Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton (A)(PL) ****

5 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We don’t score any goals ffs a few pi$$y long range shots a couple of crosses don’t make it a good performance. 

No, and I didn't say it was a good performance. But had we cut out the stupid errors, Everton had nothing to offer really. They were poor. Then at the least we'd have a point to break the hoodoo, or the second half spell of control is more meaningful. 

Academic of course. 

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

So we keep blindly bashing on with Pukki do we? Why?

Because he can score goals at this level!  Unlike anyone else 

So we keep blindly bashing on with Pukki do we? Why?

The midfield isn't feeding him and we are full of individual errors. Not teemus fault

We're embarking on the poorest run in the clubs history. I'm already apathetic about my team, which is crap.. I just don't care anymore.

I just can't believe how bad this is right now. What a horrible time to follow Norwich. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Biggest concern is Normann's health. 6 games in, with only one coming against a team projected to finish in the bottom half. Do we want to grab a couple of points out of these games? Yes, but let us get 5 games against our relegation rivals and see how the table shakes up then. Games coming up against Burnely, Brighton, Leeds and Bournemouth will be the true measuring stick. OTBC

12 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

We don’t score any goals ffs a few pi$$y long range shots a couple of crosses don’t make it a good performance. 

No - and I didn't say I thought it was a "good" performance.

But cut out the two stupid errors and Everton had very little to go on. And while we didn't make the most of our spell in the ascendancy, we'd have ground out a 0-0 to break the hoodoo.

Academic. But the individual errors are costing us time and again.

(sorry for repost - forum crashed)

Edited by Banjoman

2 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Struggling to see how a change in manager would produce worst results?

It can't see he it getting any better at the moment. Very depressing.

Tbh, thought that was a decent performance away from home to a side who are joint top (at this point in time). We gave 2 silly goals away, apart from that they didn't look like scoring. Whilst it didn't click in attack. Thought there was lots of positives to take into Burnley game. 

• Like 3

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We're embarking on one of our the poorest runs in the clubs history. I'm already apathetic about my team, which is crap.. I just don't care anymore.

I just can't believe how bad this is right now. 

The saddest thing about it is that this season was meant to be different. This was meant to be the season where we not only stay up, but play well in doing so. We were meant to finally have our “gun”. 

Utterly depressing. 

Congratulations to all of you who made it to the end of the game, I enjoyed the delights of Jeff instead after 80 mins 🤷‍♂️

Positive thinking 

Only 13 points off the top 3

Love to have a Vardy in the team

Edited by daly

3 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

The saddest thing about it is that this season was meant to be different. This was meant to be the season where we not only stay up, but play well in doing so. We were meant to finally have our “gun”. 

Utterly depressing. 

Imagine spending 50 million, breaking your all time transfer record twice and yet somehow your team is playing worse than your team in the Prem two seasons ago made of free agents and youth players who cost us nothing

• Like 1

Sorry but if Howe and Lampard are out there, that has to be a consideration.

Failure to get points out of Burnley and Brighton it's game over for Farke, if not before.

We can't defend, midfield is spineless and toothless upfront.

Plus it's dreadful to watch right now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Because he can score goals at this level!  Unlike anyone else 

Exactly my point. He did once but did not in the second half of the last Prem season and doesnt look like he will to any degree now. 
Its that loyalty that is my issue. 
Try something else how can it be worse as we are not scoring now

2 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Would be very interested to know what Webber is making of this so far. Wonder if he’s acknowledging the failings in his recruitment? 

Rumour has it he has ripped everything up and decided to go again.  His Farke replacement shortlist down to 2 - Mark Robins and Gareth Ainsworth

Could be worse. Could be 21st in league 1 and say you are one of the biggest teams in the division 🤣

11 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Have been saying for a while that Farkes loyalty to Pukki will be our and his downfall. 
Pukki was poor last time in the Prem. He is a championship striker

How many chances did Pukki get today? Exactly.  He is not the problem. 
Today the shape was so much better.  We came to be solid which is what was needed. Kept the home crowd quiet and should’ve got to halftime level. But for clumsy Kabak. 
Second half we were looking to get level and still had Tzolis or Rashica to come on for a push. Undone by McLean’s unforgivable mistake. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clever Farke said:

How many chances did Pukki get today? Exactly.  He is not the problem. 
Today the shape was so much better.  We came to be solid which is what was needed. Kept the home crowd quiet and should’ve got to halftime level. But for clumsy Kabak. 
Second half we were looking to get level and still had Tzolis or Rashica to come on for a push. Undone by McLean’s unforgivable mistake. 

We did not score...

Exactly my point. He did once but did not in the second half of the last Prem season and doesnt look like he will to any degree now. 
Its that loyalty that is my issue. 
Try something else how can it be worse as we are not scoring now

He’s the only person who has scored this season. 
he gets sod all service from a bunch of lightweight midfielder who frankly are the massive part of our problem. The can’t compete in the midfield simple as that. 
Put the guy in like Norman’s did last week and he’ll score you goals. Fire wild ball up over the top of his head in the boxe expecting him to make contact and you are just pisśing possession away. 

Thought we played better than against Watford. Formation did improve us.

Generally, we looked more solid (before Normann went off) but we just keep making stupid mistakes...and to be honest, I don't think we can stop making them. We are just too brittle.

OTBC

11 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

Tbh, thought that was a decent performance away from home to a side who are joint top (at this point in time). We gave 2 silly goals away, apart from that they didn't look like scoring. Whilst it didn't click in attack. Thought there was lots of positives to take into Burnley game. 

I wouldn’t say “lots of positives” but otherwise broadly agree.

Farke needs to work out how to get at least 3 points from the next two games or I fear it’s over for him.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Would expect nothing less from a dirty customer such as yourself 😂

Just now, Monty13 said:

Would expect nothing less from a dirty customer such as yourself 😂

bOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 1