Sign in to follow this  
norwichsteve

Where has the identity gone?

The fact is that there are few managers out there that have a better track record for getting more out of players than anyone thought possible. 

Either Farke finds some more in these players or we go down. Nobody should be deluded enough to believe that a change of manager will leave us better off than we are though. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
a
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the sentiment of the thread title, but not the knee-jerk demand for a new manager. 

We have totally lost our identity. I think we've tried to change too much (personnel and tactics) too quickly and it's spectacularly backfired.

The new signings, and especially the loan players, have no understanding of the shape and style we're used to playing. We are significantly worse than we were last season and there are no signs of recovery.

I think we need to revert back to the exact system we played so well last season just replacing Skipp with Normann and Buendia with Tzolis. Not one of the new players has shown that they are any better than what we already had.

Rashica is no better than Cantwell or Hernandez. Sargent is no better than Dowell. Williams is nowhere near as good as Giannoulis. Kabak is no better than Omobamidele. Gilmour is nowhere near as good as any of our other midfielders.

Let's put as close as possible to the Championship winning team out there. Then the places have to be won from them if the new players think they're better.

• Like 3

I forgot about Lees-Melou. He's that anonymous I completely forgot he existed until he demonstrated just how awful he is. Rupp is a much better player.

I'm realising just how bad the summer transfer window was. The signings haven't improved the first team at all. The only thing we've achieved is to tear apart the title winning team and leave a total mess.

I genuinely can't see how the club can recover from this.

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I forgot about Lees-Melou. He's that anonymous I completely forgot he existed until he demonstrated just how awful he is. Rupp is a much better player.

I'm realising just how bad the summer transfer window was. The signings haven't improved the first team at all. The only thing we've achieved is to tear apart the title winning team and leave a total mess.

Well listening to Rodeo North Folk, they have said how well PLM has played in the second half. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Get in a manager who got a stronger prem team than us relegated from the prem? Uh huh

Still has a better record than Farke 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I only notice PLM when he is getting booked every week

22 hours ago, Petriix said:

Yet last time around they didn't spend on the argument that the team had earned the right to compete in the Premier League. 

It's damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

Someone should write a song about this to the tune of "Where have all the flowers gone"

Some line suggestions:

Where have all the players gone/ we have sold them every one 

Where have all the Farkeball gone/long ball passing/ Can you find it, any one? etc.

13 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

Someone should write a song about this to the tune of "Where have all the flowers gone"

Some line suggestions:

Where have all the players gone/ we have sold them every one 

Where have all the Farkeball gone/long ball passing/ Can you find it, any one? etc.

How about 'Pierre Lees-Melou, where are you' to the Scooby Doo theme tune?

• Haha 1

The problem is that in response to basic defensive errors/issues that ought to be resolvable on the training ground we have just abandoned our established style and patterns of play. I agree we need to revert to last seasons shape and (in the main) team and try and get ourselves going.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 25/09/2021 at 17:03, littleyellowbirdie said:

The fact is that there are few managers out there that have a better track record for getting more out of players than anyone thought possible. 

Either Farke finds some more in these players or we go down. Nobody should be deluded enough to believe that a change of manager will leave us better off than we are though. 

Here you go @lake district canary. This comment was addressed to all the deluded fans at the time who were loudly arguing that a change of manager was necessary if we had a chance to survive. Those are the people who influenced the board's decision. I didn't get my way over Farke either, but I still didn't **** and whine ad infinitum about his successor like it was his fault that Farke was sacked. @BroadstairsR should also take note.

Move the f*k on.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

On 26/09/2021 at 16:15, Petriix said:

How about 'Pierre Lees-Melou, where are you' to the Scooby Doo theme tune?

In the France squad last I heard

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Aged well

Not as well as this:

On 25/09/2021 at 16:07, Petriix said:

Sargent is no better than Dowell.

(I know it’s unfair to @Petriix, he was by no means the only one saying it, I may well have said something similar myself, but I couldn’t resist it.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Not as well as this:

(I know it’s unfair to @Petriix, he was by no means the only one saying it, I may well have said something similar myself, but I couldn’t resist it.)

How's Dowell getting on nowadays anyways?

To be fair in his first season for us I described Sargent as having the dribbling abilities of bambi on ice..

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Here you go @lake district canary. This comment was addressed to all the deluded fans at the time who were loudly arguing that a change of manager was necessary if we had a chance to survive. Those are the people who influenced the board's decision. I didn't get my way over Farke either, but I still didn't **** and whine ad infinitum about his successor like it was his fault that Farke was sacked. @BroadstairsR should also take note.

Move the f*k on.

Revenge posting is not a good look LYB. Even if you're correct. 

People are allowed to have opinions and feelings and moreso, to express them. And if they don't want to move on it's also fine.

If you don't like an opinion just let it pass and dissolve. I don't think it is helpful to have a pop at others.

Just my view so please don't shoot the messenger.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Move the f*k on.

And back the f*k off? 

Keep Rollin'.. Rollin'..Rollin'.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

And back the f*k off? 

Keep Rollin'.. Rollin'..Rollin'.. 

Cause if you don't care, then we don't care! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Not as well as this:

I think Dowell would have been a top player if he could have stayed fit. At the time Sargent was being played as a winger and genuinely wasn't an improvement over Dowell in that position. Now he's up front it's a ridiculous comparison but let's not forget the purple patch that Dowell hit (before getting injured again) when Wagner first came in. I presume he's injured now too... 

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

And if they don't want to move on it's also fine.

Apart from that guy ranting about his AD position ad infinitum on here.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Apart from that guy ranting about his AD position ad infinitum on here.

I’ve not noticed him, who’s that?

(for the avoidance of doubt, this is a joke)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Revenge posting is not a good look LYB. Even if you're correct. 

People are allowed to have opinions and feelings and moreso, to express them. And if they don't want to move on it's also fine.

If you don't like an opinion just let it pass and dissolve. I don't think it is helpful to have a pop at others.

Just my view so please don't shoot the messenger.

LDC had the nerve to tell me to 'move on from Smith ' after fans treated him like sh1t precisely because of the stupid sulky attitude of people like LDC.

And yet, here is the record of me making the argument at the time for hanging onto Farke when it could have made a difference, but **** all support for the position was shown, not even from his arch disciple LDC.

But no, all the fans f*king loved Farke at the time he was sacked; it was all Webber.

Absolute f*king horsesh1t.