4 minutes ago, Badger said:

1. Transfermarket says that we spent just under £60 million and they spent £33.5 million, so we did spend more money than Brentford it is a simple fact. Brentford however, made fewer sales so their net spend was slightly higher.

2. There is no way that Brentford will spend more than us on wages. Our wages spend will be at least £10 million higher than theirs probably a lot more than this.

3. We will be paying Kabak much, much more than  Brentford pay Ajer.

You are talking nonsense on this - it is nothing to with me being a "happy clapper" or caring any less than you do , but you are simply not accurate in what you say.

The Bees understand the importance of aerial effectiveness in the Premier League.

10 years ago with David Fox delivering corners and 11 headed goals in a season we survived comfortably. In the last 2 relegation seasons we have scored 3 and 1 headed goals respectively. Same principles apply in defence.

Without aerial effectiveness for me our survival chances in the Premier League is way less than 50%.

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Certainly atm, I can't argue against you that it looks that way. There is a long way to go, and unlike many posters I haven't given up already, but it does seem that we have bought too man players to integrate in a short timescale.

I can't help seeing it as a race to get the team fully integrated with a clear understanding before confidence is totally destroyed. (It's why I think booing is so unhelpful but, perhaps we'll leave discussion of this to the other thread 😀)

I mentioned at the time I was a bit confused by us choosing to spend a reported £5m of our limited budget on a back up keeper. Didn't feel the best use of resources.

Brentford were brilliant yesterday , pace power and the sheer determination not to be beaten , hard to believe we finished above them last season because they look a mile ahead of us now .

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

Certainly atm, I can't argue against you that it looks that way. There is a long way to go, and unlike many posters I haven't given up already, but it does seem that we have bought too man players to integrate in a short timescale.

I can't help seeing it as a race to get the team fully integrated with a clear understanding before confidence is totally destroyed. (It's why I think booing is so unhelpful but, perhaps we'll leave discussion of this to the other thread 😀)

Totally this ^^^ 

We bought/loaned in nearly a whole team - and that will take time. 

If we can get the best out of Tzolis and Rashica, get Sargent buzzing, get Idah's confidence up, get Normann to boss the midfield (he's already started to do that), Lees-Melou to find his shooting boots, etc etc, then we should start looking a lot more effective in matches and scoring goals.

I know it's an "if" (and some people can't handle "if" situations), but the potential is there and is why there is a reason still to be hopeful/optimistic that we will start to get results.  Yesterday's performance makes it look as if we are on a better track now and will be looking to improve on that again next week.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

1. Transfermarket says that we spent just under £60 million and they spent £33.5 million, so we did spend more money than Brentford it is a simple fact. Brentford however, made fewer sales so their net spend was slightly higher.

2. There is no way that Brentford will spend more than us on wages. Our wages spend will be at least £10 million higher than theirs probably a lot more than this.

3. We will be paying Kabak much, much more than  Brentford pay Ajer.

You are talking nonsense on this - it is nothing to with me being a "happy clapper" or caring any less than you do , but you are simply not accurate in what you say.

Sorry forgot you don't count the sale of our best most creative talisman. They spent more 100%. £60M MINUS £33M is not more than £33.5m.

Just don't get people that ignore out goings.

Anyway if we did (we didn't) have a bigger net spend who do you think is responsible for this magnificent start to the season? Webbers recruitment or Farke and his coaching team. Or maybe the board?

Do you actually think the team is stronger as the plan said it would be?

God I can feel the apathy as another pointless top flight campaign arrives... hate watching our team at the moment. Really boring, zero attacking threat and dull and always a gifted goal around the corner. Zero identity.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Totally this ^^^ 

If we can get the best out of Tzolis and Rashica, get Sargent buzzing, get Idah's confidence up, get Normann to boss the midfield (he's already started to do that), Lees-Melou to find his shooting boots, etc etc, then we should start looking a lot more effective in matches and scoring goals.

I know it's an "if" (and some people can't handle "if" situations), but the potential is there and is why there is a reason still to be hopeful/optimistic that we will start to get results.  Yesterday's performance makes it look as if we are on a better track now and will be looking to improve on that again next week.

Better track... an injury ravaged weak Everton side and they strolled to an easy 2 nil... there is optimism and there is sticking your head in the sand and blaming the fans rather than the people in charge.

If this doesn't change soon I can see apathy setting in amongst the fans... whats the point of getting promoted to watch us getting beat week in week out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If this doesn't change soon I can see apathy setting in amongst the fans... whats the point of getting promoted to watch us getting beat week in week out. 

