Sorry but having spent an historic amount by our standards and nevertheless ending up less competitive as a starting XI than we were when we spent nothing and/or went up…is inexcusable - we need to hear from the board as to what the hell is going on

The board needs to stay silent unless they are making a change. 

I get that some people need the catharsis of demanding something, anything, in situations like this, but I can not remember a board statement ever making situations better.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 5

While the net spend was not actually that high, I don't see any future in the current set-up. We offer nothing on of off the pitch and I'm waiting for Webber to eventually come out and say 'If you don't like it, tough'. 

If you want to get the best out of what we have, we need to try somebody else if we have any chance to stay on the EPL. However, I don't think there is enough will at the club to stay in the EPL, especially from our derisory majority shareholders. 

Playing Norwich is like getting a bye. It's that bad. 

• Like 2

It’s now surely a matter of when not if. We are such a long way off being competitive that it is embarrassing. Brentford are making us look foolish. I argued all summer that our belief that being the Man City of the championship could work in the Premiership was deluded- I screamed from the rooftops that losing emi and Skipp and not replacing them was suicidal- and I was attacked by the happy clappers. So then happy clappers- explain why we should stick with this utter rubbish? When exactly does our season start? 

Heads should roll?

Not very far, I think that you will find, as they are not spherical. I emphasise that I have no experience of this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s now surely a matter of when not if. We are such a long way off being competitive that it is embarrassing. Brentford are making us look foolish. I argued all summer that our belief that being the Man City of the championship could work in the Premiership was deluded- I screamed from the rooftops that losing emi and Skipp and not replacing them was suicidal- and I was attacked by the happy clappers. So then happy clappers- explain why we should stick with this utter rubbish? When exactly does our season start? 

Just copy and paste mate. It would save you time.

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Our club has always been compromised by not have the majority shareholders or all of the fans who want to be in the EPL. I've met fans who didn't want to be promoted and Smith has not exactly been complimentary about the league in the past. 

It is not a league for the half hearted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So then happy clappers- explain why we should stick with this utter rubbish? When exactly does our season start? 

So what practically are you suggesting? 

Moaning endlessly on the Pink Un message board doesn't seem to be having any impact - you need to up your game and do something about it. You can't keep on doing the same thing week after week and expect things to change - you need a plan B; a change of tactics; to try something new. I don't want to be impolite but your current efforts just aren't working.

So here's your chance - what are you going to do about it in the next week?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, komakino said:

Which is ironic, given that you and a number of others have already given in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

So what practically are you suggesting? 

Moaning endlessly on the Pink Un message board doesn't seem to be having any impact - you need to up your game and do something about it. You can't keep on doing the same thing week after week and expect things to change - you need a plan B; a change of tactics; to try something new. I don't want to be impolite but your current efforts just aren't working.

So here's your chance - what are you going to do about it in the next week?

Are you talking about the manager or the unhappy posters?

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

The board. That's where the problem lies.

The message board itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Talking about the OP - his tactics just aren't working - he needs to get his act together.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1902 said:

The board needs to stay silent unless they are making a change. 

I get that some people need the catharsis of demanding something, anything, in situations like this, but I can not remember a board statement ever making situations better.

There is no statement to make! Delia Smith and her cohort are leaving their shares to nephew Tom. That will not change, and nor will the way they run the club!

22 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I’m just waiting for the usual suspects to patronisingly and sanctimoniously explain why you are wrong.

Sure he will be along soon

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

There is no statement to make! Delia Smith and her cohort are leaving their shares to nephew Tom. That will not change, and nor will the way they run the club!

It doesn't sound worth moaning about then.

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Still sounds like the manager 

I very much doubt that Dean Coney's Boots (the OP) is the manager!

Just now, Badger said:

Ohh if DCB was Daniel Farke it would make my fùckïng year.

• Haha 3

It's a bit early in the season for the dreaded vote of confidence but then it's rather early that so many have lost faith in the manager. Don't think we'll hear anything from Webber anytime soon as he'll have to choose his words very carefully. 

29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sorry but having spent an historic amount by our standards and nevertheless ending up less competitive as a starting XI than we were when we spent nothing and/or went up…is inexcusable - we need to hear from the board as to what the hell is going on

At least give the head coach a vote of confidence, then we at least know he will be sacked. Have to start somewhere, but knowing Wynnie he will carry on fiddling, as on Tuesday night.

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

The description sounds like the manager, no plan b, tactics etc 

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The description sounds like the manager, no plan b, tactics etc 

I have to admit that there was an of irony in my post. It seems to have done the job though - since being asked what he is going to do about it, he has gone quiet. 

You think an average fan is the person to ‘do something about it’??? Either enter reality or get lost. This isn’t about one Fan making a difference is it? Or are you just trying to deflect from facing truth? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I’m just waiting for the usual suspects to patronisingly and sanctimoniously explain why you are wrong.

The happy clapper club seems to be shrinking significantly.

Lakey, Hogesar, Chicken et al get far less love for their eternal pro-board propaganda, the happy clappers are in a minority on this board now I feel. 

Must of them have had the wake up call, the epiphany, that 20th in the Premier League is the best that "the project" and the individuals that are leading us can deliver, and that it will ultimately mean that promotions lose their excitement.

I'm not convinced that we've got another promotion in us, I see an exodus this time. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The happy clapper club seems to be shrinking significantly.

Lakey, Hogesar, Chicken et al get far less love for their eternal pro-board propaganda, the happy clappers are in a minority on this board now I feel. 

Must of them have had the wake up call, the epiphany, that 20th in the Premier League is the best that "the project" and the individuals that are leading us can deliver, and that it will ultimately mean that promotions lose their excitement.

I'm not convinced that we've got another promotion in us, I see an exodus this time. 

Totally agree. Our loans won’t be kept on and our stars will jump ship. We will very quickly be back at square one. 

51 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Write to them and ask, that is a little more proactive the whining on here.

Delia Smith

Carrow Road

Norwich, NR1 3JE

44 minutes ago, komakino said:

Our club has always been compromised by not have the majority shareholders or all of the fans who want to be in the EPL. I've met fans who didn't want to be promoted and Smith has not exactly been complimentary about the league in the past. 

.....and its not a league for those who want to watch entertaining or exciting football either.

Today was a perfect example - a bore-athon from start to finish with the outcome decided by someone sitting a room 200 miles away from the ground, apparently with a licence to make up the rules as he goes along but who unfortunately seems to take an incredibly long time to do it - strange how these clear and obvious mistakes take so long to figure out!

Edited by Creative Midfielder