Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Facts 25/09/21

As bad as many on here think it is...

We're 3 points and a few goals away from 17th.

We've played a 4 of the top 6/7 in 5 games. 

We've had 1 awful game, possibly only 1 awful half. We were taking heart from our perfomance before that.

Are we really concerened about a CrabApple Cup?

A lot of the goals we've conceeded have come from random deflections, either directly or in the build up.

We've played 5 games with a very new team and very little pre-season.

...It's our 6th game today, shall we cheer up a bit, at least for a few hours?!

#OTBC 🔰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Facts. 5 games. 5 losses. Nil points. Only 2 goals scored (only one from open play) . 14 goals conceded. 

No matter what excuses you may give to try to mitigate those facts, they are appalling. They would be unacceptable for any other Premiership club. FACT!

Facts are just things on which people form opinions.

While I’m still optimistic and agree some of what you’ve said means the situation isn’t dire or lost in my opinion, there’s plenty of worrying facts to form a different opinion off if you are that way inclined.

Most important fact today will be the result, so here’s hoping we get something, I think we can.

Edited by Monty13
Spelling

35 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

We've had 1 awful game, possibly only 1 awful half. We were taking heart from our perfomance before that.

A lot of the goals we've conceeded have come from random deflections, either directly or in the build up.

#OTBC 🔰

I like this. Whats the point in football if you can't get yourself excited for the next match? I feel sorry for some of those who have already responded. 

OTBC!!!! 💛💚

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Facts. 5 games. 5 losses. Nil points. Only 2 goals scored (only one from open play) . 14 goals conceded. 

No matter what excuses you may give to try to mitigate those facts, they are appalling. They would be unacceptable for any other Premiership club. FACT!

What would those other clubs do rather than accept it?

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What would those other clubs do rather than accept it?

There is no other option is there? 

Hopefully will see an improvement in performance and result today. 

The thing is that there’s sometimes fine lines and crucial moments that are key: at 1-1 last week we had an excellent penalty shout turned down, had it been given who knows how the game would have turned out?  It was one that was a “referee’s call”, would have been upheld if given but this season not enough to be overturned; that followed by a close offside for their killer goal.

We’ve obviously been well short in several games this season, but with a modicum of fortune could have had a few points; hopefully things will soon turn before morale really takes a downturn..

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

We need to show a lot of fight today even to get a point. Pretty much a full strength squad minus Todd who hasn't been selected of late anyway.

It's entirely possible to get something out of this like we did 2 seasons ago and no reason to go into this match believing we can't.

Over to you Daniel.

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

There is no other option is there? 

Hopefully will see an improvement in performance and result today. 

A strongly worded letter to the FA might get us half a point per loss....so we dont look silly.

We'd be on 2 1/2 points already.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can you tut loudly in a letter? 

My Nan tutted loudly AT  a French one (she was an old school Catholic)

We all hope for an improvement today, away against Everton. But the FACTS, (5 games, 5 losses 2 goals for and 14 against)  really do not give much cause for optimism. What would any other Club have done with those  facts?

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

This is a fact, yes

This is not a fact

Also not a fact

Very much not a fact

I don't think this is a fact

2 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

This is not a fact, we've played 6. 

So...one out of 6.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I like this. Whats the point in football if you can't get yourself excited for the next match? I feel sorry for some of those who have already responded. 

OTBC!!!! 💛💚

I'm excited!

I also think if you call a thread facts it probably helps to put some facts in it.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm excited!

I also think if you call a thread facts it probably helps to put some facts in it.

Oh I didnt even really acknowledge the fact bit

3 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

#OTBC 🔰

You are Lake District Canary and I claim my £10.

6 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

Sadly, as other teams will/can get points - we're truly far more than a win away. 

As for the season, we should be averaging 1 point a game to get survival, we're 6 games in with 0 points.  To put that into perspective, if we had 1 point we'd still be 6 times the points total short.  It's not even remotely close.

Worse than that though, is how lacklustre we appear - there's no fight evident to even dig out points.  And we can't do it on skill, as we gift wrap the ball to the opposition rather than holding possession ourselves.

We haven't replaced Emi, so it's no wonder we struggle to win without him - that was proven before every time he was injured or suspended in the past 2 years.  Now that IS a fact.

Edited by Google Bot

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Fact or opinion...

It's not fair to judge Sargent, Kabak and Normann on these 5 results..

We need to make judgements in order to go with a settled starting 11, though.  Can't keep swapping and changing like this.  It's quite clear who's got what in their locker so far I'd say.  Positional and system related issues, of course, take time to iron out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

We need to make judgements in order to go with a settled starting 11, though.  Can't keep swapping and changing like this.  It's quite clear who's got what in their locker so far I'd say.  Positional and system related issues, of course, take time to iron out.

I think we should keep the three at the back from today and let them build an understanding. A solid base would be a start. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think we should keep the three at the back from today and let them build an understanding. A solid base would be a start. 

I do agree, but that really restricts the wide creative players we can play.  More emphasis placed on our wing backs providing the wide threat vs playing Rashica/Cantwell/Tzolis etc.. 

We've got a lot of players in wide positions that are still in the judgement stage, and going with a fixed back 3 is going to prolong the 'finding out' process.   I'd be more confident in a settled back 4 being defined and building off that.  As if we're not scoring or causing opposition problems we will leak goals over 90 mins by default.

Not saying I prefer that formation, but we have too many blocks to build with at this stage we need to keep those options in play or we'll be switching like we had to today when Kabak came off.

Edited by Google Bot

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I do agree, but that really restricts the wide creative players we can play.  More emphasis placed on our wing backs providing the wide threat vs playing Rashica/Cantwell/Tzolis etc.. 

We've got a lot of players in wide positions that are still in the judgement stage, and going with a fixed back 3 is going to prolong the 'finding out' process.   I'd be more confident in a settled back 4 being defined and building off that.  As if we're not scoring or causing opposition problems we will leak goals over 90 mins by default.

Not saying I prefer that formation, but we have too many blocks to build with at this stage we need to keep those options in play or we'll be switching like we had to today when Kabak came off.

I get that too. I said on another thread that the problem with that system is making the rest of the team suitable for Pukki. Today's midfield three probably aren't the answer. 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I get that too. I said on another thread that the problem with that system is making the rest of the team suitable for Pukki. Today's midfield three probably aren't the answer. 

I think Farke has been dragged into selections based on who's going to make fewer mistakes, as it's become backs against the wall scenario.

When Williams came in that enabled Farke to publicly point to Giannoulis as a fault in the team due to inexperience and replace him swiftly with a ready made replacement, from there it's kinda spiralled based on that precedence he set early.

Now even as fans we're all finger pointing and demanding changes game-by-game, and it makes it incredibly hard for him to go with a somewhat fixed 11 for the next period of games.  Players like Cantwell (As Hoolahan did) make mistakes as they take higher risks to progress up the field and get crucified for it.  Yet they're also the key to getting us out of this situation.

It's going to be very hard for him to build a creative team with all this hanging over, as we have to make mistakes to learn. I think this is also evident as to what why he called for fans to be 100% behind the team. 

Unless he has that support/belief then how can he field a team that continual fails until they get it right?  It's such a tough job, and there must be an element that if he knew we would be pointless at this stage he would've done things differently and prioritised stability in the opening fixtures?