36 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ps putting stuff in bold doesn't mean I pay any attention to what you post.

I never thought for a moment that it would - you have repeatedly demonstrated that you have not read a post despite commenting upon it!

40 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Forgot you were the voice for the majority of fans.. I just post for myself.

There you go again, making things up - you really would make abetter case if you just stuck to what I had written, rather than argue against what I did not.

At no point have I claimed to be "the voice for the majority of the fans." It is my opinion, however, that the majority of the fans have not given up - as you have suggested that you have done. Sorry for posting my opinion, but it is errr, sort of the purpose of a message board?

45 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We got rid of Chase.

So is this your agenda then? You want to lead a campaign to replace the owners?

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

So is this your agenda then? You want to lead a campaign to replace the owners?

As horrible as it sounds it won’t be long and they will be gone anyway, they are old now and time catches up with us all. If I were them I’d be seriously thinking about letting go and enjoying later in life while you still can. 

Id be reluctant to put Brentford up on a pedestal. Some posting on this thread done the same back in January and we made them look rather silly.

Id also be reluctant because Sheffield United were put on a pedestal as how to stay up in this division with their physicality. The following season it earnt them 20 something points.

Id be even more reluctant because plenty on here then decided Leeds were the model club. Ambitious and big spenders. They've won the same amount of games as us this season.

Taking away everything else, it might just be that this Premier League survival isn't as easy as some think.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

There you go again, making things up - you really would make abetter case if you just stuck to what I had written, rather than argue against what I did not.

At no point have I claimed to be "the voice for the majority of the fans." It is my opinion, however, that the majority of the fans have not given up - as you have swronguggested that you have done. Sorry for posting my opinion, but it is errr, sort of the purpose of a message board?

"continue to make things up about me and the majority of fans that want to support the team through a difficult time. Fortunately, nearly everybody ignores these pointless spats"

Never said the majority of the fans.. not once. I said I believe more and more fans will become apathetic if this cycle continues. May be right could be 

Sorry for having an opinion different to you.

anyway, hopefully we will get three points or even one soon.

otbc.

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:
1 hour ago, Badger said:

At no point have I claimed to be "the voice for the majority of the fans." It is my opinion, however, that the majority of the fans have not given up - as you have swronguggested that you have done. Sorry for posting my opinion, but it is errr, sort of the purpose of a message board?

"continue to make things up about me and the majority of fans that want to support the team through a difficult time. Fortunately, nearly everybody ignores these pointless spats"

Never said the majority of the fans.. not once. I said I believe more and more fans will become apathetic if this cycle continues. May be right could be 

Sorry for having an opinion different to you.

anyway, hopefully we will get three points or even one soon.

otbc.

Sorry what is this meant to prove? I think that the majority of the fans do not want to give up yet? I have never claimed to be "their voice," I happened to state an opinion.

I don't mind you having a different opinion - I just think that making things up that I am supposed to have said is a bit silly, especially after you have admitted that you don't even read it. Why comment on something you don't read?

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Id be reluctant to put Brentford up on a pedestal. Some posting on this thread done the same back in January and we made them look rather silly.

Id also be reluctant because Sheffield United were put on a pedestal as how to stay up in this division with their physicality. The following season it earnt them 20 something points.

Id be even more reluctant because plenty on here then decided Leeds were the model club. Ambitious and big spenders. They've won the same amount of games as us this season.

Taking away everything else, it might just be that this Premier League survival isn't as easy as some think.

I don’t particularly care about other clubs what I care about it how we play, I care about passion and work rate from the players. I care about being entertained by the side. 

what I’ve seen this season is a manager abandon the philosophy and formation that has brought us all the success we have had. I’ve seen a group with no backbone, leadership or organisation. Least of all have I seen the attacking football we have been used to playing even in relegation last time from the prem. it’s embarrassing how far we’ve dropped our standards this season none of which has anything to do with the teams we play against or around. 

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

what I’ve seen this season is a manager abandon the philosophy and formation that has brought us all the success we have had.

He hasn't abandoned the philosophy, that's exactly what the problem is. 

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sorry what is this meant to prove? I think that the majority of the fans do not want to give up yet? I have never claimed to be "their voice," I happened to state an opinion.

I don't mind you having a different opinion - I just think that making things up that I am supposed to have said is a bit silly, especially after you have admitted that you don't even read it. Why comment on something you don't read?

LoL! Anyway don't you think it's time to give up on "pointless spatts". You're far to clever for me...

