Ken Hairy

Have you changed your mind?

16 minutes ago, duke63 said:

If we want to stay up, then I think Hodgson is the best option. He will, at the very least, stop us leaking goals  

At least we would be able to understand Woy.

1 minute ago, Highland Canary said:

Farke hasn’t lost the away crowd yet. The few shouts of Farke out were met by similar shouts of Farke in. So he’s still got credit in the bank - this group tends to turn first.

The fact that there even was shouts of Farke out from the away support proves this is now the end, or rather should be 

I think the next two games will make or break Farke's season. If we still have zero points after Burnley and Brighton, then its time for a change.

This group of players should not been bottom of the League with no points and only one goal from open play after 6 games.

3 hours ago, Clever Farke said:

No, there was real progress today.  A game plan that would’ve worked but for 2 mind numbing mistakes. Looking good for Burnley. We will stay up. Thank you. 

ITFC Fan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1902 said:

* I have no idea why you win the chumps - which is not pushover league- but are just so hopeless in the Prem. "

I just think he gets great football out of teams who are good but can't play the kind of football needed to keep you up.

When you think about it, Farkes career has been coaching Dortmund's youth (so time of the best that Germany has to offer), then a Norwich side that was qualitatively better than the entire division.

Give him a talented top four side, he could win the Premier League. Give him Rotherham in their many excursions to the Championship, and their would be no doubt he'd get them relegated.

He's a good coach, but he seems a football purist to me and that doesn't lend itself to a dog fight at the bottom of the table.

Spot on! Almost exactly two years ago we lost (as usual), 2-0 (as usual) away to Burnley. I remember so clearly the post match interviews with Rake and Old Gravel voice on MOTD. Fake said..........'I cannot believe who we lost zis game when we had x% possession'. Same interviewer then spoke to Old Gravel voice and repeated what Farke had just said. This was the response..........'is that what he said? Well, the last time I checked the rules, the aim of the game is to put the ball between those two metal posts and underneath that metal bar. We did that twice. They didn't. End of story'    

Forget COVID, disruption to pre season, 'Emi' leaving, team not yet gelling, players not yet settling in, individual mistakes, manager changing from last season's formation etc. etc. This is all peripheral stuff. What we have is a 'coach' who believes totally in possession based football and is at a loss to fathom how a team who has superior possession stats. can come way with nil points. It's like a boxer who was winning every round on points but then gets knocked out in the last round.  

• Like 1

Fixtures coming up:

Burnley(a)

Brighton(h)

Chelsea(a)

Leeds(h)

Brentford(a)

Southampton (h)

Wolves(h)

Takes us up to the end of November. There are some crucial games and have to have the right manager in for those.

Hopefully we'll pick up points in our next 2 matches but if we don't then the action seems pretty obvious.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fixtures coming up:

Burnley(a)

Brighton(h)

Chelsea(a)

Leeds(h)

Brentford(a)

Southampton (h)

Wolves(h)

Takes us up to the end of November. There are some crucial games and have to have the right manager in for those.

Hopefully we'll pick up points in our next 2 matches but if we don't then the action seems pretty obvious.

By that point with that group of matches a par score for staying up is 19 points

Unless somehow we manage to stop losing in the next two games then I feel Farke will say goodbye after the Brighton game especially if the fans 'start to turn'. He won't hang around whilst the whole thing falls apart much as The Cook and Webber will want him to. We will then get the blame from an embittered Cook who will savage us for ..........'driving Daniel away' and for 'being so ungrateful'.

I know there are some on here who hate tagging the stats from our Prem season 2 years ago onto this one.  I have previously posted the stats from our last 44 PL games, however, for me, the stats from our last 16 games Prem games are the starkest indicator that we are in all likelihood not going to stay up and certainly not under Farke. 

It is not just 16 straight PL defeats on paper, but for me it is the manner of those defeats.  In how many of these games have we been remotely competitive?

P16 W0 D0 L16 F3 A40 GD-37

16 games, no points, only 3 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.  During this period we have conceded goals at a rate of 2.5 goals per game and we have scored goals at a rate of 0.19 goals per game. 

There is currently zero evidence that Farke can or will turn this form around and it would take one almighty turnaround at that.

It is simply not possible for anybody to try and sugar coat those stats and I see no benefit to the football club in anybody attempting to do so.

Our last 16 PL games are truly, truly shocking.  We have become the San Marino of the Premier League.

• Thanks 1

Hypothetically, if we draw our next two games against Burnley and Brighton, is that a sign that a corner has been turned and that Farke should be given more time or is it just prolonging the decision?

What do we need out of these next two games to make it viable to give him more time?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

What do we need out of these next two games to make it viable to give him more time?

