Ken Hairy

Have you changed your mind?

Since TVBs poll have you changed your opinion? 

I was in the undecided camp, but sadly I'm now 100% in the Farke should go camp. I'll never chant against him after what he's done at a lower level, but he's not cut out for this level, and just like with players you remove any who won't make the step up. 

I get the argument for keeping him to get us back up, but I wouldn't be able to stomach a 3rd attempt at this. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I was in the undecided camp, but sadly I'm now 100% in the Farke should go camp. I'll never chant against him after what he's done at a lower level, but he's not cut out for this level, and just like with players you remove any who won't make the step up. 

I get the argument for keeping him to get us back up, but I wouldn't be able to stomach a 3rd attempt at this. 

Yes, I've moved from the "more time" to "sack now" camp after seeing the starting XI, he has no real plan and it looked desperate. It is sad as I like him, but he is out of his depth and didn't learn enough last time in this league. 

Eddie Howe or Frank Lampard please. 

I'm still undecided. Didn't vote for more time as for some on here that means well into next year. If he can get something out of the next 2 games then more time looks realistic. Lose both of those and we have to look elsewhere imo.

• Like 1

You get the feeling that the club stands at a crossroads now. If we stick with Farke we will go down, but he has proven himself as the perfect manager to regain promotion again. The problem with that is what’s the point? We’re an absolute embarrassment at this level under his guidance. So do we twist and change now and hope that we appoint someone who can turn this around and keep us in the league? I’m still in the undecided camp but as the weeks go by and the defeats continue its getting increasingly hard to see how he can survive such a run

If we are to get rid of him I just hope the club is brave enough to make the decision before it gets ugly. We always leave it too late and let things become nasty and spoil the relationship when it's clear as day we need a change. Look at what happened with Worthy, Hughton and Neil, none of them deserved the vitriol they got towards the end, but people just got so frustrated at the club for not being brave enough to make the decision and it spilt over and the managers got abuse and  suffered for it. I think back to the Worthy out posters and Hughton having something thrown at him by the fans and I'm still embarrassed by it but it was the clubs fault it happened. I'm hoping it never gets to that stage with Farke but knowing the club like I do I'm not optimistic to be honest 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 4

I'm just going to go with the populist vote whatever that is......I don't want people being nasty an' horrible to me because I'm a rather sensitive soul.....

No, there was real progress today.  A game plan that would’ve worked but for 2 mind numbing mistakes. Looking good for Burnley. We will stay up. Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, I've moved from the "more time" to "sack now" camp after seeing the starting XI, he has no real plan and it looked desperate. It is sad as I like him, but he is out of his depth and didn't learn enough last time in this league. 

God, no. 

Just now, Virtual reality said:

You get the feeling that the club stands at a crossroads now. If we stick with Farke we will go down, but he has proven himself as the perfect manager to regain promotion again. The problem with that is what’s the point? We’re an absolute embarrassment at this level under his guidance. So do we twist and change now and hope that we appoint someone who can turn this around and keep us in the league? I’m still in the undecided camp but as the weeks go by and the defeats continue its getting increasingly hard to see how he can survive such a run

There are two other coaches who promote teams from the Championship each season.

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

I'm just going to go with the populist vote whatever that is......I don't want people being nasty an' horrible to me because I'm a rather sensitive soul.....

BOOOOOOOO

Medic!!!!

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This is a very different situation sadly imho.

Last time we went up and that team played during the season and went down plucky but not good enough.

This time we went up and a load of the team have gone (maybe worse) a lot of them are on loan and again imho we are worse than the last time we where here so far as a team.

Less committed players, no Emi, Pukki older..... no guarantees.

Its Delia's money but from my ignorant seat I would consider it less of a risk rolling the dice now than assuming we will go up again.

Farke stays we are definitely down (unless some form of miracle) as it stands .

• Like 1

Nope, I'm still of the same mind that he has to go. I've seen nothing in any of our performances (bar maybe Bournemouth) to persuade me otherwise.