Ps will continue to comment how I see fit about anything or anyone on this board. 

Will read your posts when you stop the really tedious condescending tone.

Parma - look at his latest post and approach...love it.

Here's to getting a point soon. Otbc.

Funny how we all see different games at the same match! May I suggest a compromise - we have abandoned the formation but not the philosophy?

I actually think it's a bit of both, but it's hard atm to decide what is by design and what is just by bad play.

13 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

what I’ve seen this season is a manager abandon the philosophy and formation that has brought us all the success we have had.

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Edited by Badger
Corrected spelling

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

We used to play attacking football. We can’t even get out of our own half. Playing out from the back isn’t the problem it’s his tactical inability to input to the players when and how to do that. The formations we continue to pick are lacklustre and emphasis is on not conceding rather than trying to score. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Will read your posts when you stop the really tedious condescending tone.

I don't mind in the least whether you do or not - but would suggest that it might be a good idea to read anyone's post before commenting on it either positively or negatively. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Funny how we all see different games at the same match! May I suggest a compromise - we have abandoned the formation but not the philosophy?

I actually thin it's a bit of both, but it's hard atm to decide what is by design and what is just by bad play.

I actually agree it’s funny how we all see the same situations differently. Some believe a team should be set up from the back and focus on being solid at the defensive basics. I’m more of the belief in the Brian Clough and Bobby Robson frame of mind that the best form of defence is attack. 

I’d much rather teams who lined up against us spent more time working out how to stop us scoring than figuring out how to break us down.

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We used to play attacking football. We can’t even get out of our own half. Playing out from the back isn’t the problem it’s his tactical inability to input to the players when and how to do that. The formations we continue to pick are lacklustre and emphasis is on not conceding rather than trying to score. 

But we can't play attacking football playing it out from the back because we're not Man City or Chelsea, in the Championship we were (the equivalent of). Its not we decided to stop trying to attack its that we're no bloody good at it at this level playing how he wants us to. Listen to the Brentford manager said after the Liverpool game they had to play a completely different style of football than they would like to purely because you'll get picked off easily trying it against teams like that. Brentfords manager has quickly learned to adapt his philosophy to his new surroundings, Farke has not and seemingly refuses to do so. 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I actually agree it’s funny how we all see the same situations differently. Some believe a team should be set up from the back and focus on being solid at the defensive basics. I’m more of the belief in the Brian Clough and Bobby Robson frame of mind that the best form of defence is attack. 

I’d much rather teams who lined up against us spent more time working out how to stop us scoring than figuring out how to break us down.

I'd prefer us to play our more attacking style but we let too many goals in. ATM we are playing more conservatively but still letting in too many.

So do you go back to Plan A or exercise Plan B more effectively (is it the plan or it's execution that is at fault?). Or perhaps Plan C, which I suspect is what Ken would prefer.

I would not be averse to 3-5-2 against Burnley with Sergent and Idah up front to give us a bigger physical presence against a team where we will need it, but then try another approach against other opposition.

Yes we might need to adapt to it against the top 6 but it’s simple not a case of shoving it long as we don’t have the players to play that way either. I agree we need to be more direct but being direct doesn’t mean long balls. That to me means working the channels, having a more aggressive press to win balls back higher up the pitch to prevent so much pressure on our back line. To my mind though these are tactical changes and not philosophy. As long as we persist in playing Pukki we need to play the 3 behind him to provide him with service and link the defensive unit of the team together 

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'd prefer us to play our more attacking style but we let too many goals in. ATM we are playing more conservatively but still letting in too many.

So do you go back to Plan A or exercise Plan B more effectively (is it the plan or it's execution that is at fault?). Or perhaps Plan C, which I suspect is what Ken would prefer.

I would not be averse to 3-5-2 against Burnley with Sergent and Idah up front to give us a bigger physical presence against a team where we will need it, but then try another approach against other opposition.

New flash we are letting in too many and not playing attacking so what’s the harm in having more of a go. 

My thoughts on games has always been do what the opposition don’t want you to do. Burnley will love a physical battle and we don’t have the players to play that way. What I would like to do is see a high press, direct passing along the flanks, fluid front line so defenders don’t know where to go and who to track. I’d play Pukki who had good movement with Rashica Cantwell and Tzolis behind and just let them play and have fun. Normann and Sorensen sitting. Giannoulis, Kabak, Gibson and Aarons as my back 4. I’d make sure McNeil was kept under close attention and stopped at source to prevent service for Barnes and wood. 

Edited by By Hook or Ian crook