Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

You are the owner

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tell me - what is the minimum expectation that you would have set for first 6 games? 

The normal suspects had their list of excuses lined up when the fixtures came out. 4/6 points at this stage would have been par for the course. We have looked woeful from the time Liverpool scored that first goal back in August. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The normal suspects had their list of excuses lined up when the fixtures came out. 4/6 points at this stage would have been par for the course. We have looked woeful from the time Liverpool scored that first goal back in August. 

I’m frankly staggered that Brentford have taken a great point against Liverpool at home, scoring 3 goals in the process, when we couldn’t lay a glove on their first or 3rd team of kids in 180mins of football. Levels. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’m frankly staggered that Brentford have taken a great point against Liverpool at home, scoring 3 goals in the process, when we couldn’t lay a glove on their first or 3rd team of kids in 180mins of football. Levels. 

Yes indeed. They score three against the first team. We can’t beat their kids including a 16 year old- but it’s my bad for not backing the board and vision! 

Given the fact the owner is happy with being a top 26 club and self funding. It wont matter if we get relegated with the lowest points total

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Why don’t you go and support Man City, or does it make you happier celebrating a loss rather than a win.

What’s Man City to do with it? We aren’t even competing with the other promoted sides, only side in England and Scotland on zero points, only side in history to have made such a rotten start to the season, only manager in history to lose 16 games at this level on the bounce- but, hey, I’m the problem. Is that your argument? Really??! 

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Why don’t you go and support Man City, or does it make you happier celebrating a loss rather than a win.

He is only pointing out facts #Happy Clapper

21 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tell me - what is the minimum expectation that you would have set for first 6 games? 

4-6 points if I didn't know the fixtures.

Knowing the fixtures, I'd have hoped for a win vs Watford and a draw elsewhere.  So 4 points for me.

• Like 1

The points tally is not that important under this model. Promotion back to the EPL next season is. Having said that totally abject performances where we cannot even scrape a draw has probably thrown a spanner in the 'Model' works. Should be fun in the Boardroom on Monday. 

4 minimum they aren’t going to get any easier on paper than Watford at home and if you want any chance to stay in the league you need to beat the teams you come up with. I’d of thought we could of potentially picked a point up at least from one other game 

40 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

A stadium full of paying customers.

Time for Farke to do one, getting fed up with the excuse....." well we weren't expecting anything from that game"....What game is he expecting to get something from errr....Watford at home perhaps.....DOH!..6 games in and my pencil has still got more points than we have!

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

4-6 points if I didn't know the fixtures.

Knowing the fixtures, I'd have hoped for a win vs Watford and a draw elsewhere.  So 4 points for me.

This.

5 of our summer signings came after 9th August, so too late for the game Vs Liverpool. That was Sargent and Tzolis. Williams too late for Man City and Kabak and Normann too late for Leicester.

You don't need to be the owner - how many people genuinely thought that we would walk those opening four fixtures? Most of the folks I have spoken to before and after considered them "free hits" with Leicester the best chance of points. Length conversations with the FiL resulted in us being happy with anything, even a point from those opening four fixtures. 4 points would be good and anything more fantastic.

However - as I have said elsewhere, in a bizarre way it isn't the results that have been the issue per se. But the performances. If we were more stubborn, and solid defensively we more than likely would have walked away with at least a point against Leicester and Arsenal. And then, after that disappointment, rather than a vengeful side full of determination stamping out their intent on Watford, we just struggled.

Today there were signs of improvement. The performance was better. Yet we still walk away 2-0 losers.

If I was in any position on the board, I would be asking Webber why Farke hasn't seen fit to return to the 4-2-3-1 which served us well before, even if just to return some familiarity to players who have been with us since last season or longer, and see if that helps to turn around results. After all, he has tried more or less everything else, changing personnel. 3-5-1, 4-3-3 etc.

To stand any chance of staying up you need to average a point a game, and that's pushing it!....32 games left mmm where are they coming from...Watford was must win, you've now got to get at least 3 shock wins and pick up a few draws...which something we just don't do in the Prem!..As good as Farke is in the championship he just doesn't seem to cut it in the Prem!...Get in Big Sam before its to late! we've got  to start getting points playing ugly....we're just to easy!....... or get Mike Bassett out of retirement and play a flat back 8 and play Benson and Hedges upfront!

Edited by Reginald Rupert Smithers

42 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What’s Man City to do with it? We aren’t even competing with the other promoted sides, only side in England and Scotland on zero points, only side in history to have made such a rotten start to the season, only manager in history to lose 16 games at this level on the bounce- but, hey, I’m the problem. Is that your argument? Really??! 

You've been hounding other posters all this evening for answers without offering us your answer to solve the problem.

• Like 1

Farke said the aim was 3, I’d personally have said 4 was the target, but 3 minimum.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reginald Rupert Smithers said:

To stand any chance of staying up you need to average a point a game, and that's pushing it!....32 games left mmm where are they coming from...Watford was must win, you've now got to get at least 3 shock wins and pick up a few draws...which something we just don't do in the Prem!..As good as Farke is in the championship he just doesn't seem to cut it in the Prem!...Get in Big Sam before its to late! we've got  to start getting points playing ugly....we're just to easy!....... or get Mike Bassett out of retirement and play a flat back 8 and play Benson and Hedges upfront!

Don't know if you're serious about Big Sam but he's probably the best chance that we could have of staying up.

Do we want to 'sell our souls' in footballing terms though.

Would we want to stay up at any cost or is the way we go about it more important?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

Don't know if you're serious about Big Sam but he's probably the best chance that we could have of staying up.

Would we want to stay up at any cost or is the way we go about it more important?

Think we need someone like Him so we can just try and establish ourselves in the Prem for a season or2!

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

I don’t think we have the players to play his way even if I thought it was a good idea personally.

If, and its still only an if for me, we end up replacing Farke I don’t think we need or want to destroy the entire DNA of the way we play.

Our owners won’t have any minimum expectations. They will only be concerned with whether everyone in their private jet has had a nice day out. They don’t care what division we are in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Our owners won’t have any minimum expectations. They will only be concerned with whether everyone in their private jet has had a nice day out. They don’t care what division we are in. 

That pretty much sums it up.