Mat McGoo

Problem with Farke's removal

The issue with getting rid of D.Farke, is if we get rid and we go down which unfortunately looks more likely by the game,  then will his replacement be as likely to get us up out the championship? But on the flip side, if he gets us up out the championship then we will stick with him through another premiership season. Which will unfortunately  end the same way as this. To do or not to do. However something has got to change SURELY.

How about we appoint a manager who stops us from being relegated in the first place? Still plenty of games left, but it does feel as though Farke has shot his bolt.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

How about we appoint a manager who stops us from being relegated in the first place? Still plenty of games left, but it does feel as though Farke has shot his bolt.

Farke deserves a few more games, to early to be talking about his removal.

• Like 4

But is it Farke NCFC need to get rid of? Webber admitted following the last relegation that Farke had one hand tied behind his back! Now it appears to be two and one leg! He can only put out there what the footballing director gives him!!

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Farke deserves a few more games, to early to be talking about his removal.

2 more. Then if it's still 0 points changes have to be made.

• Like 1

The only problem with removing Farke would be the pay out our directors would not like to pay having given him a 4 year contract weeks ago. They will not want to dip into their pockets for either that pay out or to find a replacement suitable of keeping us in this league. So we are stuck at least until Christmas I feel by which time it will be too late and we might as well keep him by then if we are already effectively relegated 

He's one of the best managers we've ever had but his style of football doesn't work in this league. Unfortunately i think that means we need to change and next season might be more of a transitional one in the Championship while we move to a different style of football. 

If we keep Farke we probably will get promoted again next year, but the following season would be just as ugly. if you're happy yo-yo'ing and bringing through young players to sell on then we should keep Farke, if you want us to ever have a chance of surviving in this division, attracting better quality players and maybe winning a cup then we need to change, but equally a more pragmatic style of football would make promotion less likely so it's a trade off risk/reward. I'm glad i don't have to make the decision to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

But is it Farke NCFC need to get rid of? Webber admitted following the last relegation that Farke had one hand tied behind his back! Now it appears to be two and one leg! He can only put out there what the footballing director gives him!!

In which case this model will never work. No one would work with webber before except Farke. Farke makes same mistakes week in week out at this level. I believe if last season was a normal one we'd never got ourselves back up. Now I want this to work but it won't. We have to make progress and now is the time to twist but the board are too inept to change things early on. Maybe it's time Delia took a lesser role 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, For the future said:

We need a more experienced manager for Norwich city to stay in the premier league and prove everyone wrong.

Lots of inexperienced managers keep teams up in their first season. Lambert, Rodgers, Howe, looks like Franke will at Brentford. None of which had premier league experience. What they all seem to have in common is that they stuck with the identity of their side and didn’t sell their best player when they went up. 

Who cares about next season. This is the premier league snd shouldn't be taken so lightly. We should be fighting to the bitter end and at the very least regaining some pride. You worry about next season in May. 

Edited by Cupndownin85
  • Like 1

I love this idea that we'd come back up under Farke next season. Last time we kept pretty much everyone stayed bar Lewis and Godfrey and we replaced them with Gibson and Giannoulis. 

Go down this year and Aarons and Cantwell go, Giannoulis would probably agitate for a move abroad, Normann and Kabak don't say, Williams vanishes. It'd be huge upheaval and nothing like the situation two years ago.

The club were patting themselves on the back for having a good summer transfer window.

Its one or the other?..either we did have a good window and these are good players not being coached right....or it was bad window and we signed inferior players ,in which case the recruitment team are at fault

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He's one of the best managers we've ever had but his style of football doesn't work in this league. Unfortunately i think that means we need to change and next season might be more of a transitional one in the Championship while we move to a different style of football. 

If we keep Farke we probably will get promoted again next year, but the following season would be just as ugly. if you're happy yo-yo'ing and bringing through young players to sell on then we should keep Farke, if you want us to ever have a chance of surviving in this division, attracting better quality players and maybe winning a cup then we need to change, but equally a more pragmatic style of football would make promotion less likely so it's a trade off risk/reward. I'm glad i don't have to make the decision to be honest. 

One of the best managers we’ve ever had?  Tell that to Ken Brown, Dave Stringer and Mike Walker, not to mention Ron Saunders and John Bond.

I just can never get my head around this whole assumption that when we go down we are automatically coming straight back? 

Yes we did that last time, and in impressive style, but it's never ever a given like so many Norwich fans would have you believe, the way they speak. Look at Worthy's team in 2005, we went down and started the next season with a more than good enough squad to challenge but spent most the season fighting in the bottom half to mid-table. Circumstances will dictate what could happen, but even if we kept all our decent young players, there's no guarantee we'll just go straight back up.

While we are 3 points from 17th I don’t think he should be sacked. I would definitely give him till December when our first batch of winnable games is over.  Real signs of progress next month must be evident. 
The so called ‘model’ must account for this kind of adversity and being able to get through the other side.  
Webber will know the point of no return when it is reached and I have to trust him on this.  Or are people suggesting Webber should go? Now that would be mad. 

10 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

While we are 3 points from 17th I don’t think he should be sacked. I would definitely give him till December when our first batch of winnable games is over.  Real signs of progress next month must be evident. 
The so called ‘model’ must account for this kind of adversity and being able to get through the other side.  
Webber will know the point of no return when it is reached and I have to trust him on this.  Or are people suggesting Webber should go? Now that would be mad. 

So basically wait till it’s too late by December is what you’re saying? How long before we don’t have a point until you’d get rid? 

9 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

One of the best managers we’ve ever had?  Tell that to Ken Brown, Dave Stringer and Mike Walker, not to mention Ron Saunders and John Bond.

I'll change my statement, one of the best managers we've had in the last 30 years then. It's still impressive what he's done here. 

Delia has a habit of employing managers who have good table manners and say 'yes' a lot.

Just look at the list and it becomes evident from the outset although she did slip up with Paul Lambert while panicking about Bryan Gunn.

I like D. Farke a lot. I think that he is an excellent Championship head coach. However, he really IS out of his depth in the Premiership. I think that he is a man of integrity and I would not be surprised if he offered his resignation as he will be able to recognise his own shortcomings and will resign rather than drag this Club into being a laughing stock, a Club to be ridiculed .

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

I like D. Farke a lot. I think that he is an excellent Championship head coach. However, he really IS out of his depth in the Premiership. I think that he is a man of integrity and I would not be surprised if he offered his resignation as he will be able to recognise his own shortcomings and will resign rather than drag this Club into being a laughing stock, a Club to be ridiculed .

God, I hope so.

24 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

Trouble us the longer we leave it the less appealing we become to a new manager, got to give any new bloke half a chance, otherwise we'll end up with Riemer as a caretaker. 

Are we too hung up on thinking that without Farke we wouldn't have won promotion last season? We did have arguably the strongest squad in the championship, isn't it possible that another manager/coach would have achieved the same?

He can't just be given free reign to lose every game, not even the best managers in the world would survive as many loses as this.

Edited by OnDaBall
Grammar
  • Like 2

Farke has had more than time that most to prove he can cut it with us in this division.

Last premier League campaign was a disaster, one that I believe many attributed far too much to the pandemic. We seem to be going backwards this season and look absolutely lost for ideas. It saddens me to be coming to the conclusion that he will never be able to keep us up.

29 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Trouble us the longer we leave it the less appealing we become to a new manager, got to give any new bloke half a chance, otherwise we'll end up with Riemer as a caretaker. 

Would’ve give him till wolves at home. I think he deserves that. Webber may act sooner though.