yellow_belly

Can someone check on Lakey…!?!

After another loss, I haven’t seen Lakey pop up with some very positive spin. Can someone check on him? I hope his ok… perhaps he has come over to the sensible side believing that we am are doing rubbish and something needs to change.

Just now, yellow_belly said:

I agree. Perhaps he went to the game and can now see how rubbish we are. Boooooo

Lakey?  Going to a game?  Be serious.

Just now, yellow_belly said:

He is the most positive non Norwich watching chap ever. Probably watches the game via BBC Sport website stats. 😂

Or teletext, if it still exists.

Just now, lake district canary said:

FYI otherwise engaged today.  All I would say is stick with it, another away game next and still only 3 points off the team in 17th place.

OTBC

Yes, easy to remain positive when you have absolutely no emotional involvement with the performance or result.

8 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

He is the most positive non Norwich watching chap ever. Probably watches the game via BBC Sport website stats. 😂

Also FYI, I probably won't be going to games this season - even though I usually do go to some (as several people on here can verify) as with a covid vulnerable partner, I am going to be as careful as I can for the foreseeable future, but feel free to carry on with your one liners if you like.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

After another loss, I haven’t seen Lakey pop up with some very positive spin. Can someone check on him? I hope his ok… perhaps he has come over to the sensible side believing that we am are doing rubbish and something needs to change.

He’s still backing Hughton 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Also FYI, I probably won't be going to games this season - even though I usually do go to some (as several people on here can verify) as with a covid vulnerable partner, I am going to be as careful as I can for the foreseeable future, but feel free to carry on with your one liners if you like.

You have a partner??? 😱

Doctor orders listening to Normann’s post match interview on repeat as an antidote to the noise on here. You’ll feel better, till next week anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leedscanary said:

I’ve met Lakey at games before. 

I’ll verify that 

Yep, always look forward to meeting Lakey after he's been to Carrow Road.

And this thread isn't fair. If attendance is a condition of posting an opinion half this community would be redundant.

Maybe we should have a poll to find out how long it is since each poster went?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Cannot believe how bullying this thread is. I do not always agree with LDC but the nastiness on this tread is unbelievable........

You’re probably right, but when confronted by the grim reality of inept performances week in, week out, I think many have grown rather weary of the naive philosophy that “All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds” (Voltaire).  

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yep, always look forward to meeting Lakey after he's been to Carrow Road.

And this thread isn't fair. If attendance is a condition of posting an opinion half this community would be redundant.

Maybe we should have a poll to find out how long it is since each poster went?

Indeed

A quick look at the match thread during the game ( especially home games ) tells you who doesn’t go to games.

2 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I think Lakey is a nice bloke and everyone being rude to him could learn a lot from him

I very much admire his unbreakable optimism. This place can get pretty depressing when things aren't going well so at least he's always being positive 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I think Lakey is a nice bloke and everyone being rude to him could learn a lot from him

Agreed. To be fair most of it is good banter. Lackey always tries to be a glass half full kind of person which in my book is a good thing that all of us can aspire to!

17 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

You’re probably right, but when confronted by the grim reality of inept performances week in, week out, I think many have grown rather weary of the naive philosophy that “All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds” (Voltaire).  

While I didn't go to the match and actually couldn't even follow it this afternoon, I have listened to reports on it and it seems we were more at it in some ways today and that is encouraging news. The penalty was (which I have seen) definitely dubious and VAR applied wrongly and reports say we kept at it. So inept sounds a bit mistaken.

Anyhow, as Normann said in his interview today, it's very small margins and I think talk of "inept performances week in, week out" is just as wearifying as anything positive I might have to say.

Incidentally, the quote you attributed to Voltaire, was actually by Liebnitz.......

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Incidentally, the quote you attributed to Voltaire, was actually by Liebnitz.......

I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

I’ve met Lakey at games before. 

I’ll verify that 

Sorry to hear that Kev,

Condolences to the family 

1 hour ago, shruk4 said:

Evening Mrs Lakey 👍

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

While I didn't go to the match and actually couldn't even follow it this afternoon, I have listened to reports on it and it seems we were more at it in some ways today and that is encouraging news. The penalty was (which I have seen) definitely dubious and VAR applied wrongly and reports say we kept at it. So inept sounds a bit mistaken.

Anyhow, as Normann said in his interview today, it's very small margins and I think talk of "inept performances week in, week out" is just as wearifying as anything positive I might have to say.

Ka .... booom!!

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Cannot believe how bullying this thread is. I do not always agree with LDC but the nastiness on this tread is unbelievable........

Nastiness? Oh do behave. Lakey gives as good as he gets 🙄. Nothing worse than being offended on someone else's behalf. He wouldn't post on here if he thought he was being bullied. Ludicrous comment. 

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yeah, all for being positive about the team he supports. I disagree with most of what he says but still.