Ken Hairy

Have you changed your mind?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the self funded club mantra has gone on long enough. It doesn't excuse right now.

It is never an excuse for failure: it is generally an advantage (billionaire donors excepted).

7 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

There is no one better than Farke to work with the players we have. The reality is we have made our bed and have to lie in it. Self funded club as we are. 

Not sure if thats true....nobody would ever change their manager if this was the case

11 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

This is a very different situation sadly imho.

Last time we went up and that team played during the season and went down plucky but not good enough.

This time we went up and a load of the team have gone (maybe worse) a lot of them are on loan and again imho we are worse than the last time we where here so far as a team.

Less committed players, no Emi, Pukki older..... no guarantees.

Its Delia's money but from my ignorant seat I would consider it less of a risk rolling the dice now than assuming we will go up again.

Farke stays we are definitely down (unless some form of miracle) as it stands .

Also, there a a few relegation release and probably buy-out clauses, so I feel we’d be stripped of our new signings.

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

Absolutely there is. But we’re not talking about sacking any manage here, are we? We’re talking about sacking a manager that has produced some of the most memorable football we’ve seen for years. There is a lot of sentiment attached to this decision and it will be a sad day if he does get the push or even chose to walk 

He has brought great joy to us for two out of five seasons, well four and a bit.

Two of those seasons were absolutely dire with one or two exciting bits here and there.

I really hoped he could do something this year as he seems to personify what the club represents.

But I have been told time and time again I am a dinosaur and football has moved on. So modern football appears to be all about being in the Prem. So if that is the be all then we need someone who can achieve that. And as much as I admire him, DF doesn't appear to be that man

5 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

There is no one better than Farke to work with the players we have. The reality is we have made our bed and have to lie in it. Self funded club as we are. 

The monkeys are fine, certainly not the worst in the league, but the organ grinder keeps trying to play a different tune every match.

It feels he's lost faith in his own methods. 6 games in and we're nowhere near knowing what our best defence is, let alone other areas of the pitch. 

13 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I don’t  think it’s about changing your mind . It’s about the facts occurring at the time you form your opinion. 

We go up . We play outstanding football in achieving the title . Farke deserves the plaudits. 

We go down . We have an unprecedented run of results at the end of the season , and go down with a wimper 

We go back up. We play , in my opinion , even better football than the previous championship winning side . 

And then we lose 6 in a row. The coach has not demonstrated at any time his ability to consistently compete in the league . I have no idea why you win the chumps - which is not pushover league- but are just so hopeless in the Prem. 

The question is …. How long can you leave it ? I don’t know , but I do know that the Club is a professional organisation that simply cannot accept failure over and over again. There has to be a line . Depends where the Board thinks that line is . 

* I have no idea why you win the chumps - which is not pushover league- but are just so hopeless in the Prem. "

I just think he gets great football out of teams who are good but can't play the kind of football needed to keep you up.

When you think about it, Farkes career has been coaching Dortmund's youth (so time of the best that Germany has to offer), then a Norwich side that was qualitatively better than the entire division.

Give him a talented top four side, he could win the Premier League. Give him Rotherham in their many excursions to the Championship, and their would be no doubt he'd get them relegated.

He's a good coach, but he seems a football purist to me and that doesn't lend itself to a dog fight at the bottom of the table.

Edited by 1902

It doesn’t help seeing Brentford adapt so well. A team we were head and shoulders above last season are taking to it like a duck to water. Just gone 1-0 up against Liverpool as well…

1-1 now

Edited by Virtual reality

16 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

This is a very different situation sadly imho.

Last time we went up and that team played during the season and went down plucky but not good enough.

This time we went up and a load of the team have gone (maybe worse) a lot of them are on loan and again imho we are worse than the last time we where here so far as a team.

Less committed players, no Emi, Pukki older..... no guarantees.

Its Delia's money but from my ignorant seat I would consider it less of a risk rolling the dice now than assuming we will go up again.

Farke stays we are definitely down (unless some form of miracle) as it stands .

Dr Evil Right GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the self funded club mantra has gone on long enough. It doesn't excuse right now. We brought in many new players but sold our best ones.