It's one of those "you have to learn to take the rough with the smooth" situations.  Easy to say, I know, but it is going to be such a good feeling when we do start performing to our potential - and as in the first promotion season when people were calling for the manager's head after six games, it will probably take a hard fought dull draw to get us on our way.  Once we got that uninspiring 1-1 at Portaloo Rd (hi there, binners who are rife on here at the moment, how's life at the bottom of League !?) then we never looked back.

So it might be rough for a while more, but once we do get something, it will represent a huge change in fortune.

Goodness - the nonsense you write! 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Sorry forgot you don't count the sale of our best most creative talisman. They spent more 100%. £60M MINUS £33M is not more than £33.5m.

What I wrote is below - perhaps I had better help you by pointing it out - "Brentford however, made fewer sales so their net spend was slightly higher." Perhaps the phrase net spend confused you - if so look it up. Alternatively, you didn't actually read what was written - in which case, it's a bit stupid to criticise it, or place it within your (almost totally misinformed) preconceptions.

48 minutes ago, Badger said:

Brentford however, made fewer sales so their net spend was slightly higher.

You might be apathetic, but many of us still care about our team!

20 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

God I can feel the apathy as another pointless top flight campaign arrives... hate watch our team at the moment.

Google it if you don't believe it. 
apathy - noun - lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's one of those "you have to learn to take the rough with the smooth" situations.  Easy to say, I know, but it is going to be such a good feeling when we do start performing to our potential - and as in the first promotion season when people were calling for the manager's head after six games, it will probably take a hard fought dull draw to get us on our way.  Once we got that uninspiring 1-1 at Portaloo Rd (hi there, binners who are rife on here at the moment, how's life at the bottom of League !?) then we never looked back.

So it might be rough for a while more, but once we do get something, it will represent a huge change in fortune.

One is tempted to suggest that:

"When the going gets tough,... Kenny gets apathetic"

But despite having said it himself, he would probably winge about it, so perhaps better not...

46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Maybe. The Premier League is only 38 games long and we already have zero points from 6 with no aerial effectiveness. On the other hand Chris Hughton at one point when on a 10 game unbeaten run so maybe all is not lost? Maybe I am a pessimist but my guess is the first of these sentences will prove to be a better guide. I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

41 minutes ago, Badger said:

One is tempted to suggest that:

"When the going gets tough,... Kenny gets apathetic"

But despite having said it himself, he would probably winge about it, so perhaps better not...

Oh aren't you big and clever..? Your ignorance to situation we are in says everything about you. Seems like you revel in losing... I feel a bit sorry for you, in that you have to insult everyone who is not on plan.

If you don't understand what a second consecutive poor season in the top flight means to young local support you are clearly not as bright as you think.

You have a lovely afternoon fellow City fan.🙄 

Ps. I missed your net spend bit as once you start with the "LOOK I WILL EXPLAIN IT..." Sixth form tedious rubbish I switch off... Please do forgive me... 

Edited by Kenny Foggo

We are also miles behind Watford and that showed last week. 7 points behind Watford and 9 points behind Brentford already. 

If you keep peering over the fence you’ll go crazy. We’ve always had a “is the grass greener” complex, that’s why I created the “why aren’t we …” meme and it’s stuck all these years.

it’s fine to watch, and admire, but comparing will make you crazy. My advice would be to stop.

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Alright. Know you are chuffed with how things are going but the semi gloating nature of your posts is not necessary. Our sporting director said they were targeting athleticism as well (hardly insightful) we just seem to have screwed up by not signing it!

Sorry, not my intention at all. It’s a long season and a lot can change so you may be able to ram it all back when Farke gets it all to click. Two unimpressive wins was all it took for Arteta to get Arsenal to stop the rot and there are a lot of teams struggling to get points at the moment so it can change quickly. At best I know all we’ve done is get an early cushion and as we have a comparable set of games to your openers (WH away, Chelsea & Leicester at home) after which we could quite easily be level on points. Obviously I’m hopeful we can get something from those but it’ll be very hard, however well we’ve done so far. 

2 hours ago, Badger said:

The lesson therefore being that we are spending too much on players?

I thought most people were arguing the opposite?

I would actually agree with what Jim said below this post. I think our approach was a bit scattergun at trying to fill as many numbers as we could because we let go of so many players in the summer. 

I feel we’ve spent a lot of money yet not improved our first 11 whatsoever from last season. 

the point I was trying to make about both Brentford and Watford having a single player worth more than our squad is that they kept their match winner when they went up. Just having a player like Sarr or Toney in their side must give the rest of them so much confidence knowing they will get them points this season. I don’t see who our match winner is. 

