Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

16 losses in a row

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

On the plus side we are setting a new record every week!🙃

Or does it not count because we had a championship winning season in the middle? 

Some pretend it doesn’t count but most know it does. 

Told you before . 
The first 10 don’t count . Football was different for Norwich due to the restart. 

The next 4 were teams that we were never going to beat . 

Next - well we had a lot of new players so that doesn’t count either . 

Next (today) ….. oh I really can’t be ars ed anymore . It’s a shocking stat whatever anyone says. 

The main reason I don't like including the last 10 games of two seasons ago is that people often go on about "still having the same players" etc. Or that we had a weaker squad, which we did.

This season there are no excuses. It is different. The challenges are different. But we have been told the squad is good enough. That these players give Farke the tools to stay up.

Well, 6 games without a point. Including 2 games you would expect some sort of competitive outcome from.

Referring back to those ten games just muddies the issues. We have 4 fit CB's this season at the moment. We have multiple choices out wide other than the three we had last time. We have 2 genuine options going forward. We are in a much better situation - so why isn't it working?

At the end of the day, it comes down to coaching and Farke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

At the end of the day, it comes down to coaching and Farke.

Not the players we brought in at all then?

Counting records across one season to the next would be stupid enough, but with an entire (record) season invetween? WTAF?  Utterly ridiculous, it is a stupid yrecord for the stupid generation.

In other stupid news, Brentford have lost one top flight game in c60 years.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Just now, The Bunny said:

Not the players we brought in at all then?

No. Not for me. 

There is one thing that I continue to find odd and that is the continued change of formations. And yet we haven't reverted to the formation that has given us all of the success over the last few seasons - 4-2-3-1. Instead, before we had all of the players on board, we were playing 4-3-3, which is traditionally known to surrender space down the flanks as you play more narrowly.

This means not only were new players coming in to a new country etc, but our existing players are adjusting to a new formation.

For me, he should have stuck with the same formation, especially against the tougher opposition we knew we'd be facing. It would have given more assurance to new players coming in as they would have had the likes of Aarons, Pukki, McLean, Hanley and Krul who know this formation inside out by now and the expectation of the roles in it.

Perhaps after ten games and picking up some points, Farke could look at tweaking the formation with everyone jelled and bedded in.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well could we just say we haven't won in the EPL for a long time?

It’s certainly a lot more recent than the binners….

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Counting records across one season to the next would be stupid enough, but with an entire (record) season invetween? WTAF?  Utterly ridiculous, it is a stupid yrecord for the stupid generation.

In other stupid news, Brentford have lost one top flight game in c60 years.

Have Brentford got the same manager as 1947? No? Then your ridiculous sarcasm is misplaced. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Have Brentford got the same manager as 1947? No? Then your ridiculous sarcasm is misplaced. 

Sarcasm?  Where was that.  I’m merely quoting factual statistics…or is that not allowed?

Edited by Branston Pickle