Create more chances from open play, continue the defensive improvement 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

Hypothetically, if we draw our next two games against Burnley and Brighton, is that a sign that a corner has been turned and that Farke should be given more time or is it just prolonging the decision?

We either need 2 wins to show he's capable of sorting this or 2 defeats to make it untenable 

Anything else is prolonging the inevitable. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I am 100% Farke in and I will keep being it unless he does something horrible and unethical

Look we all love Farke, but that is just blind faith which is never a good thing 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Look we all love Farke, but that is just blind faith which is never a good thing 

In life you always need someone to blindly believe in you. Whether it be a partner, a parent, a child or me. I believe Daniel Farke is the best man for this job

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Clever Farke said:

No, there was real progress today.  A game plan that would’ve worked but for 2 mind numbing mistakes. Looking good for Burnley. We will stay up. Thank you. 

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking

1 hour ago, shruk4 said:

I am 100% Farke in and I will keep being it unless he does something horrible and unethical

Is it not about how NCFC does as a club as opposed to Farke the person?

5 hours ago, Clever Farke said:

There is no one better than Farke to work with the players we have. The reality is we have made our bed and have to lie in it. Self funded club as we are. 

Point against Sheff Wed today? What ya reckon? 

5 hours ago, VillaFan said:

The vibe was not to sack Wilder as he had been so good for them previously. They left it way too late, things didn't turn around and they returned to the Championship. 

They left what too late? They never sacked Wilder, he resigned and then asked for a pay off 😁

But if he'd stayed, do you think they'd currently be 11th in the Championship or somewhere near the top?

And this is what we have to contend with, if we replace Farke and still go down, are we not waving goodbye to somebody who knows how to get out of the Championship?

Might be in our interest to give him a bit more time, our first 5 fixtures were somewhat unkind.

No. I said in another thread that considering how he got the team up from the Championship with a record points total, and is now having to somewhat rebuild in the light of his best player wanting out, and another key player being back with their parent club, Farke's in the highly unusual position of having something of a rebuilding job whilst having got a team promoted the previous season. Covid hitting his preparations harder than most didn't help, then chuck in the opening fixture list from hell whilst trying to gel several new players in at once and we've got the perfect storm here.

Even then, we were two close calls away from getting points against Leicester and Arsenal, had spells against Liverpool where we looked quite decent and today in this second half I thought we looked like we were getting closer. We weren't as vulnerable defensively as we had been, and if McLean hadn't dropped his second ricket to cause a goal in two games the game was set for a finish as we were coming on strongly.

The team's clearly very much playing for Farke, but they're also clearly still a bit uncertain and lacking in a bit of belief. We had spells like this last season and indeed in the previous Championship-winning season, and it often needed a slightly streaky one-goal win from somewhere and they looked a different, more confident side after that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

In my personal opinion, a minimum of two points (tempted to say 3 but 2 is probably enough).

Show he can actually grind out a result or two and he deserves more time in my opinion.

He gets nothing from the next two games though and what I want is irrelevant, I think the atmosphere will turn toxic. I don’t think one draw is enough for most people either.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

No. I said in another thread that considering how he got the team up from the Championship with a record points total, and is now having to somewhat rebuild in the light of his best player wanting out

Fact that Emi wanted out should tell us a lot about the ambitions of the club though.  Most other promoted teams kept their talent and added to it, and even the likes of Billing decided to stay at Bournemouth.  In fact, we were in for Cahill and he joined them as he didn't want to be losing every week.

There's clearly a belief around the players and staff here that we don't have genuine ambitions of survival, or players would be more willing to dig in for the season and not jump ship at the slightest sparkle of light to escape.

It's also all around the media too.  We just give vibes of self pity because we're self funded - and it's BS really as that is off the field, our team is better than they're playing - but that mentality is starting to become ingrained in everyone.

I appreciate that being a Top 26 team is setting realistic aims for what we are, but it's also not placing any urgent desire on being top 16/17 which fans are demanding, and players need for committing themselves to the club.

Just now, Google Bot said:

Fact that Emi wanted out should tell us a lot about the ambitions of the club though.  Most other promoted teams kept their talent and added to it, and even the likes of Billing decided to stay at Bournemouth.  In fact, we were in for Cahill and he joined them as he didn't want to be losing every week.

There's clearly a belief around the players and staff here that we don't have genuine ambitions of survival, or players would be more willing to dig in for the season and not jump ship at the slightest sparkle of light to escape.

It's also all around the media too.  We just give vibes of self pity because we're self funded - and it's BS really as that is off the field, our team is better than they're playing - but that mentality is starting to become ingrained in everyone.

I appreciate that being a Top 26 team is setting realistic aims for what we are, but it's also not placing any urgent desire on being top 16/17 which fans are demanding, and players need for committing themselves to the club.