Watford paid 3 million for Moussa Sissoko from Tottenham who’s won a World Cup, we paid the same for Lee’s-Melou I know what one I’d rather of taken. Everton paid 1.6 for Demarai Grey we paid 8 for Rashica again I know what one I’d of taken. I think we’ve over spent on under quality. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I mentioned at the time I was a bit confused by us choosing to spend a reported £5m of our limited budget on a back up keeper. Didn't feel the best use of resources.

Not when we could of got Willy Cabelero from Chelsea for free after his contract expired and would of instantly improved our first 11

13 hours ago, interwebme said:

I guess the issue is 19/20 we kept our identity and played the same way as the promotion season and that didn't end so well. 

Norwich really stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. Stick with something that didn't work? Or try to change to something else that might not work?

The only reason it didn’t work the first season we went up is we didn’t invest in premier league quality players. Had we added 4 premier league players mainly defensive ones which everyone knew before the season we’d of stayed up. 

if we stuck to our style from last season just again simply Added quality to the starting 11 we would be performing better. Sadly neither of those things have happened 

Of our 60 million spend 6 of that was on Giannoulis and 8 on Gibson which we were told came out of last seasons budget. So our true spend was 48. We’ve spent close to 10 million on loan fees. So incoming signings is now at 38. Which is ironically what we got for Buendia. Basically we have a net spend of 0 on actually players who the club have as assets. Of those 5 players that we’ve signed only Tzolis for me has shown like it might be a good investment. 

22 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Oh aren't you big and clever..? Your ignorance to situation we are in says everything about you. Seems like you revel in losing... I feel a bit sorry for you, in that you have to insult everyone who is not on plan.

If you don't understand what a second consecutive poor season in the top flight means to young local support you are clearly not as bright as you think.

You have a lovely afternoon fellow City fan

Once again you speak total nonsense - you total misconception of what I have have said can only be because of a refusal to read it! Instead you choose just to make it up.

1. You totally ignore my previous correction to your fiction - not that I'm surprised.

1 hour ago, Badger said:
1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

What I wrote is below - perhaps I had better help you by pointing it out - "Brentford however, made fewer sales so their net spend was slightly higher." Perhaps the phrase net spend confused you - if so look it up. Alternatively, you didn't actually read what was written - in which case, it's a bit stupid to criticise it, or place it within your (almost totally misinformed) preconceptions.

2. You then get annoyed when I quote your own words back at you

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

God I can feel the apathy

You  may have given up - but most of us haven't - perhaps you should form an apathy club and stop  trying to  bring the rest of us down with you. You don't seem to have the stomach for the struggle - your own posts reveal this. Most of us have not given up on the team or club like you have. What is wrong with that?

32 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Your ignorance to situation we are in

3. Your misconceptions continue. Do you think any Norwich fan is unaware of the situation we are in? Or is only the special breed, of which you are a member, who really understand like you do.

39 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Seems like you revel in losing.

4. A worst an outright lie; at best a crass misunderstanding of the majority of fans that want to get behind the team rather than constantly slag them off! Tell me one thing that you have achieved by doing it. 

Your choice Kenny, I am happy to quote from you point out what you have said and to quote it back to you, even though I suspect that you will, in response, continue to make things up about me and the majority of fans that want to support the team through a difficult time. Fortunately, nearly everybody ignores these pointless spats, but I'm not in the mood to let you just make things up about Norwich fans including myself!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I would actually agree with what Jim said below this post. I think our approach was a bit scattergun at trying to fill as many numbers as we could because we let go of so many players in the summer. 

I feel we’ve spent a lot of money yet not improved our first 11 whatsoever from last season. 

Yes HoIC, I did more or less agree with Jim on this (not a frequent occurrence 😀). I retain some hope that some of them will come good when they settle - time will tell, but at the moment, it does look like we have bought too many players to integrate at once. 

With regards the other statement, I think we paid more for LM than Watford did for Sissoko, but his wages will be much higher. I have written quite a lot about this elsewhere, but in essence it is a gamble they took after selling their best midfield player. I doubt he would have wanted to go to Watford as a newly promoted club, but nobody else was prepared to pay him the last big pay cheque he required. That is not to say it won't work, time will tell.

I don't think that there was a snowball's chance that Grey would have signed for Norwich if Everton were interested. 

18 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Watford paid 3 million for Moussa Sissoko from Tottenham who’s won a World Cup, we paid the same for Lee’s-Melou I know what one I’d rather of taken. Everton paid 1.6 for Demarai Grey we paid 8 for Rashica again I know what one I’d of taken. I think we’ve over spent on under quality. 

