Sign in to follow this  
Jezzard

Digne (non) red card

Honestly, how was this not a second yellow card? Already on a yellow for a cynical foul on Aarons, he then blocks a cross deliberately with his hands above his head. The referee had clearly seen this but pretends not to. This was at 0-1 with Norwich on top in the second half. Not that they should need to, but not one of our players questions this to the referee….

Edited by Jezzard
  • Like 1

It's not much to ask for consistent refereeing is it? My first reaction was a booking, but I guess the officials decided it was too close contact

I honestly think that it is too easy to turn a blind eye / apply common sense when it's a decision that would favour an unfashionable team in one breath but then apply the strict letter of the law when it comes to penalising that same type of side in the next breath ... seen it happen too many times.

E.g why was Cantwell's goal offside when Hause's today wasn't?

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

It's because he was on a second yellow, that's why - ref bottled it.  If he wasn't he would've got a yellow.  Guaranteed.

And yes, very much favours the big teams as their management, supporters and ex-players who are pundits would make a stink about it, and the FA want as much pushed under the carpet as possible.  Like all these organisations.

Don't think it's therefore deliberate bias against us.  But we're an easy touch, that's for sure.  I'd start issuing out some real statements in the media on issues like this and write to the FA with a summary that our legal team are looking into.

You don't need to follow it through, but just make them aware that there is a pattern that's potentially costing the livelihoods of people around the club.

I've mentioned it in another thread but it's these fine margins that always seem to go against you when you're struggling.

The handball decision was 50/50, so too was the penalty shout. 

Then you consider all of the offsides that have gone against us by a matter of inches.. it's just frustrating. 

7 hours ago, Jezzard said:

Honestly, how was this not a second yellow card? Already on a yellow for a cynical foul on Aarons, he then blocks a cross deliberately with his hands above his head. The referee had clearly seen this but pretends not to. This was at 0-1 with Norwich on top in the second half. Not that they should need to, but not one of our players questions this to the referee….

Kabak was lucky not to go either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

I've mentioned it in another thread but it's these fine margins that always seem to go against you when you're struggling.

The handball decision was 50/50, so too was the penalty shout. 

Then you consider all of the offsides that have gone against us by a matter of inches.. it's just frustrating. 

I think it's not so much they go against you when you are struggling,  they just have more impact. Had we won, this thread may not even exist.