Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Still only 3 points behind group of teams

I’m again desperately trying not to spend another Saturday night moaning and depressed.

Despite how awful the start has been IF we can just get one win we will be level with other teams and there will still be something to fight for.

Guess it’s the hope that kills you!!!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chippy Minton said:

Collectively the bottom 7 teams have won 2 games out of 39. Not sure it’s season over just yet 

That doesn't make our plight any better. Its like saying I'm wealthy because people in Haiti are penniless.

Can you honestly see us getting anything at Burnley?

I hope I'm wrong but to say we are only 3 points off the bottom group although accurate, is somewhat delusional.

5 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

Can you honestly see us getting anything at Burnley?

I hope I'm wrong but to say we are only 3 points off the bottom group although accurate, is somewhat delusional.

I think we can

and it’s not delusional, it’s a fact!

I admire your optimistic attitude, I really do.

Just to point out though our goal difference sucks so we are 4 points from where we want to be relative to those sides not 3.

6 hours ago, Chippy Minton said:

Collectively the bottom 7 teams have won 2 games out of 39. Not sure it’s season over just yet 

So basically you're saying we're the worst of a bunch of rubbish teams. Not sure it helps, just can't see where the points are going to come from at the moment

Certainly, the bottom 7 or 8 teams have all struggled with easier fixtures on paper than our own.

Our awful start should have really seen us 7 or 8 points adrift even. That its only 3 and goal difference is a positive, I guess.

9 hours ago, AJ said:

So basically you're saying we're the worst of a bunch of rubbish teams. Not sure it helps, just can't see where the points are going to come from at the moment

The point is, we may not be playing well or picking up points, but we’re not cut adrift. Something needs to be done, yes, and there is time for a response.

A lot is said about players confidence affecting what they do. Is DF having a crisis of confidence in his abilities, leading to constant tweaking of formation and players?

8 minutes ago, robert choice said:

A good thread to help sort the fantasists out from the realists.

So it's better to think "we are rubbish and that's it", is it? 

What is the point in that?  

Anyhow, most of us would rather be fantasists than doom momgers.

One of my neighbours, a Manure fan, is friends with one of our associate directors. As a result he gets lots of hospitality invites to our games and was at Goodison Park yesterday. He felt that around 6 of our players are not of PL quality including Krul. He feels Teemu is now moving over the crest of the hill although recognising the total lack of creativity cutting of the service he needs. Normann and Sargent looked good but McClean not up to it.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

'Realism' is about not lying to yourself.

5 minutes ago, robert choice said:
21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

'Realism' is about not lying to yourself.

Ok, how's this for realism -

We have had a terrible start to the season, yesterdays result just added to that.  However, the next game is a week away and another week for team building and improving what is still quite a new group of players. Also, the future has not been written yet and while we could continue to do badly, there is also the chance that we could start to improve.

The only lie is that we are rubbish and are certain to stay rubbish. That is not "realism" it's just "defeatism".

Edited by lake district canary

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, how's this for realism -

We have had a terrible start to the season, yesterdays result just added to that.  However, the next game is a week away and another week for team building and improving what is still quite a new group of players. Also, the future has not been written yet and while we could continue to do badly, there is also the chance that we could start to improve.

The only lie is that we are rubbish and are certain to stay rubbish. That is not "realism" it's just "defeatism".

I'm just glad I don't live next door to you.