Not convinced about the bit in bold, in fact I'd say it was more surprising that he stayed after the first relegation. He'd apparently, according to an Athletic article, been pretty much asking all last season for a move. As for Cahill, Bournemouth is easier for him to get to bearing in mind he was with Palace. Not sure it's all about losing every week and more a move that's less upheaval for him.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not convinced about the bit in bold, in fact I'd say it was more surprising that he stayed after the first relegation.

Why? He's part of the team that got relegated, and contracted to the club.  We had a strong side and there was every chance of bouncing straight up.

Are you implying that he had little belief in us returning and/or establishing in the top flight? Or that he just wanted out as he didn't fancy the championship? Or just money?  I mean, if it's money - again, it shows lack of ambition if we can't pay someone who's carrying most of the team (As proven when he was out).

according to an Athletic article, been pretty much asking all last season for a move.

Exactly my point, he couldn't wait to get away. As above, it's the "Why" players do this as soon as there's glimpse of light yet other promoted teams appear to hold on to their assets.  And here's us on zero points after 6 games.  Coincidence? 🙂

As for Cahill, Bournemouth is easier for him to get to bearing in mind he was with Palace. Not sure it's all about losing every week and more a move that's less upheaval for him.

I'm only going by what he said and to quote:-

“This isn't me being disrespectful, but the teams that I would have gone to, I would maybe have been losing more games than winning."  I mean, whether that's cover for not wanting to relocate too far, I don't know.. It's a strange, somewhat disingenuous swipe to take for no reason I feel.

Add to that the media who say we're not really trying, pundits who feel that we're taking the money, youtube fan channels who dismiss as even being a valid prem team.  It's endless the vibes we put out.

Edited by Google Bot

I have moved from undecided to enough now, time for a change. The players we have are capable of doing better. It’s not the fact we have 0 points or that Farkes setting new unwanted records each week, it’s that the players simply are not prepared and every week some new formation or selection compounds this uncertainty running through the squad. He’s been found out at this level and the proof is in the results.
Webber must take a massive amount of blame too. We didn’t need 11 new players, we needed 3-4 better quality ones. We should not have sold Emi, and before the band of ‘he wanted to go’ people jump on that, BS, Emi has no love for Aston Villa, no burning desire to pull on the claret, he went for the money and we should of paid him that money here!

• Like 1

Just now, Son Ova Gunn said:

he went for the money and we should of paid him that money here!

Just think of the money and hassle we would've saved if we gave him what he's worth too.  This is why it doesn't even fit into the self funded money argument when you're getting 100m+ for survival.

53 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

Is it not about how NCFC does as a club as opposed to Farke the person?

I just trust him that much

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Why? He's part of the team that got relegated, and contracted to the club.  We had a strong side and there was every chance of bouncing straight up.

Are you implying that he had little belief in us returning and/or establishing in the top flight? Or that he just wanted out as he didn't fancy the championship? Or just money?  I mean, if it's money - again, it shows lack of ambition if we can't pay someone who's carrying most of the team (As proven when he was out).

Exactly my point, he couldn't wait to get away. As above, it's the "Why" players do this as soon as there's glimpse of light yet other promoted teams appear to hold on to their assets.  And here's us on zero points after 6 games.  Coincidence? 🙂

I'm only going by what he said and to quote:-

“This isn't me being disrespectful, but the teams that I would have gone to, I would maybe have been losing more games than winning."  I mean, whether that's cover for not wanting to relocate too far, I don't know.. It's a strange, somewhat disingenuous swipe to take for no reason I feel.

Add to that the media who say we're not really trying, pundits who feel that we're taking the money, youtube fan channels who dismiss as even being a valid prem team.  It's endless the vibes we put out.

No, we cannot afford £80K for one player a week, which is his new wage at Villa. If we paid him that, you can safely bet we'd have to up the wages of practically everyone else in the team otherwise the team spirit, which Farke has always put so much store by, would be wrecked. I suspect Buendia didn't fancy going around the Championship again but as the bids weren't forthcoming, he had no choice. And the more I mull it over, the more I think that tigerish nature he had was his way of showing "I will be good enough for this move!"

Also, don't forget how rare it is for relegated Premier League teams to come back up the next season. Only about one-in-five IIRC. Very few manage it as champs, but we did - in some style.

Relegated clubs selling their best players is nothing new. A promoted club selling their best player is unusual, mainly as usually their best player got sold before that point.

So, the lack of money isn't really a lack of ambition. If anything, I'd say selling your best player and trying to rebuild your team is very ambitious in its own right. I didn't know Cahill said that though, but bearing in mind he'd spent time at Palace in close/ish relegation battles, I can't blame him for dropping down a division in a likely promotion race at the back end of his career instead.