6 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Norwich go into games fearing the opposition, not believing in the game plan and collapse when they go 1 down. Brentford and Watford don’t really have much better players than us but they have belief that they can beat anyone and start the games expecting to win and they all understand the game plan and play to it. Farke and his coaches have to be held accountable and clearly they are not getting the right mentality and buy in or understanding of the game plan from the players

IMO, Watford & Brentford both have taller, more physical players, that can just bully Norwich off the ball.
We came up against quite a few teams like that 2 seasons ago... and lost.

I doubt we'll get anything against Brentford.

This is what we could and should have been like. Must admit I had Brentford down as one of the 3 clubs who would be worse than us but they have started brilliantly and and are already looking safe.

Can't see much change in that bottom 5 now.

12 minutes ago, Badger said:

To be fair, I think that we exhausted Liverpool midweek, so it's a good time for Brentford too play them

đŸ˜‰

NCFC failed to exhaust Liverpool reserves!!

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

IMO, Watford & Brentford both have taller, more physical players, that can just bully Norwich off the ball.
We came up against quite a few teams like that 2 seasons ago... and lost.

I doubt we'll get anything against Brentford.

It doesn’t look like we will get much against any of the teams this season. You are correct in saying they are more physical and we all saw that weakness last time in this league, for that, Webber has to take some flack for again missing the need for physically better players. 

We are also told that we expected to lose the Liverpool at home game and be on 0 points before we played Watford. We are absolutely embarrassing at this level. 

A losers mentality, naive and absolutely stupid playing philosophy for our position and we somehow think we don't need physical, athletic players in this league and can pass through teams with slow, predictable passing patterns to feet played at 3mph.

Farke and Webber etc are not stupid, so how is it possible for them to have been so incredibly naive and deluded going into this season? Every other club has figured out that you need to play a high intensity game and exploit counter attacks and set pieces whenever possible, that you need fast, strong, athletic players and that being having a nice, passive mentality is a flaw at this level? Every other club has figured it out except for us (and Fulham seemingly who also persist with playing ridiculous football although they're not as naive as us)

Why is it that Brentford didn't need a whole season culminating in an embarrassing relegation to come to these realizations? It's so depressing watching other clubs get it right while we refuse to accept reality and get with the times and stubbornly swim against the tide for no reason other than seemingly ideological reasons. 

25 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

3-3 final score. Cracking match. Well done Brentford. That’s the way to do it! No capitulation there!

Why can’t we be Brentford?

54 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Many players are 'not good enough' at one club in their early twenties before doing well at a similar sized or bigger club later in their career, and it's not necessarily the fault of the club where he failed at. 

There are a few valid sticks to beat the club with right now but the fact that Canos has come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two isn't one of them.

It isn't a stick for the club you're right, it's a stick tp further show how out of his depth Alex Neil was. 

Brentford Play as a Team the Manager has the tactics spot on 

Toney upfront is a real handful stronger and more mobile  Than our Front line 

Good Luck to them shows our board what can be done 

30 minutes ago, percy varco said:

A bustling team that want it more. Simple as that

They seem to have more fitness and energy that's for sure. Contrast us who already looked shagged out and have no hope of pressing the better teams. Plus we now have Normann with a hamstring injury, possibly Williams too and Sargent's been a wreck since returning from the US and due to go back there the week after next.

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sergi Canos - A fair few on here claiming he wasn't good enough for Norwich, Hoggy springs to mind!

Looking very comfortable at this level. 

Pretty much sums up how little some of these happy clappers know about football.... he also rates PlachetaÂ đŸ˜‚

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Brentford Play as a Team the Manager has the tactics spot on 

Toney upfront is a real handful stronger and more mobile  Than our Front line 

Good Luck to them shows our board what can be done 

Will they take any notice though? I'd imagine they'll just indignantly equate their success to not being constrained by having a self funding model while ignoring what they're getting right on the pitch. 

After our failure to learn from what was glaringly obviously wrong from the season before the last I have my doubts that the board are capable of learning from other clubs. 

• Like 1

It's really f***ing simple: Brentford haven't abandoned the footballing identity which got them promoted and Norwich have. While they maintained their attacking philosophy, we ripped up our system and attempted to do something entirely different.

I am genuinely baffled as to why Farke keeps d*cking around with these new formations and stubbornly refuses to even countenance the idea that we might use what worked so incredibly well last season.

