Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Is the Season over already?

Whilst DS and MWJ reign no EPL will ever start as we are hamstrung by the 'self funded model'. we are doomed to failure before a ball is even kicked.

It amazes me how many City fans forget the number of times the club has been on the cusp of administration under the current owners but are happy to jump on the bandwagon when things are going well, in the Championship!

As another poster pointed out, NCFC took the Buendia money and invested in unproven players with potential, obviously with one eye on selling them on when the inevitable relegation occurs!

Whilst Watford and Brentford's 'net spend' was lower than ours, they didn't sell their best player and then hope 7-8 young promising players could somehow gel and cut in the EPL. No they kept their best players and added a little experience around them.

I don't blame Farke or Webber, they are doing the best they can with the minimal backing the receive. I also think the 'self funding model' is a morally correct way to run a business and if all the other EPL clubs ran their business on the same lines then perhaps City could complete. But the EPL has no time for morals and its all about the big bucks, so whilst this is the status quo, City's model will never succeed. 

The only change that will enhance Norwich City's prospect of being an established EPL club is DS & MWJ handing over to an owner that can invest at a level that makes City competitive.

History say's that won't happen so see you in the championship in 2021/2022 for the happy times 🙂 

1 hour ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Farke has two more games to turn it around is my guess ...

If we lose to Burnley he'll be out as he'll be 6 points adrift from target, and that means 6 points short of survival based on their plan.

Impossibility that he'd stay in the job at that point as there would be nothing left in his favour to support a board room style decision...

Other than lack of money to change managers, of course.  Hmmm.  Perhaps he'll get all season now I think about it.

yes it's over... I can't take it seriously any more. We're a meme club now and the morons on talksport are sadly correct. If I could call off the next 31 games and accept relegation I would.

Its over from a competitive sport perspective but very much alive as far as the 'business' is concerned. As Mello says, 'top 26....' thats the goal under this business plan. 

I don't know why everyone is so upset - most have brought into the way this Club is being run and unless young Tom finds his business nous or wins several euro lotteries then long will it continue. Success for the shareholders and directors is solvency - never mind performances on the pitch - good ones are a bonus to keep the punters onside.  

Remember 'Prudence with Ambition' - its clear that there is a much greater emphasis on Prudence. You cannot really blame the Delia and Michael for being cautious - what 80 year old do you know who would risk their entire wealth and more on one single company stock? 

So long as Mr Farke achieves his objectives over the course of his contract -relegation, promotion, relegation, promotion and buys low and sells high his young and promising player stock, the coffers will fill and the Company stay afloat.  

Its total bollox for true sports fans because without being able to financially compete in this league then you cannot compete on the pitch. I suspect that the Board didn't factor in the near total capitulation when they analysed the financial projections and this embarrassment and abject humiliation on a national scale. This will cause them a headache as they may have to part company with Mr Farke to appease the fans and carry on  the pretence that success on the pitch is the holy grail . That would be scapegoating on a grand scale and extremely disloyal as both he and Mr Webber are fulfilling their obligations under this model to the tee.

We all know that the only way to compete in this league is to have v deep pockets. i have no idea who would want to buy a money pit that is a professional football club never mind anyone who has that level of wealth to consider investing in Norwich where half or more of your catchment area is in the North Sea.

For now our Club is a shop window for skilful but raw talent to showcase themselves and seek big money moves - good for them and their registration owners. The recruitment policy is spot on as has been demonstrated last time around and this time. Sadly its the future so we'd better all get used to it and accept that we are no longer able to compete. Dont shoot the employees - its upstairs where change is needed.