Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Is the Season over already?

Yes, we don't have the right players to play in this league. no change of manager/tactics or a couple of signings in Jan will change that.

We'd probably survive and do quite well in La Liga or the Bundesliga but we're not a Premier League side, we're just too small and slow and we play a style of football that only works if you're the better side. Our whole approach to this season has been ridiculous, unbelievably stupid and naive. The club had a whole season to see what you need to compete at this level and we went into his season with no defensive midfielder and in key defensive positions we signed relatively small, ball playing defenders.

I know it's only 6 games in but we don't have the players, it's as simple as that. 

Our problems are so much deeper seated than the manager though.  Let’s take a moment to remember our previous Prem campaigns.  All failures, bar Lambert’s assault. 

Not yet but Farke has some big decisions to make. 
1, Drop Pukki and play Sargent up top.

2, Decide on a formation and stick to it. Today, especially second half was better.

3, Dimi and Tzolis must play.

We are now a complete joke.

6 games. 6 defeats. Nil points. 2 goals for. 16 goals against.

Worst Premiership total points is Derby, we look set to win that record.

sad to see our Club turned into such a mess.

Any signing authorised by Webber will be young talent, with a view to selling on at a very very inflated price. That’s what the NCFC ‘project’ is all about! 
There is the problem. Experienced players are what’s required, but that does not fit the NCFC criteria.

3 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I don’t think Sargent is the answer.

Neither do I. Idah was poor against Liverpool but Sargent was even worse today.

I think 25-30 points and you have a chance of staying up. We will finish above Newcastle and Burnley. 

There is 4 teams without a win this season 😂

Edited by Baracouda
  • Haha 2

We’re still just 1 good result away from being back amongst it. It’s a long season and we’re less than 1/6th of the way through. I don’t think staying up from this position would be a ‘miracle’ given how many games there are left to play. Of course it’s hard to see that happening right now, but that can start to change in just a single moment.

Slightly better performance today, if we can map another similar improvement against Burnley then we’ll have a good chance of a result. Can’t keep making such stinking individual errors though.

9 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Our problems are so much deeper seated than the manager though.

Maybe, but you can't change the whole squad, you can't bring any new players in until it's too late, the current squad is unlikely to improve sufficiently so realistically unless you just accept it for what it is and are prepared to put up with this sh*te until May, the only way forward is to sack Farke in the hope that somebody more street wise & more inspirational can motivate the players we are stuck with.

Therefore, he has to go.

Edited by Making Plans

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We’re still just 1 good result away from being back amongst it. It’s a long season and we’re less than 1/6th of the way through. I don’t think staying up from this position would be a ‘miracle’ given how many games there are left to play. Of course it’s hard to see that happening right now, but that can start to change in just a single moment.

Slightly better performance today, if we can map another similar improvement against Burnley then we’ll have a good chance of a result. Can’t keep making such stinking individual errors though.

Blind optimism overcoming reality. We are a huge distance away from any kind of results in this league. HUGE! 

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Utter dilusion

It's very disappointing and concerning, but giving up on the season already shows a complete lack of fight and determination. 

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Maybe, but you can't change the whole squad, you can't bring any new players in until it's too late, the current squad is unlikely to improve sufficiently so realistically unless you just accept it for what it is and are prepared to put up with this sh*te until May, the only way forward is to sack Farke in the hope that somebody more street wise & more inspirational can motivate the players we are stuck with.

Therefore, he has to go.

I don’t disagree with you. But it’s a shame that a decent coach is going to be the one that takes the fall. Webber looks massively overrated (McNally had him on toast) and the consistent figures are the owners.  Who are long past their sell by date.

15 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Yes, we don't have the right players to play in this league. no change of manager/tactics or a couple of signings in Jan will change that.

We'd probably survive and do quite well in La Liga or the Bundesliga but we're not a Premier League side, we're just too small and slow and we play a style of football that only works if you're the better side. Our whole approach to this season has been ridiculous, unbelievably stupid and naive. The club had a whole season to see what you need to compete at this level and we went into his season with no defensive midfielder and in key defensive positions we signed relatively small, ball playing defenders.

I know it's only 6 games in but we don't have the players, it's as simple as that. 

There is a great deal of sense in this ... heartbreakingly 

Just now, kenfoggo said:

Blind optimism overcoming reality. We are a huge distance away from any kind of results in this league. HUGE! 

No we are not a ‘huge distance away from any kind of result’. We would’ve drew the game today if it wasn’t for Kabak’s silly swipe at the ball and McLean’s error. Those kind of mistakes should be relatively straight forward to cut out (you would think though we do keep bloody doing it!!).

However I’d be much much more concerned if we got absolutely battered all game, but as it happened both teams offered absolutely **** all. The game had 0-0 written all over it, and that would’ve been just fine!

Ironically head says no but heart says yes.

I don’t see us turning this around unfortunately.

How can our season be over?.....We haven't started our season yet....Burnley next week is the start of our season and if we falter at Turf Moor our season will then start against Brighton, then if things don't go our way then we've got Chelsea away, then if.....etc, etc, etc........