Watching the success of Leeds, Villa, Brentford and even Sheffield United (before they imploded) is sickening. We could have come out guns blazing and caused teams real problems. Instead we've become a nothing team with absolutely no threat going forward.

The worst thing is that we're so incredibly boring to watch. We have nothing about us anymore. We're totally hamstrung. While the opening fixtures should have been a free hit, we instead tried to become something we're not and, in doing so, we've forgotten what we were. 

Edited by Petriix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It was a cracking game! Hats off to Brentford, they made their own luck but always carried a threat.  Liverpool could’ve had 8, but didn’t. They’ve got the momentum and the belief, but eventually they will come back down to earth. 

1 hour ago, Helsinki canary said:

Norwich go into games fearing the opposition, not believing in the game plan and collapse when they go 1 down. Brentford and Watford don’t really have much better players than us but they have belief that they can beat anyone and start the games expecting to win and they all understand the game plan and play to it. Farke and his coaches have to be held accountable and clearly they are not getting the right mentality and buy in or understanding of the game plan from the players

You are joking aren’t you? Toney and Sarr on their own are worth more than our entire squad

5 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's really f***ing simple: Brentford haven't abandoned the footballing identity which got them promoted and Norwich have. While they maintained their attacking philosophy, we ripped up our system and attempted to do something entirely different.

I am genuinely baffled as to why Farke keeps d*cking around with these new formations and stubbornly refuses to even countenance the idea that we might use what worked so incredibly well last season.

Watching the success of Leeds, Villa, Brentford and even Sheffield United (before they imploded) is sickening. We could have come out guns blazing and caused teams real problem. Instead we've become a nothing team with absolutely no threat going forward.

The worst thing is that we're so incredibly boring to watch. We have nothing about us anymore. We're totally hamstrung. While the opening fixtures should have been a free hit, we instead tried to become something we're not and, in doing so, we've forgotten what we were. 

We sold our best player really says we want to stay in this league. And if we go down we will sell our remaining best players again. 

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Had we spent 50 million on 4 players rather than 9 I think we’d be in better shape to be honest. 

Could not agree more.

most of our spend may be wasted.

They've started brightly no doubt, but I'd be very surprised if they don't come straight back down. It's a long season & 3 teams have to drop. As our losses tick by and confidence drains away, sadly it's looking increasingly likely it's ourselves + 2. 

The only player so far that looks like they have improved our first 11 from last year is Normann. Having gotten rid of Buendia we should of at least kept Vrancic who was arguably our second most creative player but nope all sense went out the window. 

if we saved the loan fee for Gilmour we could of gotten Ajer who looks the real deal. Mind you, I guess you’re only as good at the coaching you’re being given. 

lots of players have been found from who could of added pace and athleticism Leicester got Kante for next to nothing when they found him. Sarr likewise with Watford. Toney for Brentford. I could go on for players brought for less than we have wasted who seem to be lightweight. 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Many players are 'not good enough' at one club in their early twenties before doing well at a similar sized or bigger club later in their career, and it's not necessarily the fault of the club where he failed at. 

There are a few valid sticks to beat the club with right now but the fact that Canos has come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two isn't one of them.

So Brentford equal or bigger size club than NCFC, how small are we getting, Brentford average gate over last 10 years about 10k, N CFC 26k. Doh

4 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

They've started brightly no doubt, but I'd be very surprised if they don't come straight back down. It's a long season & 3 teams have to drop. As our losses tick by and confidence drains away, sadly it's looking increasingly likely it's ourselves + 2. 

i don't think they will go down , i agree it is a long season but they have had a cracking start 

they are playing with Confidence , anything can happen but if they keep their main players fit i am sure they will be safe 

22 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The only player so far that looks like they have improved our first 11 from last year is Normann. Having gotten rid of Buendia we should of at least kept Vrancic who was arguably our second most creative player but nope all sense went out the window. 

if we saved the loan fee for Gilmour we could of gotten Ajer who looks the real deal. Mind you, I guess you’re only as good at the coaching you’re being given. 

lots of players have been found from who could of added pace and athleticism Leicester got Kante for next to nothing when they found him. Sarr likewise with Watford. Toney for Brentford. I could go on for players brought for less than we have wasted who seem to be lightweight. 

Watford paid £40 million for Sarr

37 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You are joking aren’t you? Toney and Sarr on their own are worth more than our entire squad

Toney cost 3 million quid less than Sargent.