How do we change the mantra? What I saw today was a decent effort undermined by 2 moments of ineptitude.  We are improving because it’s usually more that 2. 
I think we are not far off cracking it.  Today’s performance was the first this season to give me any hope they can do this. Just don’t think it’s time to throw in the towel yet.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Norwich won’t sack him , but don’t putit past DF to stand down. I really think he is man enough to allow someone else do it if he thinks he can’t.

But do I want him to go…. Absolutely not . Should he go ? Not yet. 

• Like 1

I've never wanted a Norwich manager to turn it around as much as I do with Farke. 

Despite the blindingly obvious shortfalls, I just really want it to work. 

I don't think I'll ever be in the Farke out camp. I mean, if I'm not now, I'm never going to be - am I?

30 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Since TVBs poll have you changed your opinion? 

There’s an easy way to find out…

5 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Norwich won’t sack him , but don’t putit past DF to stand down. I really think he is man enough to allow someone else do it if he thinks he can’t.

But do I want him to go…. Absolutely not . Should he go ? Not yet. 

Club just gave him a 4 year contract, he’d be an absolute idiot to resign without agreeing some form of mutual termination.

if the next two games end up with us Nil and the other team scoring, then i think his time is up.

That's assuming the club want to make a go of staying up this time.

Villa Fan ie peace...

I had hoped u guys would win today but unfortunately it was not to be. Your predicament reminds me of Sheffield Utd last season. The vibe was not to sack Wilder as he had been so good for them previously. They left it way too late, things didn't turn around and they returned to the Championship. NCFC have a massive task trying to stay in this division after the start you have had and leaving Farke at the helm will only cement your relegation spot. In my opinion you need to sack him now if you want any glimmer of a hope for survival.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He will, rightly,  be given more time.

That's exactly what the Blades fans said last season

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If we are to get rid of him I just hope the club is brave enough to make the decision before it gets ugly. We always leave it too late and let things become nasty and spoil the relationship when it's clear as day we need a change. Look at what happened with Worthy, Hughton and Neil, none of them deserved the vitriol they got towards the end, but people just got so frustrated at the club for not being brave enough to make the decision and it spilt over and the managers got abuse and  suffered for it. I think back to the Worthy out posters and Hughton having something thrown at him by the fans and I'm still embarrassed by it but it was the clubs fault it happened. I'm hoping it never gets to that stage with Farke but knowing the club like I do I'm not optimistic to be honest 

Couldn't agree with you more. Sadly the with clubs previous on this it's likely to get messy. You can already sense a change for the worse in the air when at the ground. 

He is out of his depth at this level and so is his backroom staff.

Too much empahasis on looking at stats and computer screens and not enough time watching boots on grass.

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think that was true when he assembled a squad full of Germans, including a few that he already knew personally, not so much anymore. 

I get the feeling the new lads do not buy into him at all. 

My choice, right or wrongly would be Mark Robins.... I await the ripping of that suggestion to begin 😁

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

My choice, right or wrongly would be Mark Robins.... I await the ripping of that suggestion to begin 😁

I'm not going to critisize you or anyone else for their suggestions because there is merit in it. Robins has a connection to this club, is gettable and has done fantastically well at Coventry. 

But what he's done there has taken years to build and in many ways in terms of temperament and playing style he is very similar to Farke. If we did make a change we would need someone to 1. come in and make an impact and 2. probably have a different footballing philosophy that would make us more competitive at this level. Robins would be a good choice if we wanted continuity though if Farke was poached away for example. 

I can see a lot of fans calling for Robins to be honest so I don't think you'll be the only one, but I just think it would be a bad idea. I think we need a manger that plays a much higher intensity of football and likes to get the ball forward quicker, not long ball like how you would associate it with McCarthy, but like how Hassenhutl's Southampton or Ismael's Barnsley played last year. I think that would be perfect for us. It's entertaining and works well for inferior teams. 

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not from me.... sound choice and deserves a crack at the big time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If it comes to that Robins is the stand out candidate. 

• Like 1

If we want to stay up, then I think Hodgson is the best option. He will, at the very least, stop us leaking goals  

Farke hasn’t lost the away crowd yet. The few shouts of Farke out were met by similar shouts of Farke in. So he’s still got credit in the bank - this group tends to turn first.