However if TVB was to do a poll on how long do I think the board will give Farke, I'd vote for another 2+ years.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Big no from me on those two. It's a shame Ismael has been snapped up to be honest because I think he would be perfect. Direct, attacking football and his teams work incredibly hard, he's also a good personality and would suit the ethos of the club

1 minute ago, Clever Farke said:

No, there was real progress today.  A game plan that would’ve worked but for 2 mind numbing mistakes. Looking good for Burnley. We will stay up. Thank you. 

Isn't any goal in football traced back to a mistake?

I saw no progress even with a system that should have stopped mistakes.

• Like 1

I don’t  think it’s about changing your mind . It’s about the facts occurring at the time you form your opinion. 

We go up . We play outstanding football in achieving the title . Farke deserves the plaudits. 

We go down . We have an unprecedented run of results at the end of the season , and go down with a wimper 

We go back up. We play , in my opinion , even better football than the previous championship winning side . 

And then we lose 6 in a row. The coach has not demonstrated at any time his ability to consistently compete in the league . I have no idea why you win the chumps - which is not pushover league- but are just so hopeless in the Prem. 

The question is …. How long can you leave it ? I don’t know , but I do know that the Club is a professional organisation that simply cannot accept failure over and over again. There has to be a line . Depends where the Board thinks that line is . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

BOOOOOOOO

Medic!!!!

Leave me alone you booly.....I want my MUM!......

Mum didn't hear me the first time she's upstairs with Uncle Harry...but he's not my real Uncle he should be in the garden shed because mum said to her friend Marjorie that he was a rake.....

Edited by Mello Yello

I thought we should give him one more game at Burnley next week and then act in the following 2 week international break if its another loss....however upon reflection , any new man coming in would be without most of our players for that fortnight as they will be away.

I think we actually need to act tonight to give someone else a  chance to work with them this week leading up to Burnley

There is no one better than Farke to work with the players we have. The reality is we have made our bed and have to lie in it. Self funded club as we are. 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

There are two other coaches who promote teams from the Championship each season.

Absolutely there is. But we’re not talking about sacking any manage here, are we? We’re talking about sacking a manager that has produced some of the most memorable football we’ve seen for years. There is a lot of sentiment attached to this decision and it will be a sad day if he does get the push or even chose to walk 

• Like 1

There is no one better than Farke to work with the players we have. The reality is we have made our bed and have to lie in it. Self funded club as we are. 

👋 Hi Daniel

I think that was true when he assembled a squad full of Germans, including a few that he already knew personally, not so much anymore. 

I think the self funded club mantra has gone on long enough. It doesn't excuse right now. We brought in many new players but sold our best ones.

I was 70-80% to seeing Farke go, I'm now 90%.

Honestly, i think there were improvements and the VAR decision was incredibly hard.  But the lack of bite, fight, spirit - whatever you call it, is inexcusable.  Everton were dozing and if we stepped it up and out worked them guaranteed at least a point today.

Lacklustre, and really feel that we need a manager change just to spice things up a bit.

However, listening to Krul after the match it seems that he fully believes they have a better squad and will get out of this if given more time. 

Not a clue if he genuinely believes that, but hearing him talk knocked me from being 100% Farke out, to the 90%.  Trouble is, how can we complain about being on a losing run if we're doing nothing to change it?  We're allowing this to continue by sitting back in blind faith.

I just don't know who would replace him is the problem.  Only someone like Howe would I like to see.. i.e. to work with what we have vs ripping the script up.

Edited by Google Bot

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

It looked better, but it wasn't actually good. The team look shot and we haven't identified the key areas that need coaching work.

For example, where do promoted teams have their best chance of scoring? When the gulf in quality is lowest, usually that's set pieces. We got one chance for Gibson from one this game, but it's a rarity. It's an easy part of the game to improve, but it's not being done.

2 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

We wont, because we make mind numbing mistakes every match. 

I'm never going to be shouting farke out, he doesn't deserve that. Thats reserved for those arrogant, incompetent managers who have no loyalty to their club and show no respect to fans and Farke is a million miles from that, but I don't think he is making good decisions anymore and for me that's means we have to say, thank you, but we need a change.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Isn't any goal in football traced back to a mistake?

I saw no progress even with a system that should have stopped mistakes.

No sometimes there is brilliant play.  Besides the pen and Kenny’s give away could’ve happened in any system.