Mat McGoo

Problem with Farke's removal

If we want to stay in the Premier league then Farke has to go, now!! From project restart until today, every game in the EPL has had the same feel; we pass it around at the back, make a mistake, the opposition takes advantage and scores, we continue to huff and puff without any real threat and bizarrely lose the game.

Webber needs to show his minerals and make a change, as Farke is exactly what we signed him as, a second team/division, coach/manager. He has brought us so many amazing times but he's not up to this level of management. His philosophy of 'farkeball' works brilliantly in the championship but against better opposition it's too easy to play against. 

The question is who will take the reins?? I would be very open to big Woy Hodgson in the short term with either Eddie Howe or David Wagner as possibilities longer term........hard hat on!!!!

1 hour ago, robert choice said:

Delia has a habit of employing managers who have good table manners and say 'yes' a lot.

Just look at the list and it becomes evident from the outset although she did slip up with Paul Lambert while panicking about Bryan Gunn.

This is what I've always said about The Cook but unfortunately too many Cook worshippers who refuse to acknowledge  that anything can ever be her fault during the entire 24 years (Yes - 24 years!!) during which she and her old man have owned the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

I like D. Farke a lot. I think that he is an excellent Championship head coach. However, he really IS out of his depth in the Premiership. I think that he is a man of integrity and I would not be surprised if he offered his resignation as he will be able to recognise his own shortcomings and will resign rather than drag this Club into being a laughing stock, a Club to be ridiculed .

This is exactly the point I was making in a separate thread a few days ago. Pity that pretty much all the responses basically insinuated I was a 'Binner' and usual crap like that. Farke will NOT be sacked. Full stop. But I do agree with your scenario and think that is the most likely outcome should this season continue to disintegrate.

12 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

This is exactly the point I was making in a separate thread a few days ago. Pity that pretty much all the responses basically insinuated I was a 'Binner' and usual crap like that. Farke will NOT be sacked. Full stop. But I do agree with your scenario and think that is the most likely outcome should this season continue to disintegrate.

i Agree he will offer resignation and they will pay him something like 2 years of his contract as a golden handshake 

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

Are we too hung up on thinking that without Farke we wouldn't have won promotion last season? We did have arguably the strongest squad in the championship, isn't it possible that another manager/coach would have achieved the same?

He can't just be given free reign to lose every game, not even the best managers in the world would survive as many loses as this.

Buendia and Pukki on fire made Farke look better than he actually was. Without their goals and talent along with a shocking defensive record we would have struggled badly even in the Championship.

1 hour ago, holt, who goes there? said:

If we want to stay in the Premier league then Farke has to go, now!!

You honestly think any manager could keep this bunch of players up?

Farke is out of his depth, but he's got a strange bunch of players that have been put together with little rhyme or reason. 

• Like 1

You would like to think that if Webber is as good and meticulous as he's supposed to be that he would have already identified the next  manager and possibly even have him lined up.

Haven't got a clue who that would be, but if he hasn't done this then maybe he's not all that he's cracked up to be.

4 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He's one of the best managers we've ever had but his style of football doesn't work in this league. Unfortunately i think that means we need to change and next season might be more of a transitional one in the Championship while we move to a different style of football. 

If we keep Farke we probably will get promoted again next year, but the following season would be just as ugly. if you're happy yo-yo'ing and bringing through young players to sell on then we should keep Farke, if you want us to ever have a chance of surviving in this division, attracting better quality players and maybe winning a cup then we need to change, but equally a more pragmatic style of football would make promotion less likely so it's a trade off risk/reward. I'm glad i don't have to make the decision to be honest. 

What do you mean by 'his style'? 

He's completely abandoned the style of football that got us promoted and has us playing the most turgid rubbish I've seen since Hughton.

Farke was loyal and always supportive to our club and same time just sign new contract huge 4 year so sure he not be sacked after 5 6 rounds but 

virtually with no points after Brighton mean we are doomed realistically 

Farke/Webber make wonders for this club progress but this summer seems they failed and some one will need to pay the bill.

I not have problem we to relegated because we know this always a option but we look not competitive and with big chance to broke 

all negative records ,this is big pain and is unacceptable imo.

Too many mistakes 2nd time in this league is too much.

Biggest mistake is that we added too many new players around 11 this is always a problem to gel with no time enough ,same time we not addressed our midfield as this area was key we to lost battle last time 2 years ago in same league,for me our defensive and also attack problems is come because mid area is never competitive and protective.

Also I feel Aarons and Cantwell both look like not happy to be here so we lost also chance to cash out them and same time they both not same level as before and look like lost in this new group of players most of them unsettled coz arrive so late.

Farke deserve more respect so I hope not ugly scenes by fans  aka Colchester h 12 years ago but if we keep loosing round after round he must be changed ...

Im almost sure Webber will resign alone if Farke need to go!

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You honestly think any manager could keep this bunch of players up?

Farke is out of his depth, but he's got a strange bunch of players that have been put together with little rhyme or reason. 

How could any manager do any worse? 

If any one of us were at the helm for the past 16 Premier league games then we couldn't have done much worse and who knows we may have even picked up a point here or there.

Farke for whatever reason isn't up to the task at this level so to save our season I believe we need to take swift action and at least hope for some sort of kick start with a new manager because if we don't we're down by Xmas at this rate.

5 wins out of a total of 44 Premier League games does tend to suggest there should not be a problem removing Farke from his job.

How about we don’t get rid, how about we just all do the unexpected, get behind the players and coaches regardless and give them the support they desperately need.   

It’s reasonable to appreciate that losing Emi and Ollie, then having to integrate 7 or 8 new players plus the start - this was always a very difficult task… we have to help the team… getting behind them is likely to get us results much sooner than moaning and criticising.   We’ve come this far, may as well stick with it and hope DF learns quicker and gets more pragmatic.     

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, holt, who goes there? said:

How could any manager do any worse? 

If any one of us were at the helm for the past 16 Premier league games then we couldn't have done much worse and who knows we may have even picked up a point here or there.

Farke for whatever reason isn't up to the task at this level so to save our season I believe we need to take swift action and at least hope for some sort of kick start with a new manager because if we don't we're down by Xmas at this rate.

Wonder if Roy Hodgson is missing management and fancies another season? 

Watching the post match interview, Farke looked like he was close to saying .........'I've had enough' . There was a frequent shrug of the shoulders and his eyes looked nothing like the bright and bubbly appearance we usually see. 

If we lose in another typical 2-0 away 'no show' at Burnley then I think it's a fair chance he will jack it in before the Brighton game. He will know there would be no hiding place that day. If he limped on to Brighton and (heaven forbid) another defeat along the lines of Watford then it will be all over. He will leave even with Smith and Webber begging him to stay. Don't believe he will stubbornly just 'hang around' like Worthy did.  

• Like 1

I really do not wish to so Farke removed. I desperately want him to stay and make a success of coaching in the Premiership. At the moment he is failing. He seems a little like a drowning man in the post Everton match interview. Flailing his arms around trying to grab hold of any positive slant to keep afloat and to deflect attention away from the glaringly obvious, that we are not up to standard in pretty much all departments. But the clock is ticking and Farke has to start producing the goods in terms of results. At the moment it really doesn’t matter how this is achieved. 

• Like 1