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

With regards the other statement, I think we paid more for LM than Watford did for Sissoko, but his wages will be much higher. I have written quite a lot about this elsewhere, but in essence it is a gamble they took after selling their best midfield player. I doubt he would have wanted to go to Watford as a newly promoted club, but nobody else was prepared to pay him the last big pay cheque he required. That is not to say it won't work, time will tell.

I don't think that there was a snowball's chance that Grey would have signed for Norwich if Everton were interested. 

Money talks and BS walks as they say. We spent 8 million on Rashica If we’ve spent 1.6 on Grey we could of used the rest of that money to pay him 80k a week and still been in profit over a year. 

Edited by By Hook or Ian crook

18 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Of our 60 million spend 6 of that was on Giannoulis and 8 on Gibson which we were told came out of last seasons budget. So our true spend was 48. We’ve spent close to 10 million on loan fees. So incoming signings is now at 38. Which is ironically what we got for Buendia. Basically we have a net spend of 0 on actually players who the club have as assets. Of those 5 players that we’ve signed only Tzolis for me has shown like it might be a good investment. 

I know it's not perfect, but it is objective. We have spent £60 million in this window (net spend £25). Whether it is well-spent time will tell, but it is not an encouraging start.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/startseite/verein/1123

TRANSFER RECORD

Income/Expenditure Arrivals/Departures Fee
Overall balance £-24.98m
Income 24 £34.56m
Expenditure 26 £59.54m

6 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Money talks and BS walks as they say. We spent 8 million on Rashica If we’ve spent 1.6 on Grey we could of used the rest of that money to pay him 80k a week and still been in profit over a year. 

I don't think that Grey would have signed for us if Everton were interested. Obviously I can't say that I know this, but I would take a lot of convincing to change my mind on this view and would certainly require supporting evidence.

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think I am.

Edited by Badger
Added last sentence

7 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We would have been far better spending part of the £25m giving Buendia the £80k he wanted to stay. You have to pay the going rate in any business to keep and attract the best talent. He was under contract no reason to sell. Feel for Farke as selling Buendia seriously undermined his chance to stay up.

27 minutes ago, Badger said:

Once again you speak total nonsense - you total misconception of what I have have said can only be because of a refusal to read it! Instead you choose just to make it up.

1. You totally ignore my previous correction to your fiction - not that I'm surprised.

2. You then get annoyed when I quote your own words back at you

You  may have given up - but most of us haven't - perhaps you should form an apathy club and stop  trying to  bring the rest of us down with you. You don't seem to have the stomach for the struggle - your own posts reveal this. Most of us have not given up on the team or club like you have. What is wrong with that?

3. Your misconceptions continue. Do you think any Norwich fan is unaware of the situation we are in? Or is only the special breed, of which you are a member, who really understand like you do.

4. A worst an outright lie; at best a crass misunderstanding of the majority of fans that want to get behind the team rather than constantly slag them off! Tell me one thing that you have achieved by doing it. 

Your choice Kenny, I am happy to quote from you point out what you have said and to quote it back to you, even though I suspect that you will, in response, continue to make things up about me and the majority of fans that want to support the team through a difficult time. Fortunately, nearly everybody ignores these pointless spats, but I'm not in the mood to let you just make things up about Norwich fans including myself!

Ps putting stuff in bold doesn't mean I pay any attention to what you post. When you start with a reasonable attitude I will give you the same respect.

We got rid of Chase. You would probably would have posted "but who else is there"...Thanks 🤣

Forgot you were the voice for the majority of fans.. I just post for myself. May get it wrong, may het it right but definitely not arrogant enough to think I speak for anyone other than myself..xxx 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Totally this ^^^ 

If is no good. We haven’t got time to wait half a season for them to settle and we never did have that time. 

1 hour ago, aBee said:

Sorry, not my intention at all. It’s a long season and a lot can change so you may be able to ram it all back when Farke gets it all to click. Two unimpressive wins was all it took for Arteta to get Arsenal to stop the rot and there are a lot of teams struggling to get points at the moment so it can change quickly. At best I know all we’ve done is get an early cushion and as we have a comparable set of games to your openers (WH away, Chelsea & Leicester at home) after which we could quite easily be level on points. Obviously I’m hopeful we can get something from those but it’ll be very hard, however well we’ve done so far. 

Apologies also. I’m a bit grumpy and touchy after our 6 defeats. Probably misread the intention behind your posts.