Sign in to follow this  
shruk4

Things will be fine

I think we will stay in teh premier league. We had a decent preformance today. 5-3-2 will do wonders for our defense. We will start keeping clean sheets. Mathias Normann says he is 100% sure we will turn it around. He said he believes in teh project, the club and the coach. I also believe in it all

We did look defensively solid. Mathias Normann isn't Oliver Skipp, but he is very good for us there. With him down at the base of the midfield and three players at the centreback the fullbacks can bomb forward like they did in the second half. I think we will beat Burnley to go past them in the table.

So lets not **** our pants every body 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

How many games lost on the bounce before we can expect the project to deliver? 

That depends on how long the project is projected for. Are we at the start , in the middle or near completion? 

5 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I think we will stay in teh premier league. We had a decent preformance today. 5-3-2 will do wonders for our defense. We will start keeping clean sheets. Mathias Normann says he is 100% sure we will turn it around. He said he believes in teh project, the club and the coach. I also believe in it all

We did look defensively solid. Mathias Normann isn't Oliver Skipp, but he is very good for us there. With him down at the base of the midfield and three players at the centreback the fullbacks can bomb forward like they did in the second half. I think we will beat Burnley to go past them in the table.

HAHAHA HAHA HAHA 

22 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Bless your optimism ....Sadly Burnley are streetwise and will 'do a number on us'.

Its gonna be so fun to quote this in may when we are ahead of Leeds on goal difference in 17th with 33 points

4 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Its gonna be so fun to quote this in may when we are ahead of Leeds on goal difference in 17th with 33 points

Mate, I'll happily spend the day buying you beers all afternoon if it happens 👍

1 hour ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Bless your optimism ....Sadly Burnley are streetwise and will 'do a number on us'.

Just awaiting the 2-0 defeat, where Chris Wood bullies us and scores twice.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

How many games lost on the bounce before we can expect the project to deliver? 

At the most 9, Burnley might kick down our nice lads, Brighton are actually good now, Chelsea is Chelsea. But the 10th league game of the season is against Leeds. If there is one coach who Farke has the number of it is Marcelo Bielsa. God bless Bielsa but his Leeds team is not functioning properly.

If we lose 10 in a row in the league (excluding the 10 we lost during project restart), I admit I might start having some doubts.

Edited by shruk4

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'm failing to understand how losing 2~0 makes us defensively solid 🤔

Our opponents xG was 2.01. The second lowest after the Leicster game (which was 1.45). And 0.8 of that xG was a shoddy, cheap penalty. Everton had very few chances, they were just clinical when they got them. Everton's second goal only came after we changed our shape to be more aggressive.

Everton played very bad and didnt attack with much vigour after they got their goal. But still I found it quite evident that we were more solid with more bodies in defence. I understand you enjoy moaning. But please moan a bit more creatively

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Defensively better, yes.

Offensively good enough, no, not even close. 

After the Watford game I was very excited with the combination of Pukki and Sargeant and thought to myself that a formation like the one we had today could work. However we rarely got the ball forward to Pukki and Sargeant and when they got the ball tehy didnt do anything with it.

I think we need to get Cantwell into the formation somehow to facilitate the transition from defense to attack. Could Pukki and Cantwell p (or Sargeant and Cantwell) possibly play together up top? I think Cantwell could be good as a second striker. Either that or as a more advanced midfielder in the midfield three.

Also it must be pointed out that with Everton leading 1-0 and Rafa Benitez in the dug out it becomes much harder for Pukki and Sargeant to express tehmselves. I think this formation is oriented around counterattacks, but there was never any need for Everton to put a lot of bodies forward

I think the issue so far is, Leicester aside where we probably should have got a point, we've simply looked far from likely to get anything from any of the games we've played in

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The clappers be like…

5D1D9859-8557-4DB5-B962-953A05C14EC5.jpeg

And you'll ignore when you're called out for spouting absolute drivel, changing your mind like the weather,  and continue to storm off into other threads, won't you?

9 hours ago, AJ said:

I think the issue so far is, Leicester aside where we probably should have got a point, we've simply looked far from likely to get anything from any of the games we've played in

Everton yesterday was the big eye opener. Out of all the Premier sides we've played on these 16 defeats (I won't say run), they were by far the worst side we've faced, and we still didn't look close to getting anything out of the game and ended up beaten quite comprehensively. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shruk4 said:

Our opponents xG was 2.01. The second lowest after the Leicster game (which was 1.45). And 0.8 of that xG was a shoddy, cheap penalty. Everton had very few chances, they were just clinical when they got them. Everton's second goal only came after we changed our shape to be more aggressive.

Everton played very bad and didnt attack with much vigour after they got their goal. But still I found it quite evident that we were more solid with more bodies in defence. I understand you enjoy moaning. But please moan a bit more creatively

Here is a stat, 

2-0

44 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Everton yesterday was the big eye opener. Out of all the Premier sides we've played on these 16 defeats (I won't say run), they were by far the worst side we've faced, and we still didn't look close to getting anything out of the game and ended up beaten quite comprehensively. 

Exactly this. I wouldn't mind 16 if you said we were battling hard in most of them but we've barely laid a glove on these teams. 2 goals scored is just abysmal and we just aren't creating any clear chances on a regular basis