Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton (A)(PL) ****

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Newcastle, Burnley and Leeds all winning, great!

Probably won't have to worry about that lot   winning, i really cant see us making up any ground on anyone in this league to be fair. Most of the teams in this league are a cut above us 

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

I didn’t think that was too bad,

They didn’t have many chances and we looked better at the back. Penalty was probably right decision but element of more bad luck given ref didn’t give it and he had lost the ball.

Think it was right ideas to try and keep it level to half time then unleash Tzolis and Rashica,

im still living in hope Farke goes for that after 60 mins

Agree, but I’m not sure where Tzolis and Rashica fit into this system. We’re playing a system that sacrifices one of those. 

If we are going to get back into the game one of the back 3 has to gamble in the half-space and bring the ball forwards like Kabak has done brilliantly , the wing backs must be clinical, we must overload in the wide areas as Everton play narrow. 
Keep it as tight at the back, and hopefully Pukki can latch onto a through ball as Everton try and compress the centre. 
It’ll have to be a sublime pass… we’re not dead yet. Stats and realism aside, we’ve got to do something! 

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I actually feel sorry for Farke.

Everton have had lot of dangerous possession but other than picking the ball out of the net don’t recall Krul having to do much.

We gifted them a goal. Other than that we’ve looked solid if uninspiring.

Our play in their final third has been poor though, slow, pondering not enough bodies getting forward and final balls poor/non existent  again.

I do not feel sorry for Farke, I’d happily swap my job for his. Even if I wasn’t any good the pay off would set me up for life. 

It's encouraging that we finally after about 45 games at this level seem to have sussed out that you have to fight and scrap and work hard off the ball to even have a chance at this level, but we just look so bloody poor. I know it's Everton but they have an injury crisis and aren't playing well by their standards at all. 

I'm just clinging onto the hope that we're finally learning. Next hopefully we wake up and realize that most goals in this league come from the counter or set pieces and start trying to score goals this way

2 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Probably won't have to worry about that lot   winning, i really cant see us making up any ground on anyone in this league to be fair. Most of the teams in this league are a cut above us 

Most or All?

Mike Riley, Managing Director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited:

“Referees will look for contact and establish clear contact, then ask themselves the question: does that contact have a consequence? They will then ask themselves a question: has the player used that contact to actually try and win a foul penalty? So it’s not sufficient just to say: ‘Yes, there’s contact.’

“I think that the feedback we’ve had from players, both attackers and defenders, [is that] you want it to be a proper foul that has a consequence, not something that somebody has used slight contact to go over, and we’ve given the penalty to reward it.”

It wasn't a pen and if you read the rules you'll understand why...but since when has that ever mattered!?

Edited by Krul Mistress
Attributed quote

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

VAR was demanded by most managers.

All it has done is cause more controversy than existed in the first place.

Ref didn't give it. He was right. The player had lost control of the ball and Aarons would have got it. But because someone in a dark room tells the ref to look he is telling the ref he has made a mistake. And the replays show us something contentious and not necessarily a clear and obvious error.

The Everton player began to go down before there was contact... VAR has never been our friend.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Everton aren't even out of 2nd gear. We can still get something out of this if Farke makes some changes.

Plan A blown out the water, now for  Plan B.

Written into the NCFC coaches handbook try not to make changes until the 89th minute 

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Everton aren't even out of 2nd gear. We can still get something out of this if Farke makes some changes.

Plan A blown out the water, now for  Plan B.

But will he? .......hope so

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Written into the NCFC coaches handbook try not to make changes until the 89th minute 

And wait till we're 2-0 down, dont forget

Normann is great but he's not a defensive midfielder. 

Not signing and thinking we can get away with not having a Tettey type player this year was absolutely stupid from the club. It should have been priority number 1. Just so naive to think we didn't need a player like that

Kabak worries me. Clearly very good on the ball and not afraid of a challenge, but christ he looks clumsy. Can see a red card or 2 coming his way this season.

Edited by Hoolahoop14