Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Points target

Farke mentioned that we're only 3 points short to his survival target after the Watford match.

As most expect that 35-40 pts would secure safety in this league, and that averages out to around 1 point per game.

We're currently 6 points short of that total, by the time we've played Burnley, Brighton, Chelsea and Leeds we'll be just over a quarter through and played half the teams (10 games).

That means we need to be around the 10 point mark after Leeds... Which means we need 3 wins and a draw in those four games.

Right now I think 4 points is looking unlikely, let alone 10.  So, While I appreciate Farke has an expectation of what points he aims based on the fixture list - Statistically this looks far far worse to me, for every game we go it's another point short - and that's a fact you can't really disagree with.

Anyone able to point a positive spin on this to cheer me up?  I know we're only 3 pts from 17th but that feels a false hope when you break it down across our points average.

I think we’re aiming for 3 points in total from the season. I’m not holding my breath we can achieve it though…

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We could enter the Eurovision Song Contest.

Farke being German would get at least one point you'd hope!