crossbar, but both are detachable.Bike in excellent, almost unmarked, condition.

As you can imagine, I have turned super-sleuth. The Police have the details and the video. I revisited the scene of the crime a few hours after it happened, and then Cash Converters on the offchance they had been offered it. The Police had already been in touch with them, so they had the details. Great work by the Police. Tesco, both city centre branches, think they recognise a couple of the people in the video. I need to speak to Security at M&S as their street surveillance is state of the art.

My own theory is that some oik is offering £25 for every bike stolen, no questions asked. God, how I would like to catch up with them

...that some oik or oiks 

Edited by Pugin
incomplete

I hope you get it back, there really are some lowlife scumbags on this Plague Island.

When I worked in the South East for a few years, a colleague had his car stolen after his wife parked it up to do some shopping, returned only not to see it there. Luckily they reported it stolen quickly and it was found, although sustained interior damage.